• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mewtwo (Super Mystery Dungeon) Vs. Bayonetta (Summoning Omne)

I was stating that it was incorrect when you said precognition takes time. If precognition took time, then it wouldn't be precognition. And if she could stop time, then she should've beaten Goku when she was 3-A. She lost because her time slow wouldn't really affect that speed difference.

WeeklyBattles said:
Mewtwo cant use every move in his arsenal at the exact same time, you know that right?
I never said he could. All he'd need to do is literally just use either move to stop her. Prevent her from activating Witch Time via Disable or just become flat out immune to it via Safeguard if it counts as Hax Negating.

The real cal howard said:
I was stating that it was incorrect when you said precognition takes time. If precognition took time, then it wouldn't be precognition. And if she could stop time, then she should've beaten Goku when she was 3-A. She lost because her time slow wouldn't really affect that speed difference.

The only precog he has is Me First, which is instant. And people thought Goku would win because they were overhyping him resisting Hit's time manipulation.

Anime4Life2020 said:
WeeklyBattles said:
Mewtwo cant use every move in his arsenal at the exact same time, you know that right?
I never said he could. All he'd need to do is literally just use either move to stop her. Prevent her from activating Witch Time via Disable or just become flat out immune to it via Safeguard if it counts as Hax Negating.
She would have to have used Witch Time first in order for Disable to take effect. Safeguard might work but how would he know to lead with it if he doesnt know about Bayonetta's powers beforehand?

Also Mewtwo doesnt need to use teleport to dodge he can just use teleport to go somewhere else, make Bayonetta think he's fleeing to stop her Witch Time from activating, charge up his attack, teleport back and release it before Bayonetta can activate Witch Time like she was gonna do the first time.

Anime4Life2020 said:
Also Mewtwo doesnt need to use teleport to dodge he can just use teleport to go somewhere else, make Bayonetta think he's fleeing to stop her Witch Time from activating, charge up his attack, teleport back and release it before Bayonetta can activate Witch Time like she was gonna do the first time.
With speed equalized she easily dodge and reactivate it. One of her main tactics revolves around dodging while using Witch Time.

GenjiTheGreat said:
Disable only works after the move has been used. Safeguard only blocks status, not hax.
Safeguard counts as Hax Negation here and no it doesnt. Mewtwo has shown to be able to disable moves without them being used.

Look. Both lead off with unavoidable moves that are impossible to dodge. Bayo stops time. Mewtwo uses psychic telekinesis. Mewtwo is frozen in time. Bayonetta can't move. Neither is getting out unless the other wears out. I'm pretty sure that Bayonetta won't be stopping WT any time soon, and the guy frozen in time has his peak strength frozen with him. Worst comes to worst, inconclusive.

WeeklyBattles said:
She would have to have used Witch Time first in order for Disable to take effect. Safeguard might work but how would he know to lead with it if he doesnt know about Bayonetta's powers beforehand?
He could just read her mind to figure out what she's gonna do and then use it.

Anime4Life2020 said:
WeeklyBattles said:
He could just read her mind to figure out what she's gonna do and then use it.
So with speed equalized he'd read her mind, learn every one of her powers, guess which power she's gonna lead with, and pick Safeguard as a way to counter it, all in the second before Bayonetta activates Witch Time?

Look. Both lead off with unavoidable moves that are impossible to dodge. Bayo stops time. Mewtwo uses psychic telekinesis. Mewtwo is frozen in time. Bayonetta can't move. Neither is getting out unless the other wears out. I'm pretty sure that Bayonetta won't be stopping WT any time soon, and the guy frozen in time has his peak strength frozen with him. Worst comes to worst, inconclusive.
Would his TK work while time is frozen if she shapeshifts?

@Anime: Mewtwo can't read Bayonetta's mind and disable Witch Time before she activates it. I also need a scan of mewtwo using disable how you're describing it.

WeeklyBattles said:
So with speed equalized he'd read her mind, learn every one of her powers, guess which power she's gonna lead with, and pick Safeguard as a way to counter it, all in the second before Bayonetta activates Witch Time?
No not learn it. This isnt Me First im talking about just normal mind reading. He'd read her thoughts and then find out what she intends to do, then activate Safeguard

Besides, I dont remember hearing thought process speeds are equal in speed equalized too and considering Alakazam, someone whom Mewtwo curbstomped in a pure psychic match, can instantly figure out an opponents tactics/weaknesses and likely think of a thousand different scenerio's in a mere second, It's not that surprising if a stronger mon like Mewtwo could do the same thing and more.

GenjiTheGreat said:
@Anime: Mewtwo can't read Bayonetta's mind and disable Witch Time before she activates it. I also need a scan of mewtwo using disable how you're describing it.
In the movie he could disable dozens of different pokemon from using any of their moves at all without even showing the technique. And they didnt use any moves at all before that.

Anime4Life2020 said:
No not learn it. This isnt Me First im talking about just normal mind reading. He'd read her thoughts and then find out what she intends to do, then activate Safeguard
Besides, I dont remember hearing thought process speeds are equal in speed equalized too and considering Alakazam, someone whom Mewtwo curbstomped in a pure psychic match, can instantly figure out an opponents tactics/weaknesses and likely think of a thousand different scenerio's in a mere second, It's not that surprising if a stronger mon like Mewtwo could do the same thing and more.
My bad, should've been more specific, i mean that he would have to know what every single one of her powers are, guess which one she's gonna use, and then figure out how to counter it, all in the split second before Bayonetta stops time.

