• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Megami Tensei - The Expansive, Collective CRT Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
SMT doesn't apply to verse equalization since data makes up every facet of its cosmology, from the computer that Makoto uses in Persona 3, to the Axiom itself, which is beyond the concept of dimensions

Even characters from other verses?
What? No. Other verses don’t have Observation.

SMT doesn't apply to verse equalization since data makes up every facet of its cosmology, from the computer that Makoto uses in Persona 3, to the Axiom itself, which is beyond the concept of dimensions
SMT is Persona, no real distinction, and it’s not the Axiom, it’s the Atziluth.

verse equalization only applies to simulations beneath the current reality of a verse, to equalize it with verses that reside in the higher reality

verses like SAO and the Matrix apply, but not SMT
No? I talk the verse equalisation of SBA i don't understand what you even try to tell lol.

Yes. Everything is a product of Observation, a power of the mind and soul, which is synonymous with information, which comprises concepts.
Doesn't it just give proposely a weakness for other verse character then? Like a 1-A from other verse that have their transduality, how this work as they don't have their transduality based on collective disbelief

Just as they are able to grant powers to these Gods, the collective disbelief of these Gods can strip of them or their immortality, acausality, transduality, and omnipresence.

Doesn't it just give proposely a weakness for other verse character then? Like a 1-A from other verse that have their transduality, how this work as they don't have their transduality based on collective disbelief
Again, Observation is the same as soul, mind, info, and concept manipulation is, because that’s what the world is comprised of. It’s essentially just hitting someone with these. The justification isn’t the best, they gain their transduality from being Archetype, not due to disbelief.

No? I talk the verse equalisation of SBA i don't understand what you even try to tell lol.

Just as they are able to grant powers to these Gods, the collective disbelief of these Gods can strip of them or their immortality, acausality, transduality, and omnipresence.
From what I can tell, assume observation works as other subjective reality abilities.

Again, Observation is the same as soul, mind, info, and concept manipulation is, because that’s what the world is comprised of. It’s essentially just hitting someone with these. The justification isn’t the best, they gain their transduality from being Archetype, not due to disbelief.
Okay ty

BTW Ant, I'd suggest updating your user page on the wiki now that SMT and Persona are effectively the same series, namely on regards of your preference regarding them.

Eh. I dislike that SMT basically boils down to a bigoted and intolerant extremely slanted and petty hate- and slander-campaign against Christianity and western civilisation, whereas Persona has some interesting content regarding Jungian psychology, archetypes, the collective unconscious, and real world corruption, despite sharing some of these traits. So I think that keeping my preference list the way it is should be fine.

Eh. I dislike that SMT basically boils down to a bigoted and intolerant extremely slanted and petty hate- and slander-campaign against Christianity and western civilisation, whereas Persona has some interesting content regarding Jungian psychology, archetypes, the collective unconscious, and real world corruption, despite sharing some of these traits. So I think that keeping my preference list the way it is should be fine.
I mean, SMT just seems like a play on Cristian philosophies, not some kind of hate program or whatever.

I mean, SMT just seems like a play on Cristian philosophies, not some kind of hate program or whatever.
^
Idk where you got the idea that its a slander campaign against it besides the fact that both Law and Chaos are dicks, and you kill god in II and IVA

^
Idk where you got the idea that its a slander campaign against it besides the fact that both Law and Chaos are dicks, and you kill god in II and IVA
I didn't call it a slander campaign, unless you were talking about Ant. Tho, I'm not exactly that surprised cause he said similar things about Shinza and some other verses that have plays on Cristian philosophy, which seems to just be a bit of an over-generalization.

Eh. I dislike that SMT basically boils down to a bigoted and intolerant extremely slanted and petty hate- and slander-campaign against Christianity and western civilisation
Except that isn’t the case. SMT never illustrates the concepts of Law, and Chaos as bad, they’re just the logical extremes and the personification of them. If all you got from this series was simply ignorant, indiscriminate hate, despite the fact that the series also delves into the fundamentals of the human soul, the binary between Demons and Humans (quite literally stated to being the same in essence, an obvious reference to John Milton’s Paradise Lost, stating that Heaven and Hell are mere mental states), death and rebirth, and the overall core message of the series that individuality is a farce, I can’t say you were paying too much attention.

Especially since not every game even revolves around YHVH, most of them, in fact, don’t (Devil Survivor 2, Digital Devil Saga, Devil Summoner series & Raidou Duology). This is also coming from someone who really doesn’t like religion or the thought of an omnibenevolent Christian God, so, feel free to take my input as you wish.

Well, I have only personally played Persona, and found it kind of interesting. SMT is just an impression of what I know about the storylines, so said impression may be wrong.

I'm just going to drop by and place a "Play a real Shin Megami Tensei game" here.

Signed, someone who got out of church a few hours ago and does enjoy these games

Does mean that the individual pages of SMT & Persona should be deleted and replaced with Megami Tensei, but that’s only after we finish editing.

I didn't call it a slander campaign, unless you were talking about Ant. Tho, I'm not exactly that surprised cause he said similar things about Shinza and some other verses that have plays on Cristian philosophy, which seems to just be a bit of an over-generalization.
I was agreeing with you and responding to Ant's message that called it a slander campaign.
My bad.

So is Masakado and Endgame Canon Flynn supposed to be the strongest characters in mainline SMT besides the Azulith/Axiom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back