• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metroid Prime 4: Depression

I know a Samus vs X thread was created a while ago but it turned into quite the cluster to say the least. It looks like Death Battle is going to make the characters they use composite so if Death Battle uses Composite X vs Composite Samus, that's a lot of variables at play. Also Phazon. One thing I'm unsure of between Samus and X is which is stronger, the Screw Attack or Nova Strike, or would they just cancel each other out if they hit each other with it (If in Metroid Fusion Samus and the SA-X hit each other with the Screw Attack it will be cancelled out and they will be dealt damage as well)? They are both similar in appearance and function and it's the one thing I'm not sure what do about.

X can kill bosses very effectively with the Nova Strike, but Samus can't hurt bosses with the Screw Attack, although that's most likely just game mechanics since the Screw Attack does so much damage bosses would die super fast. Going off of Super Metroid damage values (I couldn't find damage values for anything else), the Screw Attack is Samus' most powerful ability doing 2,000 damage per frame. The Ice/Wave/Plasma Beam does 300 damage per frame and the Hyper beam deals 1,000 damage: http://deanyd.net/sm/index.php?title=Damage. There's also the fact that in Samus & Joey, Joey's Field Wall couldn't protect against the Screw Attack despite blocking the Plasma Beam. Samus was also like "Never touch the Screw Attack, RUN FOR IT!!!"

If game mechanics are taken literally, it's Samus' afterimages from the Shinespark, Nicknamed Speed Echoes, are what give the most damage it seems.

Time to upgrade Samus to '''Immeasurable''' speed and give her Time travel as an ability. XD

>Speed Echoes

First Dark Samus' visor in Samus Returns, now an attack name? Samus seems to be milking Dark Samus for what she's worth. Makes you wonder who's the real copy.

Actually, she's being upgraded to Immeasurable by that logic, because her sheer speed is causing things that would normally cause time paradoxes, and she'd also have Type 3 Acausility in the process. XD

I know, but she her past selves sacrificing themselves to take out powerful enemies with her modern day self still being alive gives her type 1. And the fact that so many avatars act in her place warrants type 3. I'm just messing around if it weren't obvious

Okay, so @Hunter, looks like they got the order of the Megaman Battle Royal power level chain right. Furthermore, I'm actually amazed they gave Megaman.EXE the credit he deserves; even though the new speed feat might actually be wanked. But if it turns out the feat is legit, we might have found a second fastest Massively FTL+ character. And said character also happens to be Tier 2. P.S. The fastest non Infinite/Immeasurable/Irrelevant speed character is Lucifer Morningstar (DC Comics) of course.

I'm still flabbergasted by the fact that no one argued against the Dark Samus hax upgrade from a few months back.

I'm sorry but:

> 3-A Zelda

No.

> High 3-A Kirby

No.

> Universal hax Dark Samus

Okay.

Really weirds me out.

Either our proof is more concrete, or not many people don't care about Metroid.

You should've seen my face when the BB revisions went smoothly.

Can't wait for the 2-A Metroid upgrades where the biggest argument is if Metroid is still dead

Hmm can we do rumor talks here?

Not sure if you guys are interested so I'm asking first.

I don't mind rumor talk, if nothing else, "what ifs" are fun to talk about. The only rumors I remember is that the Prime Trilogy HD has supposedly been complete for a while and that there is totally another 2D Metroid game in the works that should release before the end of the century.

Ye, I was thinking of the same rumor (The latter, the former has been confirmed by IGN's chief editor apparently).

Makes you wonder tho, Fusion remake or sequel? And for the Switch?

Sakamoto turned down a Fusion remake so I don't think so. I'd like a Fusion sequel just to see Fusion look all pretty and with (most likely) 3D models. A Fusion remake could see the SA-X be better implemented since it's supposedly chasing you down the whole game, but almost never shows up and the AI is pretty exploitable. The big point I could have against a Fusion remake is potential Other M references since Adam is in some way present the entire time. Going off of vanilla Fusion's credits, even back then the game was sort of putting Adam on a pedestal even though he was just "A CO Samus had years ago and was totally not more of a father figure than Samus' bird dad."

In some ways I could see a Super Metroid remake to perhaps show how Samus Returns leads into Super Metroid considering the final boss of Samus Returns. That and Super Metroid doesn't have certain quality of life improvements like the Shinespark not draining health and being able to grab onto ledges. Although, Super Metroid is in the "Greatest Game Ever" category so a remake could be a touchy subject. Maybe. Nintendo is the master of unpredictability so who knows.

Something else I thought of. Why is the artstyle for the upcoming Link's Awakening remake perfectly acceptable while Federation Force is apparently the worst thing ever? Strange how quick opinions shift after 2 and a half years.

Well regardless, I'm hoping no remakes at all from the 2-D side. Seems like now is the best time to continue the timeline.

Well some people were also complaining about Link's Reawakening's art style. But I guess its because Metroid and Zelda have different fanbases?

I think context matters.

Metroid didn't have a game for many years and the last game that was made angered a lot of the fanbase - not myself though, I think I am the only person who likes Other M.

So to see a dumb spin-off series be the next Metroid games after years of silence on the topic made people really mad.

It is a similar situation to Banjo & Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts. Everyone was waiting for Banjo Threeie - and then Nuts and Bolts came out instead, and everyone hated it.

The last Zelda game before Link's Reawakening was Breath of the Wild only two years later. So it isn't really the same situation.

Honestly the people who tried to use Zelda or Mario as an example for how spinoffs aren't something to get mad over back when FF was announced didn't understand the whole context of what the metroid fandom had to sit through

Well, Metroid is a verse that mixes fantasy and sci-fi together; so 3-A hax isn't too stretchy; but 2-A or above Metroid would be assume if that happened yes. And yeah, Super Metroid and Fusion are already both excellent platformers, they don't really need remakes unlike the first two. And, SA-X's scariness factor may not translate fully in 2.5D; which would be a disappointment. Best not to mess with perfection. A sequel to Fusion would be epic yes.

Something that came to mind is that the backstory manga has its own hidden badass, Pyonchi. From what I can tell he wasn't augmented like Samus yet survived on Zebes while Samus was training just fine. Not to mention he gets around and has connections with the Chozo, Chairman Keaten and Samus. The ******* rabbit has people in high places. Also he did this: https://www.metroid-database.com/ol...2_en/ch_0014/scaled/sc_metroid_v02_ch0097.png. If Samus kept Pyonchi as a pet he'd be one hell of a guard dog if nothing else.

Back