• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Meruem fight against Killua (but much stronger)

This is High 7-C Meruem and Ran with Redan, I suppose.

This guy doesn't have any of Baam's great anti-range weaponry that were the black hole stuff, or the close combat counters to Meruem's ridiculous levels of skill (he was pummeling world martial arts champions and hunters since birth and Netero battle's Meruem is so better it's incomparable), so what does Ran have to compare? Even without absorption, if Meruem deploys an En, that's a level of extrasensory perception that a sixth sense can hardly reach. If Meruem uses In on his ranged nen techniques, there might be nothing Ran can do to sense them. If Meruem zetsus or ins himself, how can Ran feel him?

Ran's power does however scale to around 450 kilotons, while Meruem's is due to powerscaling and thus assumed as baseline. So that's nearly an AP stomp, but... in the AP thread I've already explained how Meruem's level of skill and intelligence is so immense he could be able to exploit minor breaches in defense for extreme maximization of damage (through Ko and other means), so that damage is going to slowly (or possibly rather quickly) build up until Ran can't fight any longer. Meruem's stamina being higher aids that: Ran isn't going to get a third of the amount of hits Meruem gives and Meruem can tank a lot more damage than Ran can.

You did say that Meruem's strategy mostly works by maximizing an advantage he has (basically using advantages to counter an opponent's counter to them), and in this case I'd say he has a massive advantage of skill due to not being nearly as biased or predictable as Ran in his fighting style, even if Ran is nearly gifted.

If in this case of the range, Ran can override all Meren's Nen techniques using his pure AP to reflect the attacks or his own durability to easily withstand these attacks because of the 4.7X difference and Ran when using Redan as his speed increases at least 3X or Ran can become 3X faster than Meruem and Ran can use Shinsoo with Redan to further increase speed, Ran's extrasensory perception is comparable to Baam's who can feel or see invisible things so I guess that both are comparable in that requirement, Ran can use his storms so Meruem can not locate him, and be able to disrupt Meruem's sight (although this is more effective in closed places)

How is Meruem's resistance greater than Ran's? Ran can fight normally even with his whole bloody body and is comparable to characters who can fight normally after losing a part of the body and who can fight for 1 month. Meruem could only have time to predict Netero's attack patterns because Meruem was faster and more durable than Netero, and Meruem was fighting a 7-C that was weaker than him, so he could see Netero's standard of attack to be able to defeat him with time, but in this case he is fighting someone with 4.7X more AP than him, so that he may have fatal wounds with each blow of Ran, and he can reinforce his attacks with Shinsoo to become even stronger, and it will also be difficult for Meruem to deal damage to Ran without being gradually, for Meruem will be attempting to deal damage to someone with a durability of 476 Kiloton while Meruem AP is only 100 Kilotons.

Ran is almost comparable to Baam in CQC, but I think even though Meruem outnumbers him in this area.

Just to warn the Redan lasts 5 minutes.

How does he reflect the attack? I didn't see Attack Reflection on his page.

If Redan lasts for 5 minutes, I suppose that Meruem has a ridiculous stamina advantage. But yeah, you're right that endurance might be a different story.

Also, if you equalized the speed just so Ran can speedblitz, that's pretty crazy as the battle would begin as a stomp but you're exploiting the range so Ran not only has a way greater AP, but speedblitzes temporarily, pushing Meruem into the defensive.

I suppose Ran will fight defensively for five minutes, then pummel Ran to the ground and assr*pe him there and Ran won't be able to do anything anymore. High-diff, though.

Also, feeling invisible things is different from feeling things that can't be sensed, which is where In shines. I don't think their extrasensory perception will be able to catch an unexpected In attack.

And Baam's greatest trick in that fight was that he could copy Meruem's fighting style rather well, or he'd have taken a beating and you know that. Being comparable to "Base Baam" doesn't mean anything when Meruem is that guy who makes geniuses from all areas look stupid and unskilled.

I was actually talking about Ran using his punches and kicks to bypass Meruem Nen techniques, as some of Dragon Ball characters do, use pure AP to reflect energy attacks using punches or kicks.

In fact on the extrasensory perception, Ran can still feel and realize the innuendo attacks of Meruem, I tinah forgotten that he could perceive invisible things with his extrasensory perception.

What? It was not necessary for Baam to go to the CQC to defeat Meruem, it was only necessary for him to use his Shinsoo techniques to end Meruem, and do you really think Baam would take a Meruem beating with AP, durability, versatility, and stamina greater than Meruem? The only thing that Meruem has to attack Baam is to be smarter and how would Meruem fight the Mid-Low Regenerationn of Baam and the same being 2X stronger than Meruem? Meruem is only a genius in CQC in that Baam would not take the risk and use spam from his Shinsoo techniques to defeat him.

Actually, Meruem is a genius everywhere if the Chimera Ants arc has shown you anything. He can learn anything ridiculously fast and when he fought Netero he was applying knowledge from a game to a fight. What stops him from doing that to other fighting types except CQC? Literally nothing. He can also learn from anyone's fighting style at a rate that puts a human child's learning capacity to shame. Mid-Low Regenerationn may not be a threat unless it's really fast, but then again, there's this thing where two fist fighters punch each other out and eventually a concussion happens. When that happens, multiple following impacts have an each time greater chance of killing the target. There are also all the ways I mentioned of Meruem compensating these differences.

Yeah, overall it's not like Meruem gets stomped. At all. By any of them. In any regard. Especially here, against someone way less versatile than Baam.

