• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I feel like this has been done before...

Mewtwo's TK should be able to crush Thanos before he does anything, hitting his 'unknown amount above High 6-B' durability hard. I think Thanos also one-shots, and of course there's the snap as well, but Thanos doesn't lead with the snap.

So Mewtwo by hitting first

I mean, Mewtwo can TK and Thanos can close his gauntlet and Mewtwo dies in a variety of fashions

So Inconclusive seems better

If Mewtwo knows that he'd die if Thanos snaps his fingers (which he does, thanks to precog), what prevents him from breaking his arm first with TK?

GyroNutz said:
I feel like this has been done before...

Mewtwo's TK should be able to crush Thanos before he does anything, hitting his 'unknown amount above High 6-B' durability hard. I think Thanos also one-shots, and of course there's the snap as well, but Thanos doesn't lead with the snap.

So Mewtwo by hitting first
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought TK was a lifting strength attack and not AP?

Least that's what I remember from the Gaiamon fight

It scales from Alakazam though.

Even then, he doesn't need to precog anything to use Psychic on someone he wants to kill

Kaltias said:
It scales from Alakazam though.
Even then, he doesn't need to precog anything to use Psychic on someone he wants to kill
Nothing regarding Mewtwo has every showcased nor stated that he can see into the future outside of Me First. Not once. Are we going to give every Legendary Psychic Pokemon Precog via being > Alakazam?

Okay but

I'm very, very sure

At no point in the movie

Does it leave any implication that Thanos could have possibly been killed by it

DMUA said:
Okay but
I'm very, very sure

At no point in the movie

Does it leave any implication that Thanos could have possibly been killed by it
WoG mah boi. They said he was so relieved cuz he didn't die.

Beyond his usage if hax, do I need to explain the flaws of his plans?

Me thinks that Russo said it in a Q&A, will look it up once home.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
I'll try to find it, sure. But why would Thanos risking his own life with it be stupid? I mean, he is obviously illogical in his actions.
Firstly, he has a Soul Stone which has implications of him being... Actually connected to the people of the Universe (He starts talking to Stark like he knows him, for they are both cursed with knowledge), and, he's not Illogical, he's irrational. He doesn't want to just make a random shot in the dark, he wants to cleanly sweep half the universe to deal with resource problems.

He should have known strange had a plan by that logic, as he has a soul too. I don't think it that can be assumed. And I don't think he planned to conquer the universe.

He didn't plan it otherwise he wouldn't wipe out half of it.

Granted, what plan? And how would he know that to begin with?

What? He planned to wipe half of the universe. He obviously knew it, he planned to wipe out half of it, and I remember Russo saying that he he looked surprised because he involved himself into the lottery.

Ironically it doesn't make any sense that he says to Strange "I will look at over the sunset" if he had a 50/50 chance of death

Because we all know marvel for stuff being internally consistent. I guess we could just ignore wog tough, not fond of using it much.

WoG isn't given a particularly good rap on this site

I'm also unsure of it was a Thanos being surprised he lived or the fact that he just did his goal

I'd like to see the clip of the Russo's saying that, mainly cause I'm interested

Well, yeah, most of the rime it isn't...

Goddamit, this keeps reminding me of how I have to make the downgrade for bill, again.

If the thread about GP has been accepted we still need 24 hours before adding/requesting this.

Back