• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SamanPatou

VS Battles
Administrator
Currently, the standard AP of the characters goes from 9-A to High 8-C, scaling from the destruction of tanks, but this doesn't work anymore for the following reasons.

• The calc assumed immediate and complete destruction of the tanks, but all of them require at least two hits, and don't get annihilated, instead the animations show them collapsing and then exploding.
  • The calc uses a M1 Abrams as reference, while most of the vehicles in the series are inspired by models used in WWII; only bosses and a few vehicles are inspired by either modern or futuristic machines, but none is either based on an M1 Abrams or can be destroyed with so little hits.
  • Enemies and such are heavily influenced by game mechanics, making it so that cars and iron shields can withstand more damage than tanks or submarines depending on the situation. This is spread everywhere, a further example are small helicopters being sturdier than large tanks. The most leniency can be given to bosses, which are visually and conceptually meant to be far above common troops.
To have a general idea on how the damage output differs between weapons, you can take a look at this article.

My proposal is to instead use this feat, which would make them vary between 0.0300 tons (Small Building level) and 0.00330 (Wall level).
The reasons are as follows:
  • Although still subject to "life points", this interaction with the environment is basically unique throughout the franchise (iirc there are more only in the previous game and in the same level), greatly reducing the inconsistencies or straigth up making them zero if you count it as an upgrade (given that MS X follows 1).
  • It's still something the characters can achieve and is consistent with them making short work of the aforementioned vehicles and bosses, since they get stormed by absnormally strong rounds.
  • It's also kinda consistent with the general depiction of the the verse, being more a fight against "generic" war machinesm with the largest requiring many more hits, which better fits a range of 9-B/A instead of 9-A and High 8-C.
  • It's coincidentally consistent with other calcs currently in use, as it surpasses the durability of the main characters while remaining below the self-destruction of the Metal Slug, which is considered a trump card of particular strength both in gameplay and canon (see the video linked in the blog for the latter).

The new ratings would be distributed in a way to have varies AP for characters, civilizations, vehicles and bosses, while the latter two would get full 9-A dura due to being able to tank several rounds of even the strongest weapons (examples being grenades, shotgun and flamethrower) which dwarf the handgun in power.

@Elizhaa @Tonygameman @DaReaperMan @Veloxt1r0kore

I'm summoning ya'll once again because I realized there's something more I have to address. I will elaborate it here, then add it to the op.

Striking Strength of the MCs

Currently they are 9-B out of their melee attacks being stronger than single shots of the handgun. While correct, gameplay speaking, I think it shouldn't be accounted out of the sheer fact that, despite the numbers checking out, melee attacks are only meant to work on infantries and is in fact impossible to destroy even the weakest vehicle with kicks and knife alone, while the handgun can perfectly clear the entire game given enough shots.

That said, they should be "at least 9-C" out of them needing a single kick to kill professional soldiers, while a swing of their standard knife literally tears enemies to shreds.

I guess this rating seems fine.

Edit: Looking back from Chariot's point and the evidence, the knife feat looks to be 9-B, so 9-B seems feasible.

Last edited:
That knife swing is 9-B, pulverizing a human was about that last I checked (it looks like they explode into a blood spray?), Even then damage of that caliber is def 9-B (blowing to pieces), even if not very high.

Give me time to finish breakfast

Anyway yes, it works, it's just a matter of changing justification then.

The CRT seems fine to. It is always not an easy task to deal with verses with many works including canon, semi-canon and non-canon works. Thank you for your contribution.

On an unrelated note, KoF is somewhat like SNK's MultiVersus.

The CRT seems fine to. It is always not an easy task to deal with verses with many works including canon, semi-canon and non-canon works. Thank you for your contribution.
Yes, since the time I overhauled the verse, I always followed SNK "canon" line on the official MS Website, with the addition of the seventh game that came after.
Unfortunately the franchise has been corrupted and now survives through gatchas.

On an unrelated note, KoF is somewhat like SNK's MultiVersus.
Or rather SNK's Smash

Yes, since the time I overhauled the verse, I always followed SNK "canon" line on the official MS Website
I hope it has archives in archive websites since the website seems old, but it is really useful since there are many Arcade video games which do not even have such websites.
Unfortunately the franchise has been corrupted and now survives through gatchas.
I totally agree with this. And I feel that great level of cautious attitude should be taken when analyzing such gatchas games of such video game series. They tend to simple make poor remakes and/or messing up the whole setting with semi-canon or even fanon content.

I totally agree with this. And I feel that great level of cautious attitude should be taken when analyzing such gatchas games of such video game series. They tend to simple make poor remakes and/or messing up the whole setting with semi-canon or even fanon content.
Unless its Fate/Grand Order. Then it's an actual good game with a good story.

They tend to simple make poor remakes and/or messing up the whole setting with semi-canon or even fanon content.
Which is what these ones do, they throw together everything they can fish or make up in a collection of loose quests.
They don't really fit in any part of the story, and are your classic what if "everyone + someone else" is here for the sake of the game system.

Back