• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Melissa gets in over her head (this is not a pun she is surrounded by zombies and drawbridges)

DMUA

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
For the title alone and the fact this match can actually be argued for a lot of reasons, I really felt like I should make this

The battle is an open field with some trees and many forts equipped with a Dwarven Atom Smasher are scattered across the battlefield, starting 50 meters away

Jack Ablendan is observing the battle and can use comms to give Melissa tactical input (He's not participating in the battle maybe because this is a training exercise and more importantly, carpet bombing the guy with 8-A attacks would end this match exceedingly quickly)

They are 100 meters away from each other

Speed Equalized

It begiiinnnssss

Melissa Demore:

It's Dwarfin' Time:

Inconclusive: 3

Last edited:
At 100 meters away she's far enough away that the vapors or the dust can't get to her, but the spells can. I assume she can respond pretty decently against stuff like forcing nausea, necrosis or blisters (the latter two Dwarf McDorf doesn't have complete control over where the wounds will spawn, but given his precog, experience and divine luck, hitting internal organs is pretty likely)

Yeah, she does naturally resist Urano effects like that and she can soul link with Mastadon for regeneration to recover (on top of her pain tolerance in that form being enough that being impaled with a saw took a lower priority to address compared to just hugging someone after she went sheer anger)

His skill is definitely something but at this range and with Melissa's AOE (92 meters off of just a casual sound grenade, not to mention however far her screams can extend) would make it impossible for them to really avoid taking damage if they continue playing the range game

Granted I feel the fight wouldn't stay a range game due to their mutual inability to do that much to eachother, so distance would have to be closed at some point. He's obviously a ton more skilled, and though Jack is definitely a master in his own right, there's an upper limit to how much he can teach on the fly. It'd probably boil down to Melissa spamming screams and scream grenades and blowing away the bioweapons he's spouting as they try to approach her

He probably would try to force her to fight at close range anyway, outside of his throwing being pretty nuts (just chucking coins at her), his aim is literally perfect, and with Adamantine bows+Adamantine arrows they hit just as hard as he does (and are just as sharp as his sword). Sound and shockwaves don't really do much since he doesn't need his ears to hear and organ damage is meaningless, and even then his regen acts pretty fast.

You mean force them into long range, yeah

The arrows probably won't do much since she is probably strong enough to genuinely damage adamantine (or at the very least mess with the arrow's trajectory via screaming or throwing a sound grenade to the side of one)

She does also have Star Board, which... Isn't on the page (amidst a few things, like the paralysis resistance I mentioned on Discord) but it does allow her to increase her movement speed by a bit, which would help even the gap since Dwarfin' time can't amplify their speed and just flies around, so she could actually force a closer range engagement when it comes down to it

The main thing is that the precog means there is no universe where a fair fight results in her winning, so she'd have to slowly try AOE denial and similar tactics to leverage the fight so that it's strictly impossible for them to avoid damage that may genuinely work

Soul linking with/just deploying Laurence could let her cover the place with Magma, though this wouldn't do much but slightly slow him down due to the extreme heat resistance of their armor

In general it may come down to summoning animals to surround them (which she could easily get reluctant with since they're very much at the risk of death in this situation)

Soul linking with/just deploying Laurence could let her cover the place with Magma, though this wouldn't do much but slightly slow him down due to the extreme heat resistance of their armor
Magma is probably not a good idea lol one of the main materials used in dwarfen engeneering is magma, meaning he has thousands of years of experience with (and he can run on magma anyway).

In the end I probably give it to Dwarf, in close range he's way too ridiculous, is constantly creating Undead to surround her, and is constantly summoning self-summoning enemies who summon more fodder that can become Undead. Even with AoE denial, she has to play a way longer game than he can in order to win.

