• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metroid V: Dread(ing the future for the franchise)

I know they could be seen, I was just unsure if they could be damaged while phased out, I never see that happen in any playthroughs.

Just wondering, since Phaaze is sentient, and since DS fused with it and the Aurora unit, is it possible to argue that DS sort of scales to some of the stats of Phaaze? Like how it scans the universe planet by planet?

Just wondering, since Phaaze is sentient, and since DS fused with it and the Aurora unit, is it possible to argue that DS sort of scales to some of the stats of Phaaze? Like how it scans the universe planet by planet?
I see what you're going for, but wouldn't Dark Samus be able to have stuff from Phaaze attack you, like some of the giant Phazon tentacle in the background? As far as I can tell it's mostly to directly absorb energy from Phaaze like Dark Samus does during her boss fight. It's hard to say exactly what Dark Samus fusing with the Aurora Unit does since no noticeable changes happen to Phaaze as a result, the Aurora Unit can create Dark Samus echoes at least. From what I remember about the lore Dark Samus used her connection to Phaaze to produce Leviathan Seeds faster to increase the corruption of the galaxy/universe. It doesn't help that Dark Samus shows up in the beginning of Prime 3 and then flies away to do nothing the entire game but wait for Samus on Phaaze... I guess.

Something I thought of. Considering how Samus used the Metroid drain at the end of Dread, how could Mother Brain revive herself at the end of Super? If she set up some sort of backup power in case a Metroid attacked her, sure, but then wouldn't the Super Metroid have been able to absorb that too? The Metroid drain Samus used drains what she's touching and whatever that thing is connected to. The last EMMI seemed to have a wireless or telepathic link to the Central Unit, but both got drained all the same. I'm also wondering how anything can come back after the life has been drained from every aspect of its body and how an X Parasite was able to get Ridley's DNA from a Metroid drained husk in Fusion.

I'm partially thinking about this because I was brainstorming if the Metroid drain could possibly be a win condition in a Samus vs Megaman X match up. X will no doubt get the Mother Elf which I figure Samus would drain along with other Cyber Elves on X's person. Someone could be like "Well Mother Brain got revived from the Metroid drain so therefore X would too." Anyway, the Metroid drain seems to be Samus' only real win condition potentially, however unlikely it is for Samus to connect the Metroid drain and keep draining X until he's dead/weakened so much that Samus can finish him off. I can think of a few scenario where Samus could make the Metroid drain connect, but X would no doubt win 9.5 times out of 10 with the stat advantage and exuberant amount of stuff composite X has.

It could also be that Samus' drain is unique compared to other metroid drains, esp given what her gene pool is and we don't really know what effects being a menagerie of like 13 different people and 5 different races would have on the drain. And it kinda makes sense too, given that if it were that other metroid's were the same, then most of the functions of Samus' power suit would shut off too, effectively just being a ToD

Kinda curious, where is it said that Gorea destroyed any planets? It says a lot of stuff about how death swept across the worlds, cancer spreading like fire across the worlds, annihilating all in its path, devouring everything in its path. But I didn’t find anything about actual planet busting. Is it just Occam’s Razor?

Kinda curious, where is it said that Gorea destroyed any planets? It says a lot of stuff about how death swept across the worlds, cancer spreading like fire across the worlds, annihilating all in its path, devouring everything in its path. But I didn’t find anything about actual planet busting. Is it just Occam’s Razor?
Reading through Alimbic lore on Wikitroid I didn't see any mention of planets blowing up. Closest I can figure would be that Alinos was once lush, but when the meteor containing Gorea crashed onto Alinos, it destroyed the planet's core and caused Alinos to become a giant volcano planet. Gorea is consistently said to be unstoppable and is capable of going between the planets of the Alimbic Cluster at the very least as well as draining the life from its victims (getting stronger as a result), shape shifting and can incorporate any weaponry it finds. All these combined with the fact that the Alimbics were implied to be a military powerhouse yet were helpless against Gorea made it seem like if Gorea wasn't stopped by the Alimbics, it would just go around killing everything it finds like Unicron or Majin Buu or something.

Ig it does say it would devour and annihilate everything in its path. I just assumed that meant all life, not the planets and celestial bodies themselves

I updated the Dark Samus and Tallon Metroid profiles.

Are there any other profiles that are in desperate need of updating? If not, I'm going to go ahead and update the Leviathan profile next.

Noice Glassman

Also, after seeing this video on Metroid canon by Lore Raider, I remember how controversial Prime's canon was. Even though it seems that Samus Returns has ended the debate, a lot of the 2-D purists seem to still be a bit scuffed, what's up with that?

Yeah, I also have so many projects to tackle all at once, but I hope to get an advanced Desktop and speed up my game on page creation and content revision making once I do.

