• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
More Cal vs Weekly and Dragon if my old thread has anything to say about it.

Anyway inconclusive, it's who strikes first, Witch Time or Mind Screw.

Bayonetta should take this.

She is literally going to start the fight with Witch Time no matter what opponent she is fighting. She sometimes doesn't even see her opponent and still spams Witch Time, while Mewtwo doesn't really start with anything in-character. He just tests his opponents for a while before putting his Mind Manipulation and Telekinesis forward. He won't have the opportunity to do this here.

Bayo will then end the fight with her BZs, which will destroy Mewtwo on an atomic level. He would have plenty of counters if Witch Time didn't exist, but it does.

I mean, if we're going with that direction, then Bayonetta may lead with Witch Time's time slow rather than stop, or use Wicked Weaves or guns first, or not follow up with Bazillions, while Mewtwo's win qualifications is just instant screw. Plus, if Bayo's even the slightest bit casual, she'd lose to the hax, as Mewtwo is stated to want to insta-win ASAP.

What I mean is that a scenario where Mewtwo wouldn't use his powerful abilities such as mind screw would be just as likely as one where Bayo did the same.

Inconclusive, because it's still who strikes first. While Mewtwo can instantly mind screw, BFR, or turn her into light, she can do the same with time-stop.

Kepekley23 said:
Bayonetta should take this.

She is literally going to start the fight with Witch Time no matter what opponent she is fighting. She sometimes doesn't even see her opponent and still spams Witch Time, while Mewtwo doesn't really start with anything in-character. He just tests his opponents for a while before putting his Mind Manipulation and Telekinesis forward. He won't have the opportunity to do this here.

Bayo will then end the fight with her BZs, which will destroy Mewtwo on an atomic level. He would have plenty of counters if Witch Time didn't exist, but it does.
Good points buuuuut N leads with Mind screw.

Actually, I may switch my vote. If they both get it off at the same time, the only one who's power eventually wanes is Bayonetta. Meaning if they attack at the same time, Mewtwo will be stuck in time while Bayonetta will be a vegetable (or whatever Mewtwo programmed her to be). But Bayonetta's Witch Time only lasts for so long, while Mewtwo's mind hax is indefinite.

@Cal

At the very beginning of the first Bayonetta game, Bayo came on the scene with Witch Time's time-stop already activated, without even knowing what was happening. She will pretty much use it instantly here, and Witch Time's time-slow by itself already slows down time so much it's almost a time-stop. Either way, Mewtwo would find himself in trouble. He would be troubled if she used time-slow, and troubled if she used time-stop.

Bayo either BFRs or destroys Mewtwo on an atomic level once Witch Time is activated. Both win her the fight, so my vote is still on her.

@Gargoyle

He tests his opponents for a little while before putting his Mind Manipulation and Telekinesis forward

^

Okay about this Mewtwo starts with Mind hax. He doesn't. He starts with telekinesis. This is shown in basically all appearances. Nurse Joy does not count either.

@Kep. Only time he did that was in the first movie, where he's actively trying to prove something. And even then, the first part of his plan was mind wiping someone.

You also used an instance where that dude was going to get very hurt if she didn't time stop...

@Dragon

Remember that next time I say Lucemon punch spams in character ovo

Why wouldn't the nurse count? Or the many times he planned to mind wipe out of convenience. And even if we didn't say mind screw (which imo is kinda silly), Mewtwo still really likes his BFR.

@Cal

If you want other instances, I can provide them. The point is, Bayo leads with Witch Time no matter what she's up against, and both her time-slow and time-stop will be extremely troublesome to Mewtwo.

And then she either leads with BFR or matter destruction via the BZs. Both will take care of Mewtwo.

Meanwhile, Mewtwo tests his opponent and then leads with Telekinesis, and eventually Mind Manip. He doesn't lead with it, though.

That's like me saying, "Oh Lucemon decided to Mind Control Cherubimon therefore he starts with Mind Control" yeah, not gonna fly, especially with you. He needed her for his plans. Name how many times he tried to mindwipe in a fight.

The real cal howard said:
Mewtwo's never "tested" anyone though. And I could provide many instances of Mewtwo going lolBFR.
I could provide many instances of Mewtwo going lolPsychic or lolEnergyBlastz as well.

They go hand and hand. Plus, as I've said many times, Mewtwo's states to like to use his psychic powers to defeat his opponents before they can think.

They go hand and hand. Plus, as I've said many times, Mewtwo's states to like to use his psychic powers to defeat his opponents before they can think.
>Psychic Powers

Guess what psychic powers also entail? Telekinesis. Guess what the move Psychic is? Telekinesis. Psychic Powers =/= Mind Control all the time.

That sass is unbecoming of you.

>Implying that Psychic has ever been shown to operate quick enough that the opponent can't process.

If Mewtwo'' ''really ''doesn't ''always use mindhax right out the gate then I may need to change my vote on Shao Kahn vs Mewtwo...

That sass is unbecoming of you.
>Implying that Psychic has ever been shown to operate quick enough that the opponent can't process.
It could be hyperbole. They could simply mean that it's extremely fast. Not to mention, it kinda has. iirc Alakazam got owned before it could do jack shit.

They go hand and hand

As in, they're both related to doing something to the mind. That's it. Mewtwo uses telepathy to talk with people, and he mind-wipes when he wants to hide something. They are not the same in battle.

Mewtwo's states to like to use his psychic powers to defeat his opponents before they can think..

Yes. He is talking about TK and Psychic. Not mind manipulation.

Starryknight200 said:
If Mewtwo really doesn't always use mindhax right out the gate then I may need to change my vote on Shao Kahn vs Mewtwo...
^

He's got a point...

Back