How does that extrasensory perception work? Because I still don't see it going through In no matter how much "it senses invisible (two different formattings for two different things) things" you put into it. You kinda didn't justify how it can do that, either. Meruem can feel even a tree's leaf grazing his En lightly, and feel all of its volume like a touch through his skin.

What does it perceive, though? Some sort of life energy? Or matter itself? If matter itself, In still hides, but Meruem can't hide himself. If life energy, Meruem can just In himself out of being perceivable through that sixth sense.

I'm much more leaning towards Meruem here, high diff. I only have one issue.

It's the AP advantage coupled with the speed advantage. If Ran is almost four times stronger, and can increase his speed to become three times as fast, can't he just one or two shot? Sure, Ran is no wave controller, but he can hurl his spears of lightning ridiculously fast compared to Meruem. Would he be able to dodge it if they were just a dozen or so meter apart? I'm geninuely not sure.

If Meruem can avoid being one or two shot, he should easily be able to last five minutes before just beating on an exhausted Ran. His insane intelligence would help him do so. Yet I find it almost equally plausible that the large speed and AP advantage would allow Ran to get in at least one lethal attack. I'm going to go inconclusive here.

I was meaning, that he could feel invisible things. Sorry if you could not understand. : (

Do you think Ran's storms could be effective in this match? Since he at Base was able to make a small storm in a room, then his Redan version could make it even better.

Doubtful honestly. It would also be likely to reduce his time, as producing such a thing takes a good deal of energy. Seeing as how he hasn't done so when using Redan before, it seems unlikely that he'll do so now.

Um, I know he could feel invisible things. But In doesn't simply make Aura invisible. It is a technique to hide it. Without Gyo, you also can't sense it. This would allow Meruem to set defenses and traps that Ran can't really deal with.

But yeah, the speed advantage is amazing. I feel like Meruem would see he's faster than him and if he had any tip about the power he would immediately back off and start trying the best of his mobility tricks (and he's pretty good at flowmotion and wall jumping) to get away from Ran's attacks. If he isn't at close range and keeps tricking Ran (which he can), I think he can last the five minutes without taking more than one or two blows which he has a good chance of defending or at least minimizing through Gyo or Ko.

Wow, so enough to one shot.

I think I agree with Mand here. Thinking about it earlier, Ran has no element of surprise here, he's at maximum strength. I think he would find it a bit hard to land a hit on Meruem who's likely to keep his distance as he knows he shouldn't be able to hurt him.

Still, that speed bugs me, and despite agreeing with Mand that Meruem's intelligence would tell him much, if the speed advantage truly is 3x, then I'll remain inconclusive.

However, if it's less than that then I'll give it to Meruem high diff, for Mand's reasoning. Does the word "several" count as 3x bare minimum? Is that a wiki thing?

I remember CinCameron talking about that the minimum for a multiplier several times is 3X, so I used the same principle with Redan, since Cin is a more reliable members and with knowledge that has in this wiki.

Well, I put on the Thread that both are in character but that they can use any methods to win, would Ran use his Shinsoo storms on a larger scale now since his base was able to create small storms?

My favorite position is the Wave Controllers because they seem to be people who can act at the same time in the position of Fisherman, and who can fight so much in short or long distance.

I don't know what the wave controllers are tbh. Also, even if Ran can one-shot, isn't there quite a big chance Meruem will be able to react just enough to, say, sacrifice an arm fully enveloped with a high-end Gyo just to parry the attack without damaging more of the body? Gyo could ultimately save his life quite a lot. There are also possibilities such as deflecting an attack instead of blocking it.

The reason why Meruem might be able not to get blitzed at close range is his ability to read through another one's patterns and predict them with ludicrous precision, so him surviving these five minutes even after Ran closes the gap between them is not unlikely. Just an extremely hard task akin to how Netero survived Meruem himself.

@Teon

Do not forget that Ran can make mirangens using his clouds to form bodies equal to his own that made of clouds, and now I put on bloodlust, so Ran can use his storm of nuvers, and also his lightning storms do not need the effort he did it casually and its Redan form must be able to make storms on a larger scale.

Enryu, putting characters in situations that maximize advantage for a character which is already on nigh-stomp range is called a spite thread. I'd recommend you tone down on how many situational advantages and tweaks on the SBA you're adding so that Ran, a character which is already more powerful in sheer brute force, has even greater advantages than he already has.

Battles are supposed to be interesting, impartial discussions where we see who would win. You can't make a battle that forces or puts weight towards a result. Things such as tweaks on the SBA are mostly used to make a battle more interesting or to allow a match-up that would otherwise be a stomp. And you're doing the opposite by pushing this battle towards becoming a stomp.

I ask you to take out the alterations on state of mind of the characters, as they're clearly intended to create a stomp/spite of this thread due to adding obstacles to a character that is already supposed to win by a hair's breadth. Even though I don't know if this would be enough to totally turn the tables around, it's still a bad thing.

No problem. And sorry if I ended up seeming rude or too harsh, lol. I just kinda saw this "ok bloodlusting so he'll use the technique I want him to use" and felt like it was too much.

Main reason I'm going inconclusive is that the difference in speed between Meruem and Netero, is less than the difference in speed between Meruem and Ran, not to mention that Ran has more range with his spear based attacks. I geninuely don't know if Meruem's intelligence will be enough to prevent him from being one shot in those five minutes, hence the inconclusive vote.

I disagree. Even a grazing hit with this AP gap would hinder his movement, making it even more likely for him to get one shot. I'm genuinely unsure which is more likely.

Back