• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Time stream is beyond dimensional

Sorry for another DC brain rot discussion thread. This won't take much time.
Time stream is stated as "not confined by DIMENSIONAL SPACE" which got me thinking if they are referring to 3 dimensional space or higher.....If they want to state time stream as not limited by 3 dimensional space, they can just say "not confined by space" that will do. This scan is from Countdown, i think. I forgor-

Physical World unfolds into a shape beyond mathematics
This is where I noticed the connection. This scan is from Swamp Thing Vol2 issue 46, i think. When Swamp Thing was summoned to monitor satellite, he said that line "The physical world unfolds into a shape beyond mathematics. I become lost....in a gallery of oppressive and uneasy forms that my mind is too flat to grasp"
Math shapes include n dimensional space if i am not mistaken. And he also said that his mind is too flat to grasp. 3 Dimensional Sphere shape is the combination of 2 Dimensional Flat Circle Shapes.

So, connecting with the first scan...I think time stream should be around high 1-B. This is not an upgrade request, just a discussion. How do you think?

Huh not again

Sorry for another DC brain rot discussion thread. This won't take much time.
Time stream is stated as "not confined by DIMENSIONAL SPACE" which got me thinking if they are referring to 3 dimensional space or higher.....If they want to state time stream as not limited by 3 dimensional space, they can just say "not confined by space" that will do. This scan is from Countdown, i think. I forgor-
That's not as if this statement makes Timestream outside whole dimensional. That could be referring to two different perceptions

A: It could be referring to an alternate dimension of reality instead of leading to a higher dimension.

B: It can also be interpreted as material multiverse space dimensional.

Physical World unfolds into a shape beyond mathematics
This is where I noticed the connection. This scan is from Swamp Thing Vol2 issue 46, i think. When Swamp Thing was summoned to monitor satellite, he said that line "The physical world unfolds into a shape beyond mathematics. I become lost....in a gallery of oppressive and uneasy forms that my mind is too flat to grasp"
Math shapes include n dimensional space if i am not mistaken. And he also said that his mind is too flat to grasp. 3 Dimensional Sphere shape is the combination of 2 Dimensional Flat Circle Shapes.
You are misunderstanding this, what is meant by beyond mathematics is that beings originating from the physical world when ascending to a higher realm (metaphysical), They will unfolds into a shape that beyond mathematics that is not easily understood by the minds material beings because it is too flat to grasp. Does not refer to the physical world whose form beyond mathematics, any more than it refers to geometric dimensions thing.

Huh not again

That's not as if this statement makes Timestream outside whole dimensional. That could be referring to two different perceptions

A: It could be referring to an alternate dimension of reality instead of leading to a higher dimension.

You are misunderstanding this, what is meant by beyond mathematics is that beings originating from the physical world when ascending to a higher realm (metaphysical), They will unfolds into a shape that beyond mathematics that is not easily understood by the minds material beings because it is too flat to grasp. Does not refer to the physical world whose form beyond mathematics, any more than it refers to geometric dimensions thing.
FYI, fifth dimension is stated to be "Transgeometric dimensions".
Also Time stream is on fourth dimension. Dimensions in DC are more like a plane of existence rather than geometrical dimensions. Scott snyder confirmed that twice. Once in his interview with Imaginary Axis and second time in his tweet
Connecting every dots we have right now, it only lead to beyond dimensional Fourth Dimension (sound weird to call it 4D while it being beyond dimensional :3)

It may be just my head canon but try to see my view

I don't really understand the point you're making. Swamp dude literally said "Physical World unfolds to a shape beyond math". To my understanding, universe is 3 dimensional if we don't account the temporal one. We live in a 3D shape universe which has xyz coordinates. Our math has imaginary numbers to study dimensions above 3. Wikipedia also has list of math shapes which include higher dimensional shapes. Think about it for a sec, time stream is not confined by dimensional space. and it's a shape beyond math. fifth dimension is transgeometric plane. And DC's dimensions aren't geometric ones.

Am i just delusional or something?

Transgeometric dimensions does not have any influence on tiering system.

