• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metroid V: To Infinity and Beyond

Looks to have a more or less extended "action" intro like Corruption did, hopefully it's less linear than that game though. Scan Visor looks like it did in Prime 2 which is great as far as I'm concerned. Also, I think I saw blood around that dead Space Pirate, which would be the first time we see blood in the series, I think? EDIT: NVM, there's blood in Super Metroid's title screen. Still, neat.

Something interesting is that it's set in year 20X9, which is way after the Prime trilogy and even FF (FF is 20X6, ZM is 20X5). This is probably not canon anymore but Super Metroid was stated to be 20X7, which would mean this takes place after Other M and before Fusion. That or they just fucked the timeline again.

I also wonder if the logo has any meaning. Prime 3's was Phaaze, so that's not impossible. It very vaguely resembles Sylux's Lockjaw, could also be a new Morph Ball form or something.

Last edited:
A few other things
  • Samus' gunship got redesigned a bit but I think it's the Corruption one? Looks pretty similar to how it did in FF
  • Fairly sure this is the exact same Varia suit model/design as MPR which makes sense
  • The minimap has a compass, which I think is a first. Also the map is blue rather than orange like the Trilogy, which seems like nothing but may hint at a different UI style. Or not.
  • The minimap shows allies alongside enemies, in a different color. Might be just a prologue thing but it could be that they'll be a recurring thing.
  • Aside from the last shot with the forest I think they just showed us the prologue, everything looks very scripted and action-y, whereas most of the game will probably be slower and more explorative.
  • Speaking of that, the door in the forest area seems to be organic, which may hint that at least that specific area isn't a civilized or once civilized place like the ones we explored in the rest of the Trilogy.
  • At the end of that shot when it pans out you can see a bridge though, so that might not be true.
  • That last area is also enormous, I think bigger than any room in the Trilogy, and seemingly empty? Wouldn't surprise me if it was made just for the trailer.
  • Sylux' proportions seem a bit different compared to the Pirates around him. Good odds are he's a human, IMO.

Looks to have a more or less extended "action" intro like Corruption did, hopefully it's less linear than that game though. Scan Visor looks like it did in Prime 2 which is great as far as I'm concerned. Also, I think I saw blood around that dead Space Pirate, which would be the first time we see blood in the series, I think? EDIT: NVM, there's blood in Super Metroid's title screen. Still, neat.

Something interesting is that it's set in year 20X9, which is way after the Prime trilogy and even FF (FF is 20X6, ZM is 20X5). This is probably not canon anymore but Super Metroid was stated to be 20X7, which would mean this takes place after Other M and before Fusion. That or they just fucked the timeline again.

I also wonder if the logo has any meaning. Prime 3's was Phaaze, so that's not impossible. It very vaguely resembles Sylux's Lockjaw, could also be a new Morph Ball form or something.
I would love for it to be later in the timeline and not yet another game set before Metroid ll. Before Dread turned out to be a reality, I often thought it would be cool if Prime 4 took place after Fusion.

Oh, also, Missiles are selected with the D-Pad, which I think was Visors in MPR. Either there's four kinds of missiles in this game or they're counted alongside Beam weapons.

I would love for it to be later in the timeline and not yet another game set before Metroid ll. Before Dread turned out to be a reality, I often thought it would be cool if Prime 4 took place after Fusion.
That'd be cool, yeah. I don't think they're gonna do much with M2/SM having happened (And they definitely will avoid referencing OM), given Prime and mainline usually don't reference each other in very major ways, but it'd probably change the vibes a bit

Last edited:
Idk, I think it's neat that Sylux is likely a human, makes sense why he has access to Fed tech too, and given he seems to know Samus and what the GF is doing, he prob has access.
They've been building up an evil human faction since Fusion so would be neat if they play into that.

The best part about the Prime 4 trailer is that it's exactly what we wanted/expected.

By having Sylux take control of the space pirates and make an army of cloned Metroids (they seem to be Mochtroids though), it's delivering on everything that was teased at the end of Prime 3 and Federation Force.

Even after nearly a decade of development, they kept their promise and did not abandon the plans made by the previous games.

The best part about the Prime 4 trailer is that it's exactly what we wanted/expected.
Best part was the jungle because it played instruments that sounded vaguely like phendrana and i went
ezgif-4-b0f8bdbdc1.gif

I genuinely hope that this game is cross-gen; an unspecified 2025 release date in tandem with the Switch successor most likely coming out Spring next year makes me hopeful that this game is cross-gen like how BOTW was.

I'm also curious to see where this fits in the timeline, whether it's going to (yet again) be before Metroid II or if it'll be after Metroid II and possibly even Super

I heard there is a possibility it might chronologically be the latest thus far, but speculation. But definitely would be after Federation Force at bare minimum.

Yeah, that's my thoughts as well, it HAS to be after Federation Force considering that Sylux has Metroids or Metroid-like creatures with him, and the little hint at the end of Federation Force suggests he stole the hatched Metroid.

My gut tells me that this seems to come before Metroid II, but I'm not entirely sure, we'll have to wait until more info comes out about the game

I'm also curious to see where this fits in the timeline, whether it's going to (yet again) be before Metroid II or if it'll be after Metroid II and possibly even Super
In the trailer Prime 4 is said to be taking place in 20X9. Apparently Super Metroid took place in 20X7 so the Prime series may have finally gone beyond Metroid 2 in the timeline. This could also explain how Sylux managed to take control of the space pirates, with Mother Brain and Ridley out of the picture he could have simply filled the power vacuum using his army of Mochtroids.

Also Super Metroid happens right after Metroid 2. There is not enough time between those games for another game to take place, so if a game takes place after Metroid 2 it also has to be after Super Metroid (and probably Other M too).

In the trailer Prime 4 is said to be taking place in 20X9. Apparently Super Metroid took place in 20X7
The thing is though, Super taking place in 20X7 and Prime 4 taking place in 20X9 doesn't 100% mean that Prime 4 is happening after Super. The X is in that third position after all, not the fourth or second; for all we know, Super could be taking place 8 years after Prime 4 for whatever reason they choose (or not) to give us. I don't think we'll truly know until we learn more information either from Nintendo or the game itself

I wouldn't be surprised with either outcome considering the Metroid timeline is becoming further ****** as time goes on, but meh

Samus's ship in Prime 4 seems to be the same one from Prime 3 though. If Prime 4 took place after Super Metroid, Samus would still have her normal Gunship from Metroid 2 and Super, which she kept until the intro of Fusion. So Prime 4 being in 20X9 while Super Metroid takes place in 20X7 may be a continuity error.
Edit: I no longer believe this.
(Note this post is not a response to the post above me, I wrote this without seeing Techmaster36's response)

Last edited:
There was research for cloning more Metroid's in Fusion; though SA-X destroyed them. And there's always ways future installments may surprise us. Might as well wait for the confirmation.

Reminder the X in the date can be anywhere from 0 to 9, and we already know of multiple multi year gaps that pace games into the next decade (Fusion for example, isnt the same decade as SM).

It being 20x9, prob means it's the last game before the switch over.

Back