• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Megami Tensei General Discussion Thread

From the P3 clubbook. This like the point above, you can loosely scale Nyx off this. We can assume this is a limit because it treats it as impress especially for something that is the strongest in Persona.
so you use the statement of Nyx being able to devour planets, but ignore the statement saying shadows have the innate ability to control space-time? Or the fact that Nyx doesn't abide by the normal laws of physics at all?? Both of which were established in the same club book. The sheer fact that humans had to create the collective unconsciousness as a means of containment clearly implies her being stronger than just planet level. If we wanna get silly let's not forget it was stated the entire universe was saved because Nyx got sealed at the end of P3R.

On a more serious note, I'm unfamiliar & genuinely curious:

Why does Matador get this?
Attack Potency: Universe level+ (He is comparable to the average Demon God like Morax)

It's not even a Deity race, AFAIK.
For being a boss?
Having trouble finding what "Demon God" refers to, for that matter, even after searching the SMT Wiki for "Demon God", a term which doesn't appear on Matador's profile other than that justification.

To be honest I don’t quite remember why Matador is that high, we do have someone working on the Fiend profiles anyways.
Can I be invited to the server, I can’t help much, my expertise lies in goofy spin-offs and crossovers but I like SMT and just wanna watch you know :3

Personally, considering how much this big revision is restricting work on the 'verse, not allowing users to work on the 'verse at all or even do matches, IIRC, it's very stifling & embittering that it's not only taking so long, but you're unwilling to let us watch the work.

I'd like to help &/or participate with what I can, for what that's worth.

But holding up the 'verse for how long has it been... years? Is this really right to do?

I appreciate your hard work & dedication, but shutting down other users who want to help doesn't sit as well with me as your valiant commitments, which I do appreciate, rest assured.

Personally, considering how much this big revision is restricting work on the 'verse, not allowing users to work on the 'verse at all or even do matches, IIRC, it's very stifling & embittering that it's not only taking so long, but you're unwilling to let us watch the work.

I'd like to help &/or participate with what I can, for what that's worth.

But holding up the 'verse for how long has it been... years? Is this really right to do?

I appreciate your hard work & dedication, but shutting down other users who want to help doesn't sit as well with me as your valiant commitments, which I do appreciate, rest assured.
Issue with VSBW in general, really. This idea that only certain verse experts and what not should have the final say and can hold up potential revisions or bar people from participating is really stupid. Creates a vacuum and sense of elitism that only le epic intellectuals who know every facet of the verse and take powerscaling more serious than a job are the only people whose opinions matters.

That wasn’t my comment, nor was it their comment. They said they couldn’t contribute (which I interpret as being involved in profiles, scaling and discussions, scans, etc), and just want to watch. That doesn’t aid this revision in any meaningful way, and not out of a pompous need to be secretive (we’re already forced to sit on our ass due to Ultima taking light years to finish tiering revisions), but it just isn’t necessary.

I do appreciate the rest of your comment, though. After all I did mention those who want to work on that criterion are free to message me privately and I’ll let them in.

That wasn’t my comment, nor was it their comment. They said they couldn’t contribute (which I interpret as being involved in profiles, scaling and discussions, scans, etc), and just want to watch. That doesn’t aid this revision in any meaningful way, and not out of a pompous need to be secretive (we’re already forced to sit on our ass due to Ultima taking light years to finish tiering revisions), but it just isn’t necessary.

I do appreciate the rest of your comment, though. After all I did mention those who want to work on that criterion are free to message me privately and I’ll let them in.
Ah, I see.
Apologies if I kinda threw shade.

That said, shamefully, I'm not much one for editing, even if I am enthusiastic about learning the lore & researching & discussing it on the forums.

Ah, I see.
Apologies if I kinda threw shade.

That said, shamefully, I'm not much one for editing, even if I am enthusiastic about learning the lore & researching & discussing it on the forums.
Everyone has different strengths, it’s not as if we slave labor people into profile making camps, if that’s not your strength, it just isn’t. Scaling discussions, scans, etc, that’s more than enough to be considered contributing.

