• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mew's genetics

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
How do we treat this again?

For game mechanics, Mew can learn any TM, HM, or Tutor move that's not group specific (like Draco Meteor, Sacred Sword, Blast Burn, etc.). But going from the lore, it implies that Mew's genes have the DNA of all Pokémon (with obvious unnamed exceptions) and that it can learn any move or technique (Pokédex uses technique for some reason) due to that. Mew in lore has never been captured canonically, so it hasn't been taught TMs and HMs. Should we treat Mew like what we do for Mirage Mewtwo, minus abilities, specific Pokémon traits, and without the information of other Legendaries? I should've just said should Mew have every move at its disposal. This wouldn't transfer to Mewtwo, btw. Mewtwo's altered genes made it different from Mew's all inclusive genes, which is why it can't learn every move and why it can't Transform.

That I completely agree with. Mew wouldn't pick moves outside of the stuff in its game learnset in character.

A weakness that would be added is that Mew can't use the signature moves of manmade Pokémon (like Porygon's Conversion, Genesect's Techno Blast, or its clone's Psystrike), Pokemon that predate or are as old as it (like Giratina's Shadow Force, Rayquaza's Dragon Ascent, or Regigigas's Crush Grip), Pokemon of alien origin (like Deoxys's Psycho Boost), and moves made by humans (like Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon, Draco Meteor, or Grass Pledge)

Beheeyem is from alien origin, so Mew doesn't have is DNA I think.

And, how this could be a MFTL+ feat?

Hm... Mew originated from South America... It's really hard to piece things together. It's weird. If we go by how long South America has existed as a continent in real life, then Mew would've been predated by some fossil Pokémon, which wouldn't make sense...

Biological Manipulation via a devolution beam, it implies that Mew can and will use any move in it repertoire, passively Khorne's everything that's not damage, upon entering battle it can use any attack of any ally or opponent on the field even before they use it, etc.

Shouldn't Mew also get resistance to radiation? Deoxys is an exception but Eevee's DNA should be a part of mew at least and Eevee literally needs to be exposed to radiation to evolve via the element stones.

TheHadouCyberspaceWitch said:
I agree with this, though, I've thought. Should Mew be MFTL+? Or would we not consider him the ancestor of Pokémon like Beheeyem?
I've actually been wondering about the Elgeym and Beeheeyem line's LS stuff for a while. It's interesting to say the least.

Mew cant use every move in the series. Let's not speculate too much.

Can lear =/= Can use

This man just said quaternary canon. I am just waiting to see how deep this rabbit hole goes. ovo

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Shouldn't Mew also get resistance to radiation? Deoxys is an exception but Eevee's DNA should be a part of mew at least and Eevee literally needs to be exposed to radiation to evolve via the element stones.
Not all radiation is harmful y'know.

Regular humans don't get radiation resist because we don't instantly contract melanoma from going outside after all.

TCG Mew's lore also blatantly contradicts the game and the anime alike, since it states Mew came to be at the same moment as Dialga.

Tcg Mewtwo would be a nightmare for verse equalization if it were to be used though.

Kepekley23 said:
TCG Mew's lore also blatantly contradicts the game and the anime alike, since it states Mew came to be at the same moment as Dialga.
Then we cannot use it.

Case closed.

Yeah, I know. Just happened to remember that card from you bringing it up.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Not all radiation is harmful y'know.
True, but I still think it should be listed just for the sake of this being an index wiki. We can just note it's not suited for harmful radiation.

But if it's not harmful, you didn't really resist anything. We don't give nearly everyone a non applicable resistance for not being killed by the sun.

PaChi2 said:
@Kukui no. In fact, having more DNA would make Mew weaker to radiation, not stronger.
Except how? Eevee takes it in just fine when evolving. Mew having the DNA of said Eevee would make it be able to take the same exact thing. Why would it make Mew weaker?

Why do you think humans weren't wiped out by the -40 degrees temperature? What do you think they absorbed not to be killed by these?

If the radiation hurt literally nobody else, not being affected by it is not a feat. Don't see how that's any different from the sun generally not instantly giving people cancer.

Im pretty sure thats a false equivalance since Eevee actually has to absorb the element stones's radiation to evolve into "mutations".
And sunkern needs the Sun Stone radiation.

Poliwhirl too. Etc.

Also, light is also grouped under radiation. Considering the stones glow as much as Cal when he finds a Tier 5 Legendary feat he'd missed before, I think it's just referring to the light they absorb to evolve.

Back