Also, Prime games are canon; I know exactly why people don't want that or S&J to be canon. But I best not say. But it involves people not wanting Samus Aran to be seen as so much more OP than a certain rival character.

Huh, I just assumed people didn't want S&J to be canon because the atmosphere is completely off. At least, that's why I wish it wasn't canon.

DM the details if you will?

I only wish Other M wasn't canon, S&J deservers to remain canon for other reasons

I was mostly joking and seemed obvious. It's the classic legacy debate between Samus Aran and Master Chief I was referring to. Because you know, people don't like the 960 G's being canon and fail to realize this image is 100% fabricated and doesn't actually exist in the guide book.

Last edited:
That image is fabricated?
I thought you were the one who informed me when talking about it on another users blog. About the infamous 1.36g calc coming from information that doesn't even exist as Metroid Database translated the whole guidebook and found no info about planetary parameters.

I thought you were the one who informed me when talking about it on another users blog. About the infamous 1.36g calc coming from information that doesn't even exist as Metroid Database translated the whole guidebook and found no info about planetary parameters.
Well it was fabricated in that there existed no scans of the page back then. I'll have to check the history of the image to make sure.

@SomebodyData yeah there's some pretty juicy stuff for the space pirates and the metroids from some logs in the prime games, I'll try to elaborate on those when I get around to scan collecting on discord.

From what I heard, the numbers were photoshopped on their by that one guy from Twitter, and he made it just because he was upset about some Spacebattles.Net outcomes.

Last edited:
@SomebodyData yeah there's some pretty juicy stuff for the space pirates and the metroids from some logs in the prime games, I'll try to elaborate on those when I get around to scan collecting on discord.
Can't wait to see them

From what I heard, the numbers were photoshopped on their by that one guy from Twitter and he made it just because he was upset about some Spacebattles.Net outcomes.
Wack

Last edited by a moderator:
Why question the 960g calcs when Samus can do stuff like this:

I'm guessing the people who don't want S&J to be canon is mostly because its title is silly, because it is. However, there's lots of badass/memorable moments from Samus (both action scenes and character moments) so I'd like S&J to be canon. It shows Samus winning the day by thinking outside the box in the heat of the moment as well as fighting well. On top of that is shows that Samus isn't at full power yet can take on basically anything and win or at least be on par (further proving why she's the best).

Speaking of which, the first scan was against a foe biologically designed to be native to the 960's Gs. And I don't need to sound like any broken records with the Shounen level debates.

Here's a pretty lengthy (a little over an hour lengthy) but enjoyable video about Ridley vs Vilgax:

Don't remember if there were any real stats given but plenty of feats with proof were used for each. A few points for Ridley I don't agree with but overall I think it's pretty good.

Remember when I said I was going to make a profile on Big Eye from Metroid Prime Federation Force?

Next profile I make is going to be Phazon Metroids.

It's a sort of subspecies from the Tallon Metroid that became significantly mutated from Phazon.

The life cycle is Miniroids > Phazon Metroids > (Hopping Metroids > Phazon Hoppers) or Metroid Hatcher

Last edited:
Why not add that to the main metroid page? Seems redundant to make another page when we literally have a species page for metroids.

Well the lore indicates they're really different from both the SR388 and Tallon Metroids, and they have some very interesting abilities, such as popping out of space-time and not having a weakness to cold in later stages.

Last edited:
Technically speaking, so is the dark metroids and the fission metroids but they're still from the same species, you can just have them as a separate key for the species.

During Death Battle's next fireside Chat stream this Tuesday 11/2/22 they'll have the Death Battle Champions pitch the match ups they want to see in Season 10. These Death Battle suggestions will be whittled down to a vote/poll in order to decide what one of the match ups in Season 10 of Death Battle will be. If you were to pith a Metroid related match up in this Fireside Chat, what would it be and what is your reasoning/pitch? My preferred match up involves Samus coming back, if nothing else so she can get a proper analysis.

My preferred opponent would be Mega Man X despite knowing that Samus loses that match up. From what I can tell, if Samus can land her Metroid Drain that is a win condition but I believe it is her only win condition. Plenty will bring up X's regen and the Mother Elf, but based on the Metroid Drain being able to drain the last EMMI as well as the Central Unit connected to it/Raven Beak and his ship, the Metroid Drain should drain X and the Mother Elf/all the Cyber Elves X might have on him. There's also the crystal on his head that X can regen from if his whole body is destroyed, but Samus' Scan Visor should point this out as a potential weakness to go after, even though destroying the head gem isn't instant death or anything. If Samus goes Metroid Suit rage mode to drain X, she could grab/shatter X's head crystal like she destroyed Raven Beak's helmet. Despite all that, there's a massive stat gap between the two (going off of VS Battle Wiki's profiles anyway) so the possibility of Samus being able to make contact with her Metroid Drain is very slim. X on the other hand can just fight normally and he'll win. Bare minimum this match up will be a really cool fight and would force Samus to use all of her abilities to their utmost. X would require a fair amount of his arsenal to counter/negate/deal with what Samus can bring to the table so it would allow for a lot of col stuff for both characters.

