• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Meta narrative and Plot Manipulation for Ben 10

Yeah this retcon stuff doesn’t tell me much on plot hax, this is just the writers themselves changing their own lore rather than Alien X changing the plot itself. Unless you got very explicit statements that they literally have full control over the plot like Protago Nick from Rick and Morty where he can quite literally change who’s the main character of the show at will, I’m not seeing it.

Since they use Celestialsapiens as a justification for the same changes, why would you assume that the ability would change?
Let's say Vilgax figures are no longer sold, and writers decided to remove Vilgax from the series. They wrote a script Dr. Animo kills Vilgax.

•Who wants to remove Vilgax from the series? Writers.
•What is the reason the writers came up with to remove Vilgax from the series? Dr. Animo kills Vilgax.

Now, by your logic, Dr. Animo should have plot manipulation as a character that writers use to make whatever changes they want to the series?

I'm just asking.

Yeah this doesn’t really read to me like plot manip and more like just reality warping and causality manip from the celestialsapiens being used as an in universe explanation for retcons, not them being able to change the plot. Disagree for me

Back