• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Megami Tensei - The Collective, Expansive CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was expecting to see Ant here and have him tag every mod under the sun. Expected this to go on for several more days. Anyways, I’ll wait for more input still, just in case. This is a very big CRT, especially 1-A doesn’t even necessarily start at Metatron, but I’ll let Ultima explain the surprise.

Screenshot_20210920-063429.png
my reaction to this.

anyway, yeah seems fine

Was expecting to see Ant here and have him tag every mod under the sun. Expected this to go on for several more days. Anyways, I’ll wait for more input still, just in case. This is a very big CRT, especially 1-A doesn’t even necessarily start at Metatron, but I’ll let Ultima explain the surprise.
Alright then. Do you mind if I do the edits when this gets accepted?

I have no idea why there's untranslated scans.

The scans could be saying "Dick, poop farts" and it'd be equally as accurate until verifiably translated.

I fundamentally reject aspects of the Upgrade predicated on Untranslated (or dubiously translated) scans. I've said this before, but the translation provided could be incorrect, inaccurate, misinterpreted, lying, etc.

Untranslated verses have a notable history of this type of shenaniganry, and so I side with caution and without official and verifiable scans that can be then reviewed, I have to disagree with those parts.

Alright then. Do you mind if I do the edits when this gets accepted?
Yes, I do mind. Don’t.

I have no idea why there's untranslated scans.

The scans could be saying "Dick, poop farts" and it'd be equally as accurate until verifiably translated.

I fundamentally reject aspects of the Upgrade predicated on Untranslated (or dubiously translated) scans.
Well, not only is this on you to prove, this was looked over by:

• the wiki translator
  • the translator who provided multiple other translations within the blog, Dijeh
  • and gifted by the person currently translating the novel

Your move.

Your move.
Well, excuse me for a moment, but that information is not readily available, and taking such a tone as if it was smeared all over your Original Post makes me more suspicious.

Frankly, I don't particularly care what unofficial translation is provided. What I asked for was something that can be peer reviewed, not something that's just Japanese and then "This is what it says".

"This was fact checked by X person" was also used for the Shinza Bansho profiles, and look what happened to them, so excuse me for siding with Caution, but any unverifiable and untranslated scans I'm afraid I'll have to disagree with fundamentally.

This is a CRT, not a Dunking match like in some Discord VC, and I hope you'll keep your hostilities to yourself when addressing me in future.

Well, excuse me for a moment, but that information is not readily available, and taking such a tone as if it was smeared all over your Original Post makes me more suspicious.
No, no, no. You made the claim they were unverified. That’s on no one but you.

Frankly, I don't particularly care what unofficial translation is provided. What I asked for was something that can be peer reviewed, not something that's just Japanese and then "This is what it says".
That’s fine, frankly, I don’t care what you don’t care about. If you want to, discuss this with the 3 translators that looked this over, and get their approval.

"This was fact checked by X person" was also used for the Shinza Bansho profiles, and look what happened to them, so excuse me for siding with Caution, but any unverifiable and untranslated scans I'm afraid I'll have to disagree with fundamentally.
What happens to Shinza is not what happens to MegaTen.

This is a CRT, not a Dunking match like in some Discord VC, and I hope you'll keep your hostilities to yourself when addressing me in future.
I’m not hostile, I’m very direct.

No, no, no. You made the claim they were unverified. That’s on no one but you.
This has nothing to do with what you're quoting. As for it being unverifiable
That’s fine, frankly, I don’t care what you don’t care about. If you want to, discuss this with the 3 translators that looked this over, and get their approval.
I've already told you, this is not persuasive evidence alone. And I brought up past examples on why that precedent doesn't apply.
It sets a very important precedent when dealing with Translated verses, and the bases tend to bleed over. Nothing you are saying is persuasive in the slightest.
I’m not hostile, I’m very direct.
You are expressing an attitude of mocking irreverence and sarcasm. In short, you are being snarky.

Going by your logic every verse that's requires translations to be indexable wouldn't be allowed, which isn't the case, keep any concern of that sort with actually significant proof, otherwise you're just complaining about a non-existent matter at best.
Does it not? What's the point of the voting system for a CRT if you're fulling up your CRT with a language 99.99% of people cannot understand?

Of course the verse requires Translations to be indexable. It'd be anarchy otherwise, people could (and DID) make rampant claims with no possibility of peer analysis.

This has nothing to do with what you're quoting. As for it being unverifiable
It does.

I've already told you, this is not persuasive evidence alone. And I brought up past examples on why that precedent doesn't apply.