Also Time stream is on fourth dimension. Dimensions in DC are more like a plane of existence rather than geometrical dimensions. Scott snyder confirmed that twice. Once in his interview with Imaginary Axis and second time in his tweet
Yes I know that but snyder's work is very contrary to most of works other writers, this will not be relevant to use especially in swamp thing saga comic.

Connecting every dots we have right now, it only lead to beyond dimensional Fourth Dimension (sound weird to call it 4D while it being beyond dimensional :3)
The metaphysical realm from event metal is very different from the metaphysical realm other continuity such as Morrison pre 2000s, DeMatteis, Moore, Gaiman, Carey, Sandman universe, etc. So this won't work

I don't really understand the point you're making. Swamp dude literally said "Physical World unfolds to a shape beyond math". To my understanding, universe is 3 dimensional if we don't account the temporal one. We live in a 3D shape universe which has xyz coordinates. Our math has imaginary numbers to study dimensions above 3. Wikipedia also has list of math shapes which include higher dimensional shapes. Think about it for a sec, time stream is not confined by dimensional space. and it's a shape beyond math. fifth dimension is transgeometric plane. And DC's dimensions aren't geometric ones.
No, that nothing to do with geometric dimensions. If you read the narration of the scene again, it is clear that it leads to the swamp thing being able to feel its essence rising to the metaphysical realm that cannot be understood by physical beings, because the metaphysical realm has forms that are very amazing and these forms are not easily digested in the mind.

Excerpt:
"I become lost... in a gallery of oppressive and uneasy forms... that my mind... is too flat... to grasp.

No, that nothing to do with geometric dimensions. If you read the narration of the scene again, it is clear that it leads to the swamp thing being able to feel its essence rising to the metaphysical realm that cannot be understood by physical beings, because the metaphysical realm has forms that are very amazing and these forms are not easily digested in the mind.

Excerpt:
"I become lost... in a gallery of oppressive and uneasy forms... that my mind... is too flat... to grasp.
I don't get what you meant by "Metaphysical" since metaphysical starts from sphere of the gods layer, if i'm not mistaken. Monitor Satellite exists in time stream which is fourth dimension. You said Snyder work is contrary but i just s showed that both are indicating the same thing. Writer inconsistency is also a thing but there're a lot of stuffs where they align sometimes.

Also the narrration about a shape beyond math. From monitor satellite, you can see universes in the form of an earth indicating that it exists on a higher plane where they govern everything just like scott snyder said in the interview. I fail to understand why you're talking about metaphysical realm and stuffs while there're concrete contexts

I don't get what you meant by "Metaphysical" since metaphysical starts from sphere of the gods layer, if i'm not mistaken.
The mention sphere of the gods was only used when Morrison wrote Multiversity, earlier writers never used it so I called it the metaphysical realm for ease of understanding.

Monitor Satellite exists in time stream which is fourth dimension. You said Snyder work is contrary but i just s showed that both are indicating the same thing. Writer inconsistency is also a thing but there're a lot of stuffs where they align sometimes.
Both the continuity and the ideas it brings are still contradictory and not in harmony with each other. Even though in Swamp thing comic brought Timestream for the material, it still can't be proof that they have a relationship with each other, you can take case the bleed from Wildstrom and the bleed from crisis continuity that can't be combined because they don't match.

The mention sphere of the gods was only used when Morrison wrote Multiversity, earlier writers never used it so I called it the metaphysical realm for ease of understanding.

Both the continuity and the ideas it brings are still contradictory and not in harmony with each other. Even though in Swamp thing comic brought Timestream for the material, it still can't be proof that they have a relationship with each other, you can take case the bleed from Wildstrom and the bleed from crisis continuity that can't be combined because they don't match.
In the first scan, it has a monitor satellite. And the place is mentioned as time stream. What else do i need more to prove that they are the same things??

In the first scan, it has a monitor satellite. And the place is mentioned as time stream. What else do i need more to prove that they are the same things??
I answered earlier that this could refer to two different contexts.

I answered earlier that this could refer to two different contexts.
What made you think this complex? I mean this is pretty simple. Swamp dude got summoned to monitor satellite. He said it's a shape beyond math and his mind was too flat to grasp. That place is also stated as "not confines of dimensional space". I think i gave enough contexts to consider. All you are saying is just "could" and "can". What i stated was solid contexts from comic panels.

Back