• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metal Slug CRT: Revision Vehicle-001

SamanPatou

VS Battles
Administrator
So, for now this revision would affect only Marco, but it will extend to the other profiles I want to make.

Durability:

Currently Marco's durability is "Small Building level to Large Building level" because Can tank meteors which can destroy his spaceship and withstand large beams from the mothership that regularly vaporize humans. Survived atmospheric re-entry while falling onto water on a Metal Slug tank
And this is false for the following reasons:
Also, they don't really can have a "varies" durability, since they are glass cannons, and it is recognized even by the profile, which still puts them in the same tier as their AP.

The new durability should be Wall level, according to this calc (that has been accepted) and scaling from General Morden surviving the destruction of his tank. The General and the Heroes should be comparable. A higher or the "varies" can stay with the reason "When inside vehicles" or similar, since they can take more hits
The same calc serves to upgrade their Lifting Strength from Superhuman to Class 5, scaling from the Japanese Tank Soldier. Just as with the General, the Heroes should be more than comparable to a random soldier.

Abilities removal/replacement:
Profile reconfiguration:

The powers and abilities section should be splitted in multiple tabbers. The first for the abilities granted by the standard equipment, the second for optional weapons and vehicles (this also means that all the weapons but the handgun, the bombs and the knife should be moved from standard to optional equipment) and the third for the transformations. (those tabbers can be splitted in another tabbers, to divide weapons from vehicles and each transformation).

Removing the link to the Deviantart "respect thread" because it's a mess crossed with the mobile tower defense games and some feats are false because given without context and result of scaling without reason, like scaling Marco to a tower that is part of a way smaller robot that they destroyed or scaling from the explosions of enemies they killed by shooting them and that would've killed them anyway, like Lieu in Metal Slug 3D and the Invader King in Metal Slug 6.

Specifying in the weaknesses section that the transformations limit the weapons you can use and make you slower. The zombie form could have a higher durability, since nothing (infrantry, vehicles....) but other zombies and bossess can hurt you, but it might be game mechanics

Additions:

Last edited:
Thanks to both of you, now I will wait a bit more of time for other possible inputs.

There's also another thing that came to my mind, and I will also add it the OP.
When turned into zombies, mummies and monkey the civilians/soldiers lose their mind and becomes berserk monster or normal animals. The protagonist instead are still able to fight as normal (in the limit of their capacities in the new form) and carry on the mission.

Could this be a Resistance to Mind Manipulation? Or some other mind hax, I'm not really sure what is more suited.
Perhaps, that is more Biological Manipulation, though I'm still not sure.

Last edited:
I keep forgetting things that I should have added from the start, I hope this is the last one.
Super Devil should be added as a transformations, it only changes the normal way to attack, since the handgun fires tank shells instead of normal bullets and the character is followed by a Satellite that shoots bolts.
Unlike the other transformations, the super devil retains all the abilities of the standard form.
I also added this in the op

I made a draft of the updated profile, it includes everything that has been accepted until now (so no resistance to biological and no super devil).
I also added a justification for the stamina, an "higher with vechicles" in the durability section and mentioned the bosses in the ap.
Feel free to give me any input about it.
I will also add a gallery for weapons, companions and vehicles tomorrow or the next day.

Edit: I will also add an explanation for the transformations somewhere

I wanna note that for the context on the calculation, in Metal Slug 4, a bunch of missiles get launched at the Cargo Ship you are and you survive it

I know that feat, the reasons for which I don't think it should be considered is that we don't actually know how much of the explosion they take, in fact they stand on the only piece of boat that is still intact and not too damaged.
It could be a suggestion that they got saved by being in that specific point.
The boat is also stylized and thus smaller, like all the other vehicles in the game, so they might have been farther than the explosion itself.
It could even be an outlier, seeing how they constantly have to avoid stuff that isn't worth even half of that explosion, most (if not all) of the bosses and their attacks (I know how much this word is hated, din't kill me).
I mean, if they survive undamaged by that, they could just walk through all the games and tank everything the enemies throw at them.
All of this to say that the explosion is definitely High 8-C, but I don't think there are enough reasons to scale it from the protagonists, due to the reasons above.

Also, if you look at my sandboxe and notice all those wrong-sized images scattered here and there, pay no attention to them, I was making experiments with the coding, I will put them under a spoiler, to they don't make the page horrible.