Defeating someone =/= being smarter than them

Anime4Life2020 said:
GenjiTheGreat said:
In the movie he could disable dozens of different pokemon from using any of their moves at all without even showing the technique. And they didnt use any moves at all before that.
Last time i checked this was just TK, not the move Disable

Ummm...yeah. Is there any reason for it to not? Honest question. Psychic energy is still around her form
Dunno, thats why i asked. Honestly im starting to think this is inconclusive as well, they both have ways they can oneshot each other and ways they stalemate each other...

WeeklyBattles said:
Anime4Life2020 said:
My bad, should've been more specific, i mean that he would have to know what every single one of her powers are, guess which one she's gonna use, and then figure out how to counter it, all in the split second before Bayonetta stops time.
Defeating someone =/= being smarter than them

Well Mewtwo could just look into her memories and see past battles with her using the move, something like what Mewtwo did to Shadow. And yea it wouldnt mean Mewtwo is smarter but he'd have a better thought process and working mind then Alakazam's whose infinitely expand in brain cells. Besides, doesnt Mewtwo have the better intelligence feats while Alakazam is stated to have better ones via lore?

Anime4Life2020 said:
Well Mewtwo could just look into her memories and see past battles with her using the move, something like what Mewtwo did to Shadow. And yea it wouldnt mean Mewtwo is smarter but he'd have a better thought process and working mind then Alakazam's whose infinitely expand in brain cells. Besides, doesnt Mewtwo have the better intelligence feats while Alakazam is stated to have better ones via lore?
He would have to go through a massive amount of information in less than a second. Just a heads up, using a DB outcome isnt the most viable option, not saying he cant do that though. Mewtwo's best intelligence feat is creating a device that can clone pokemon in a short amount of time with very little resources.

WeeklyBattles said:
He would have to go through a massive amount of information in less than a second. Just a heads up, using a DB outcome isnt the most viable option, not saying he cant do that though. Mewtwo's best intelligence feat is creating a device that can clone pokemon in a short amount of time with very little resources.
Oh yea of course I just needed it as an example lol

Hmm k. Well would that be better than Alakazam's lore feats?

Im not sure, going by lore the only other pokemon who is relatively comparable to Alakazam is Metagross. Building a cloning machine is no small feat but it definitely wouldnt give him an IQ of over 5000

Good point. But since Alakazam's brain grows at an never ending continous rate, multiplying brain cells, it would take someone with equal or higher thought processes to match/surpass Alakazams. And im sure Mewtwo would be given that since it beat Alakazam in a psychic battle almost instantly before Alakazam could even think of like a thousand different ways to fight or beat Mewtwo and try them out on him in battle.

Otherwise, if still no, then yea i'll go for inconclusive as well.

Dang it. I am soo torn on this match.....I'll give my vote later after I see more arguments...

Actually wait I just remembered in Speed Equal battles does Time Manipulation that just slow things down instead of insta-stopping them work or are they discared? If Discarded, then Bayonetta isnt able to use Witch Time in battles that equalize all forms of speed.

Really? Then how is Witch Time going to work here? Mewtwo and Bayonetta's speeds in all forms are equalized. And Witch Time doesnt insta-stop time it slows it down. So how is a move that would slow someone down gonna work in a speed equal battle?

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Really? Then how is Witch Time going to work here? Mewtwo and Bayonetta's speeds in all forms are equalized. And Witch Time doesnt insta-stop time it slows it down. So how is a move that would slow someone down gonna work in a speed equal battle?
It isn't stat reduction.....It is simply Time Manipulation....

It doesnt need to be stat reduction. Slowing down time is still slowing down the movements of everything else other than the user, which I fail to see how that works in a speed equal battle.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
It doesnt need to be stat reduction. Slowing down time is still slowing down the movements of everything else other than the user, which I fail to see how that works in a speed equal battle.
Because that is time manipulation.....Drop it please. Time Manipulation is allowed whether you agree or not. If it bothers you make a thread about it. As of now it is allowed and this is derailing the thread....

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Because that is time manipulation.....Drop it please. Time Manipulation is allowed whether you agree or not. If it bothers you make a thread about it. As of now it is allowed and this is derailing the thread....
I never said I agreed or disagreed with it being allowed. Nor did I say it bothered me. All I did was ask how would it work in a speed equal battle when both cannot become faster than the other in any way or else it becomes a speed stomp and thats it. I apologize if it bothered you I would just like an answer is all.

It simple slows something down. Like Time Manipulation usually does. If we counted every match with a Time Stopper a speedblitz then we'd have a large amount of matches not being allowed to be added.

Anyway my vote is indeed inconclusive. Both have ways of killing each other. Mewtwo has much Higher AP while Bayo has Witch Time and Durability Negation. And both can use their killing attacks near instantly(And no not instant speed.) so yeah I vote inconclusive.

If I had to say ask one thing though, What is Me First's limit?

Back