It sets a very important precedent when dealing with Translated verses, and the bases tend to bleed over. Nothing you are saying is persuasive in the slightest.
To you.

You are expressing an attitude of mocking irreverence and sarcasm. In short, you are being snarky.
To you.

I reiterate, why do you, if you’re so determined:

• prove these translations wrong
  • talk to said translators

• the wiki translator
  • the translator who provided multiple other translations within the blog, Dijeh
  • and gifted by the person currently translating the novel
Forgot to mention, another translator, courtesy of @Meganova_Stella’s aid in telling them about the excerpts.

Precedent? Make a CRT first over that, right now it isn't obligatory at all that all content of a series must be officially avaliable in English for it to be indexable.

Having official translations is not required to be accepted, as 90% of Light Novels won't be in the wiki, at least we need to show english translations, doens't matter if it's fantranslated or nah, and if someone have any kind of problem with the translation, then go fix the error, but stopping an entire verse is not good

Does it not? What's the point of the voting system for a CRT if you're fulling up your CRT with a language 99.99% of people cannot understand?

Of course the verse requires Translations to be indexable. It'd be anarchy otherwise, people could (and DID) make rampant claims with no possibility of peer analysis.
Evaluating the fan-translated content for our purposes, or do you see everything in the OP not being translated in some way at all? If it was something like making a claim of some picture saying X, yet no quote is given at all beyond the raw image in another language you'd have a point, but as that's not the case...

Repeating an addressed point is not persuasive. Move onto something else.
Yes, to me. That's the point of a dialogue. It's very apparent in your mind set that you're not to persuade, you're to apply dogma. Very revealing.
I reiterate, why do you, if you’re so determined
I do not give a rats arse about what the arbitrary Translators have to say on the Matter. I only care about Official, auditable, translations. Until then, I will remain against.

prove these translations wrong
You once again seem to be labouring under the delusion I'm saying they're wrong, likely because any skepticism is chips at your dogma.

No, I didn't say they were wrong, I was expressing doubts. This isn't Denial, it's Skepticism.
Precedent? Make a CRT first over that
Do you have any idea what precedent is?

Precedent isn't law or rules, it's examples from the past on how to behave. Precedent happens passively.

And I have no idea why I would bother with such a Common Sense idea such as "Having things be able to be audited"

But please, do go on, it's obvious that no one will be convinced, make the changes, I'll wait for another Shinza Bansho-like downgrade thread sometime in the future.

Repeating an addressed point is not persuasive. Move onto something else.
A standard everyone but you agrees with.

Yes, to me. That's the point of a dialogue. It's very apparent in your mind set that you're not to persuade, you're to apply dogma. Very revealing.
I’m sure.

I do not give a rats arse about what the arbitrary Translators have to say on the Matter. I only care about Official, auditable, translations. Until then, I will remain against.
And I don’t give a **** about what someone who won’t disprove the translations has to say on the matter, so where do we go from here?

this doesnt really matter, we have verses with no official translations and fantranslation is the best that we can have about it, and the wiki accept it

Then do a thread in which people discuss the veracity and how well translated are those "99.99%" of the works of fiction that come outside of English are and then analyzed in depth one by one.

Sorry but the argument is stupid no matter where you look at it, because by that logic it will errasing without real foundation a huge amount of works / profiles with no real reason....and in case you have doubts about the quality of the translation, then:
  • Get the original material (not a scene, fragment, page, I'm talking about ALL the material)
  • Get the translators of said material (the original translator, either the person or the team)
  • Get new translators
  • Translate them with the new translators
  • Make the comparisons and see if they are well translated or not the original one.
In the case you dont know, even oficial translation/localization can be worst the a fan made lol, so the argument of "you need the oficial one" is useless and the wiki have no rule about it.

I understand that, but "element of earth" still seems a bit too vague to associate it to earthquakes without further proof to me. It could be a more abstract "power of the earth" idea and all, we don't know if earthquakes are part of Erthys' "myth" at all, if those are the phenomena it's representing.
Given that the Strange Journey Compendium entries for the Elementals all state that they are very specifically tied to the four prime elements that compose the world, I'm inclined to say that their influence is very literal. For instance, here's Aeros' description:

This low-level wind elemental controls one of the four prime elements that compose the world. It is a fusion of "heat" and "moist" essences, forming the basis for an exponential energy increase.

And here's Aquans':

This low-level wind elemental controls one of the four prime elements that compose the world. It is a fusion of "heat" and "moist" essences, forming the basis for an exponential energy increase.

So, if anything, 6-B is a lowball, in my view.

Yes, and we have people fixing stuff on them, so I don't see your point lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back