• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Meruem fight against Killua (but much stronger)

Not true. A grazing hit might mean something like a hit which was deflected, or something which just slided through his skin. Five times is indeed a huge difference, but it's not so much that a graze could be debilitating. It would be painful, would rip the skin, but shouldn't stop Meruem from fighting. A person filled with adrenaline would barely bleed from that and would be able to ignore the pain.

I believe that Meruem fighting Ran like this is somewhat akin to Gon fighting while in Zetsu in his first fight in Floor 200 of the celestial tower. Any blow to a vital spot will kill, any blow that doesn't hit a vital spot but hits directly will still break a bone. A graze will be much more severe than it should be, but not debilitating. That would be a direct hit to an arm which Meruem does not defend through Ko or something like a 90/10 Gyo.

Perhaps, but a graze will likely send sparks flying throughout his body, which would most assuredly debilitate him at least momentarily. Not that it would stop Meruem from fighting, but that it might slow him down a bit. But I see and understand the analogy, though I'm still siding with inconclusive here. Five minutes, while very brief, isn't so brief that it would be a trifle for Meruem to avoid everything Ran can throw at him. It's plausible that he'll be hit at least once due to the speed difference. And, as in your example, any attack that would ordinarily break a bone, would be lethal to Meruem. But the time is also short enough that Meruem might be able to play keep away long enough, even with Ran being a spear bearer. I can still see this going in either direction.

Meruem has enough pain tolerance to rip and crush his arm without flinching. I don't think the pain from a mighty graze would kill Meruem.

And yes, it would be a trifle. It would be extremely difficult, but because Meruem is such an extraordinary combat genius, such an insanely skilled man at battle and foresight that he can read the movements and flaws of someone who has no biases but only the best movements, he should be able to keeep Ran at bay for at least that long. I don't think five minutes will be enough for him to no longer be able to make it, but it will be an intense fight wherein a single mistake would mean his death.

Can't Meruem just overwhelm Ran before he has a chance to use Redan? And considering Redan isn't Koon first move Meruem probably has enough time to adapt and fight a defensive battle to stall 5 minutes.

And, zetsu doesn't make you invisible, just makes you harder to be noticed(people could still see gon when he used it in heavens arena).

Zetsu just restrains your aura, which makes you undetectable by aura users, but still visible by the 5 other senses.

Zetsu doesn't make you invisible, but In makes your aura invisible. Extrasensory perception will also be nulled by Zetsu or In.

And yeah, if Meruem overwhelms Ran at the beginning, he has a good chance of one-hitting, which reduces the difficulty.

Back