Yeah she'd probably have to ditch the magma almost immediately after that idea comes to fruition (which her screams should be able to do but) and resort to normal burning via Jean (another thing to be added to the page after this match is done but they breathe fire and fly, that's kinda it)

I guess at some point he just does have a ton of stuff that Melissa can mostly mitigate more than properly deal with (outdo precog via attacks that are just impossible to fully dodge or block, self amp in the case of them releasing so many undead that she'd be properly overwhelmed) but I will say her stamina would probably last long enough to make it an at least somewhat close match. Silver manifests based off of sheer willpower and someone like Michael Ellend (who could just power straight through repeatedly incinerating his body via spamming radiant cataclysm until he was just his Wraith form) can't manifest it, and I remember it being stated that Melissa was special even amidst them because she can use it basically whenever she wants

Though on the other hand I did notice Weapon Mastery notes how they can somehow block AOE attacks and I am kinda curious on what exactly the details are on that

Oh yeah, using shields they can somehow block Dragonfire, which is fire 22222 degrees C hot that comes out in a conical shape 40 meters foward and 20 meters wide. He can also block demons exploding upon death, which completely engulfs people.

Not really, they resist power null and their magic is more for offensive spells anyway, physicals is purely gymmaxing.

Oh yeah, using shields they can somehow block Dragonfire, which is fire 22222 degrees C hot that comes out in a conical shape 40 meters foward and 20 meters wide. He can also block demons exploding upon death, which completely engulfs people.
With like, a tower shield this sounds at least somewhat viable

I feel it done with less than a tower shield

This is the shield in question.

Round-Hand-held-Shield-Security-Patrol-Equipment-Tactical-Self-Protection-Aluminium-Alloy-Shield-Training.jpg_Q90.jpg_.webp

Wild

Granted that's still putting his arm inbetween him and Melissa, which he can't regenerate if it gets totally destroyed, but given their level of skill and general intelligence they'd probably just never try it (blocking a vibration that hits for about twice your dura and can be amplified further isn't going to work out well)

Also, didn't bring up the thing with the summons, but Melissa also scales up a ton in those conditions, since her Power Aura and War Cry scale to the overall odds against her, not necessarily proportionally to the strongest thing she's fighting, so that might just be another way they'll amp (alongside the fact they have more than enough AOE to deal with a ton of them at once), so it could very easily turn into a situation where she can cripple them by hitting their body even a little bit with a sonic grenade/general scream

Ah. Well, he'd try to get his thralls away in that case, given precog and intelligence and general skill and such.

A lot of the things in Melissa's kit negate the Adventurer's advantages, making the fight mostly boil down to they'll be able to use their skills to outlast the former before Melissa uses Soul Link or amps to the point that an indirect hit would destroy their opponent's limbs, which they can't actually regenerate

Honestly I'd argue even melee could go incredibly wrong for him, considering how her amps work

For one thing she can withstand her own blasts far better than he can (and Champions have a ton more resistance to their own Aetheric element type, to the point Jack Ablendan for instance has repeatedly used light explosions to jettison himself across the place) so the general AOE thing does still apply

Granted when they get a solid grab on her and get to the right position, they probably could still try to choke her out or stab with an adamantine blade in a way she can't quite counter via just amping herself to match his lifting strength, but considering his precog revolves entirely around his sheer skill in reading people's movements, it might be up in the air if he can even tell she's going to break out a supernatural aura to suddenly demolish his submission hold and counterattack

Reminder that since this is including all the possible powers you can get in DF, the Adventurer actually has like, 8 limbs he uses for attacks as well as many other methods of grappling, like with a tail or some such (does VSBW have a power for like, multi limbing anyway).

And even if she does use the aura attacks idk if it is enough to break the grip or even put him on the ropes anyway, his dura is actually higher than his AP and he doesn't need connections, like nerves, tendons or even his arm connected to the body to keep moving his limbs. Can she really hit him hard enough to completely pulverize him?

I don't remember, I feel like that's a thing in Natural Weaponry already but

She probably can't pulverize in a single blow, but Soul Linking does allow her to go 20x higher than his durability, and her being enraged did let her beat and burn someone with Mid-High into a carbonized stain

Granted if they do have that many limbs to take care of that's definitely a complication

Oh yeah you can vote on your own threads on this site

Inconclusive so you can add it tomorrow

Back