I would kind of prefer if different Metroid characters got in Vs match ups more often. And against most Mega Men; it's typically a who hits first situation; though MegaMan.EXE would absolutely destroy her because speed and AP both trump there. And Volnutt would be the one who'd get destroyed as he's only Tier 6 and Hypersonic with like no hax. Metroid Suit could win against X given the speed and hax to overcome the AP gap, but X also has like an infinite amount of ammunition for all his crazy weapons such as black holes and time stopping. Actually, I think Time stopping would overcome the speed gap, so I'd give it to him more often then not. She could beat Classic Mega Man however with the Light Suit, or Phazon Suit fairly easily.

I would kind of prefer if different Metroid characters got in Vs match ups more often. And against most Mega Men; it's typically a who hits first situation; though MegaMan.EXE would absolutely destroy her because speed and AP both trump there. And Volnutt would be the one who'd get destroyed as he's only Tier 6 and Hypersonic with like no hax. Metroid Suit could win against X given the speed and hax to overcome the AP gap, but X also has like an infinite amount of ammunition for all his crazy weapons such as black holes and time stopping. Actually, I think Time stopping would overcome the speed gap, so I'd give it to him more often then not. She could beat Classic Mega Man however with the Light Suit, or Phazon Suit fairly easily.
What different Metroid characters would you like to see?

I think it would be awesome for Ridley to be in a Death Battle, and against Rayquaza or Deathwing wouldn't be bad choices. Kraid would be fun if there is some Kaiju character to fight. And obviously Dark Samus would be badass.

If Dark Samus was in a Death Battle it would be against Perfect Cell. Currently they aren't too far apart in stats, but if Cell ever gets brought back in Dragon Ball Super his power level would skyrocket so quickly the match up will be come a stomp overnight... as long as Perfect Cell and Cell Max are two completely different characters. I'd prefer Dark Samus vs Cell just because I'm pretty sure Ridley loses his match ups and Dark Samus has a good chance of winning her match up.

Well, the WoW pages were deleted, but I don't remember Death Wing being higher than 6-B, which Ridley is 6-B at his weakest, 5-B in most keys and at least Low 4-C as Omega Ridley. Rayquaza is also 5-B normally, but 3-B to High 3-A with Mega Evolution. But Ridley is also much faster than either of those proposals.

Also, Dark Samus would hax stomp Super Perfect Cell.

Even if Cell came back in Super to get a stat advantage he's not getting through DS' phazon immortality on top of his arrogance being his downfall since he always lets anyone weaker than him get a potshot. So literally one blast from her arm cannon means he's being corrupted.

Cell could theoretically win if he got Super scaling by just nuking Phaaze with Uni range; and him speedblitzing would make DS unable to do a lot.

The mu is bad anyway.

You do realize phazon also exists in alternate dimensions right? And he's not speedblitzing someone far faster than him right off the bat when he's always let people throw shots first because of the power gap.

Not to mention, being Low 2-C wouldn't even give him the power to bypass Mid-Godly regeneration or Spatial Intangibility. Plus, even if Cell returned as like a better Cell Max scaled from Beerus and Goku's attack speed feat; they aren't the types who would make use of that superior speed. And once again, it wouldn't bypass Mid-Godly regeneration or spatial intangibility. Phazon corruption is also something they wouldn't even predict or have any resistance to regardless of AP or speed.

You do realize phazon also exists in alternate dimensions right? And he's not speedblitzing someone far faster than him right off the bat when he's always let people throw shots first because of the power gap.
All the Phazon in the only known alternate dimension where Phazon existed was destroyed. But yeah ig there is a fair point about Cell’s arrogance.

Not to mention, being Low 2-C wouldn't even give him the power to bypass Mid-Godly regeneration or Spatial Intangibility. Plus, even if Cell returned as like a better Cell Max scaled from Beerus and Goku's attack speed feat; they aren't the types who would make use of that superior speed. And once again, it wouldn't bypass Mid-Godly regeneration or spatial intangibility. Phazon corruption is also something they wouldn't even predict or have any resistance to regardless of AP or speed.
Is the intangibility passive, it seems like DS has to activate it to not be hit (unless she’s always intangible). That and DS was killed when Phaaze was destroyed, thus destroying all Phazon in the universe, so DS would just be getting one-shot repeatedly and then regenerating with less and less Phazon to work with.

Transdimensional Flux causes enemies to exist across two parallel dimensions that requires a cross-dimensional range to hit both halves at the same time in order to hit.

Back