They are literally slightly above the explosion in the clip and we even see Marco get effected by the explosion

Also them dying to much weaker things seems more like how the game is programmed (For example, in zombies, a zombie can 2 shot you yet in the cutscenes, it's show that the players can physically one shot them and overpower them)

Well, on one side we have something like 9 canon games that programmed to portray the characters as human soldiers that need to pay attention to the surroundings and avoid projectiles because almost everyhing can kill them, with it being a fundamental part of the game.
On the other side, we have one instance in one game that shows them being much more durable than what every single enemy in the series can throw at them, bossess included. They also weren't hit by the totality of the explosion and the part of the boat on which they stand on is almost totally intact.
In MS 3D, that have actual cutscenes, they still prefer to avoid combat or not being noticed by great amount of soldiers (Like those in Morden's castle) which makes sense in the context of the series, while it doesn't if we consider them able to get out unfazed by those missiles that destroyed the ship.

What do you mean with zombies and cutscenes? You mean the zombies in MS 3 and 4?

Last edited:
If you are referring to zombies with "On the other side, we have one instance in one game that shows them being much more durable than what every single enemy in the series can throw at them, bossess included." that's not true at all when you get one shotted by most of the bosses without amps and they are still stronger then you in lore

Also I'm okay with High 8-C not being added but it seems really strange that we would give them that level of AP

I was referring to that scene of MS4 when I said other game, I don't know what you mean with zombies.

Durability isn't always directly related to AP, especially if they get that rating through weapons and not their physical bodies (that's why their ap is "varies")
They wouldn't even be the only glass cannons in the wiki.
I mean, a real soldier with real weapons would theoretically have the same "varies" ap or higher than 9-C anyway, but it still remains as durable as any other human being.

"I was referring to that scene of MS4 when I said other game, I don't know what you mean with zombies."

K I thought you were constarting both of the games for a second, mb

Also with weapons, it seems really weird to try to put a average gun above 9-C

It was just a way to express the concept, even a human with a bazooka, a grenade launcher or what would still have an higher ap but a lower durability.
Even using a gun they would still be on a higher 9-C level than any other 9-C human on Earth.

Also, apologies if I seemed rude or upset, I just tend to go all out and people might misinterpret my behaviour, sorry if it was the case.
And also thank you for your replies and opinions!
And when you have time feel free to look at all the proposals in the op and express possible doubts!

My draft is ready, it misses only the resistance and the super devil, for which Im waiting further opinions, but wouldn't change much.
Tell me what you think.

The High 8-C feat needs to be moved to a blog before it can be accepted. I'm a little iffy about the High 8-C durability feat also looking at the video. It could be interpreted that he dodged most of the blast. And even if he was hit by the edge of it, inverse square law is an important factor.

Looking at the draft, striking strength is basically how strong your punches and kicks are, why are they assumed to be so much higher than durability of that Marco character? If tiers come from fire arms, then it doesn't scale to striking strength. And durability does have to be at least as strong as striking strength given Newton's Third Law.

I think that striking comes from firearms, yes, it was already there before. I
think it can be adjusted to 9-C or 9-B, since he can kill a soldier with a kick.

And what about limited resistance to biological due to resisting the effect that becoming a zombie, mummy and monkey has on the mind?
There's also the super devil model which is basically a transformation that upgrades your handgun to make it fire cannon shells.
Those two things have still to be accepted by someone.

I suppose that proposal for strikes seems fine, but that looks more like resistance to transmutation for the zombie, mummy, monkey examples. Firing cannonballs out of a hand gun via a devil transformation would seem like some kind of magic enhancement; but not sure if it's transmutation or something.

So, 9-B may be the best choice, following the oneshotting kick and the durability.
I wasn't sure on what type of resistance it would be, because the zombie and monkey forms are caused by scientific stuff (an alien thing, a liquid made by another army and a de-evolution serum) while the mummy is due some sort of gas the other mummies spit at you.
They also actually become zombies etc..., they just keep their mind, but it can still be "limited" for that reason.
The Super Devil in-game is explained as a demon that possesses the heroes to help them fighting the rebels, in can fall under statistics amplification and magic. It also gives you an everlasting mobile satellite, somehow.

I suppose resistance to Biology manipulation seems okay. And the Super Devil thing seems like transformation, statistics amplification, and magic. There exists a state of being ability called blessed, but it's going to sound like a fairly ironic example of one.

Blessed is cool as an idea, ngl.
Well, everything seems to be accepted and uncontroversial, should I proceed with the updates?
Also, should their striking strength be 9-B or 9-C? They can kill soldiers with a single kick and it deals more damage than the handgun, which can destroy small robots in a couple of hits, and the kicks can't destroy vehicles (multiple handgun shots does, but I guess is due to piercing damage and game mechanics).
Is it enough for 9-B?

Last edited:
Ok then, thank you
Seeing that you requested Antvasima to change Evil Spirit Incarnate's name to his official one back then, maybe we would finalize this by asking for changing a profile's name to Marco Rossi? (and likely Ralf getting a separate profile for his Metal Slug incarnation in future)

Last edited:
Back