• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metroid Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theglassman12

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
There's a few abilities that should be added for some of the metroid characters.

Samus

1. Can harm intangible beings

When Samus explores the Ghost Ship in Super Metroid, and before she meets Phantoon, she runs into some ghosts throughout the ship, which she was able to destroy.

2. Homing Attack (via Annihilator beam)

The Annihilator Beam has been shown to home in on nearby targets, as explained here.

3. Can See invisible beings.

Her Thermal visor was able to help Samus fight the invisible Space Pirates, her X-Ray visor was able to help her see the Chozo Ghosts, who becomes invisible everytime they fly around. The Dark Visor helps her see invisible platforms and invisible beings, and the Echo Visor was able to help her see Dark Samus when she became invisible in the final fight.

4. Resistance to Absolute Zero.

In Metroid Prime Hunters, Samus was able to fight off Noxus, who's weapon is stated to be absolute zero in his profile, and she has shown to break out of his frozen shots in a few seconds.

SA-X

Should have all the new abilities that Samus has that isn't Luminoth/Phazon related since it has copied Samus's powers in the end of the timeline.

Dark Samus

Same as SA-X since it was able to not only steal the phazon suit, but part of Samus's DNA, which explains why she looks similar to Samus.

Luminoth

All the abilities that Samus has in Metroid Prime 2, like the Portal Creation/BFR; Space-Time Distortion, transform into light, Homing Attack, etc. since the abilities that Samus has gain in that game are mostly Luminoth tech.

Agree with most of them, however, Point 4 should be resistance to Nigh-Absolute Zero, SA-X should have specifically all the abilities she had in Other M and Dark Samus in MP1

Nigh-Absolute Zero? But it's stated on Noxus' profile that his ability is absolute zero.

I'm guessing that whoever made it forgot the nigh part (even the description of the ap said its approaching absolute zero)

I assumed harming intangible beings and soul manipulation are two different things.

I agree with this as well, except Ice Beam would be resistance to near Absolute Zero

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I agree with this as well, except Ice Beam would be resistance to near Absolute Zero
Uhhh, the ice beam is a weapon, not a character.

I meant Samus wouldn't have resistance to AZ, she'd have resistance to near AZ via Ice Beam and Judicator Beam.

For ghosts and spirits, it gives limited soul manipulation.

No, Glass is right. There's a difference. (Tbf, I only learned this within the past 24 hours)

Not all intangible beings are ghosts; take The Flash for example. However, Samus does fight ghosts so she can still harm intangible beings. Although, ghosts are souls without a body, so soul destruction maybe; I wouldn't quite call it soul manipulation. It's not like she controls souls telekinetically or something.

But no one said all intangible beings are ghosts...

Yeah, I just want to know if destroying ghosts or spirits counts as soul destruction.

Burning Full Fingers said:
But no one said all intangible beings are ghosts...
Yeah, I just want to know if destroying ghosts or spirits counts as soul destruction.
.... Wait, then should not all the characters from Bleach must have soul manipulation 0_0?

This things could just simply be a race of aliens that looks like ghost and are intangible, just like Ectonurites, so I don't in soul manipulatiom, being able to harm intagible beings seems far better.

He's trying to say that they're spirits. and she's fought Chozo ghosts before.

@New these are actual ghosts of dead chozo.

Though I do think "Can harm intangible beings" works better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back