But no hard feelings.

Everyone has different strengths, it’s not as if we slave labor people into profile making camps, if that’s not your strength, it just isn’t. Scaling discussions, scans, etc, that’s more than enough to be considered contributing.

But no hard feelings.
Can I be like the mascot.

I’m unironically that already. That’s why everyone goes to me or Ultima for questions. Sorta a running joke in there.
Can I be the creature that exists in the corner of everyone's eyes, but every time you turn to catch me I'm already gone, disappeared into some facet of the world no one knows of.

Anyway, I would help if I could but as I mentioned earlier I would only be good for SMT Dx2 stuff and Imagine since that's the games I played the most.

Lmao, then why didn’t you say that? We have designated tabs for both lmao.
I'm a bit too goofy and tend to be less serious in initial interactions, never let them know your first move y'know? Anyways, I'd have to refresh on my imagine stuff, but it wouldn't be too hard, that game isn't very long, and I think my friend still has a private server up. Could be a fun replay session to also get scans and what not.

Although what would you want because IIRC Imagine is pretty "lore rich" (which is surprising for an MMO)

I igotta do my SAO revision stuff then I'll shoot you a dm, don't wanna join and then never do anything, lol.

I have also played Dx2 & would be interested in at least seeing the server, hopefully helping.
Have considered trying Nocturne.

But if that's not reason enough to join the server, I understand.

Quit your wanking, everyone knows that Persona caps at 9-C AT MOST; why else would everyone be threatened by guns and long falls?

s
9-C? Persona caps at 10-B and MHS speed. There's a persona 3 reload achievement called "Dodging Lightning" and in one of the dialogues they explicitly say they can't go SoL so immeasurable is bunk!

/s

Would Yu/InO be > Ren/Satanael? While Ren is empowered by the masses, Yu is stated by Izanami to have surpassed the will of all mankind. And from what’s currrently on the profiles, (I think) they scale to the same feat.

Would Yu/InO be > Ren/Satanael? While Ren is empowered by the masses, Yu is stated by Izanami to have surpassed the will of all mankind. And from what’s currrently on the profiles, (I think) they scale to the same feat.
Nah, Ren is scaled to being the strongest Megaten MC of all time here.

I wonder how that would change if there was another arena game where an older rusty Yu beats Ren...

Nah, Ren is scaled to being the strongest Megaten MC of all time here.

I wonder how that would change if there was another arena game where an older rusty Yu beats Ren...
Not talking about True Endgame Ren, strictly talking about False Endgame Ren

and Ren isn't the strongest, Nanashi is. I also disagree with where Maruki/Adam Kadmon, and by extension where Ren scales, but I'm too lazy to argue about it

It would be best to find the original Japanese scan for that quote, since the localizations have a tendency of embellish on certain feats or add information unpresent in the original script.

It would be best to find the original Japanese scan for that quote, since the localizations have a tendency of embellish on certain feats or add information unpresent in the original script.
TMAEey5.png

From DeepL:

伊邪那美大神
あり得ない・・・ “個” の意思が、人の総意を超えるというのか!?

Great Goddess Izanami
Impossible... The will of an "individual",The will of an individual exceeds the will of the entire human race?

Think this statement is consistent with the P4 Anime as well.

TMAEey5.png

From DeepL:

伊邪那美大神
あり得ない・・・ “個” の意思が、人の総意を超えるというのか!?

Great Goddess Izanami
Impossible... The will of an "individual",The will of an individual exceeds the will of the entire human race?

Think this statement is consistent with the P4 Anime as well.
Oh yeah, speaking of the anime, didn't Ameno Sagiri mention fusing the TV world with reality? It's hard to remember because ATLUS NUKED THE ANIME OFF THE FACE OF STREAMING SERVICES AND BUYERS, INCLUDING CLIPS OF IT

Back