• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Oh.... Still... Via roaring ? I still think Link may have the AP advantage here.

Side question..... Where was the thread that upgraded them to High 6-B ? Not saying I disagree , but I just want to see it personally.

Hmm... I see. Anyways, I am unsure who wins here. I believe Link may have the AP advantage, but that doesn't count much in terms of fight. I'll just wait patiently for a few debaters who knows both characters before coming up with a sound conclusion.

7DS's High 6-B is 187 Teratons iirc. Argorok is 288 via roaring, but Link shouldn't be much higher than this, meaning that the AP difference isn't even 2x.

Also, Link vs Escanor would have been far better ovo.

Okay, so Link's advantages are:

Higher AP and dura

Can potentially one-shot with Light Arrows (particularly effective against demons)

Basically invisibility

If speed amps are allowed, Link has 2x speed advantage.

Meliodas's:

Regenerationn

Flight

Higher experience and skill.

Against demons Link is most likely going to use Light Arrows (given his experience against Ganondorf), which could screw up Meliodas if they hit. Even if Full counter can reflect that, Link can just reflect it back with mirror shield, which can also reflect Meliodas's magic, and the perception manipulation of the stone mask is going to be useful here.

Also, even if the Light Arrows speed is equalized, it's still going 4x times Meliodas's (and Link's) reaction speed

Meliodas can regen, but Link should be capable of eventually hitting his hearts (and he's probably not going to trust Meliodas's playing dead as he'd fear him transforming into Hawk ovo).

Flight is good, but it's just going to make more likely to Link to hit him with arrows, or transforming into a giant.

Overall, I'd give it to Link via Light Arrows, stone mask, higher speed for him and his arrows, and the possibility to lolnope full counter with mirror shield.

Few points:

• Light Arrows aren't really going to have their "super-effective against NNT Demons" boost due to Meliodas scaling significantly above 368 teratons. The Archangels are more powerful than the Ten Commandments but even their holy attacks were being tanked without much trouble, so Link would need a significant AP advantage for that to come into play, which he doesn't seem to have. Also due to the AP advantage, I'm not sure Link will be able to hit Meliodas' hearts so easily. His darkness, which he uses as clothes in his peak form, cover much of his torso (where his hearts are) and enhances his durability like armor.
  • Other than that, I'm not sure how effective stone mask will be either. Meliodas has good enough sensing to detect energy from hundreds of miles away and he's dealt with an invisible opponent using sensing before, even while protecting Elizabeth.
I'll vote for Meliodas for the following:

- I'm inclined to give Mel the AP and durability advantage. While Link scales higher than 288 teratons since Argorok did that by roaring while severely weakened, Meliodas also scales much higher than 368 teratons for curbstomping late-morning Escanor, who's significantly more powerful than Tarmiel who performed the 368 teraton feat casually.

- It'll be difficult for Link to do real severe damage and to land his Light Arrows. Once Mel's Full Counter gets reflected by Link, he'll more than likely switch to Counter Vanish, and he can make Lostvayne clones to constantly use Counter Vanish around him while he focuses more on attacking. In addition, the enhanced durability from his darkness will make it more difficult for the arrows that do land to pierce him, and unless Link just happens to hit a heart, Mel's just gonna heal up. Link won't really be able to force him to run out of regen quickly either, since high-level demons can casually regen decapitation and bisection no problem.

- Meliodas has flight and has massive ranged and AoE darkness and Hellblaze attacks. If Link gets hit with a Hellblaze attack, he won't be able to put out the fire normally and it will continually whittle down his health.

- Mask of Truth shouldn't work since Meliodas completely resisted Drole's Magical Eye.

- Stone Mask shouldn't be too effective with Mel's extreme energy sensing and prior experience fighting an invisible opponent.

- Giant's Mask will be just like fighting Drole again. Just a big target for Hellblaze.

- Meliodas has superior fighting experience and skill.

- Link's main advantage is probably the speed of his Light Arrows, but like I said above it'll be difficult for them to pierce through in the first place, and Link will have a hard time aiming while trying to avoid Mel's long-range and huge AoE attacks, or dealing with Mel's close combat skill. Clones can also be used to confuse his aim.

All in all, I see Meliodas having many more advantages than disadvantages that I don't see Link overcoming to win the battle.

Mel FRA but if i had to put in my own reasons he has been alive longer than Link right? He has the experience advantage, full counter should work i believe and vanish counter should be a great help at ranged attacks that are full of magic

It's not much Meliodas's weakness to holy powers, but the Light Arrows ability to kill darkness.

And stone mask is perception manipulation, not invisibility, so I'm not sure he'd be able to see Link (or even remember him given that Meliodas won't even consider him anymore).

Well the Stone Mask doesn't work on all enemies in the game iirc, and also Meliodas will still know that he's supposed to be fighting somebody, and his sensing will still let him know there's a very odd "stone" with power nearby, and something is trying to attack him. I think the Stone Mask would allow Link to get in one or a few good hits in but other than that I don't see it being all that useful

It only doesn't work against bosses (and mini-bosses), which is clearly gameplay mechanic.

A few hits with Light Arrows are more than enough to turn the battle in Link's favor, though.

For the record, with the stone mask, even if you're purposefully trying to get someone's attention, it still renders you unnoticeable. Shoot, the original owner of the mask, goes in front of people waving his arms around and yelling—for years—-and still goes unnoticed until Link uses the Lens of Truth.

@Triforce

The Light Arrows ability to destroy darkness isn't much here though. The Goddess Clan's Ark ability is to "disintegrate darkness" but like I said above, the high-level demons tank that kind of thing no problem unless there's a big difference in AP.

Regarding Stone Mask, rather than gameplay mechanic it seems like it simply doesn't work on non-mooks. I also stand by my points above. With Meliodas' sensory abilities there's no way he gets attacked by a "stone" more than a couple times after his enemy disappears and he continues to not notice.

Link has much higher speed, intelligence, and stronger hax in his favor.

With his higher speed and attack reflection via the Mirror Shield alone he renders all damage Meliodas could put out useless. Especially energy attacks.

And even without the Fierce Deity's Mask, Link still has 3 other highly powerful forms to play around with, and he can swap between them on the fly, and these forms give him other abilities that give him several other advantages over his Hylian Form.

Also, let's not forget, even without the power of the Fierce Deity's Mask, Link was still able to overpower and defeat Majora, which would casually stomp all over Meliodas, in terms of sheer AP. It just took a bit longer.

HH confirms that Link used the FD mask to defeat Majora. So yes, canonically Link defeated him/her/it with the mask.

The only reason it's optional it's because the game can't force you to find all the masks of the game to finish it. There's a thread down there about that.

Is this supposed to be videogame stats comparison or something? Meliodas destroyed an entire kingdom in few seconds just because he was upset and that was not even half of his full power, there's no way for Link to do anything against him

Last edited:
Back