• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Megaman X Downgrade ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Executor_N0

VS Battles
Calculation Group
After this discussio I noticed that although mass-energy is not used to set the level of a feat involving black holes, some profiles are listed with calculations based on that. Mainly the Megaman Franchise, more specifically the Megaman X feats.

Here are all the calculations that are made based on that.

Gravity Beetle

First Black Hole
It has 0.000232 solar masses.

0.000232 x 6.276e+41 = 1.456032e+38 Joules, Large Planet +

Second Black Hole

• Low-End: 0.000405 solar masses.
0.000405 x 6.276e+41 = 2.54178e+38 Joules, Dwarf Star.

• Hig-End: 0.000882 solar masses.
0.000882 x 6.276e+41 = 5.535432e+38 Joules, Dwarf Star.

Third Black Hole
0.025391 solar mass.

0.025391 x 6.276e+41 = 1.5935392e+40 Joules, Small Star.

Gravity Antonio
0.00101 solar masses

0.00101 x 6.276e+41 = 6.33876e+38 Joules, Dwarf Star.

Squeeze Bomb
0.00197 solar masses

0.00197 x 6.276e+41 = 1.236372e+39 Joules, Dwarf Star.

Lumine
Lumine does not have a black hole feat, but has his done to destroy his pocket universe.

If I am not mistaken, the distance to the Sun (That would be the radius of the realm) was 1908500000 meters.

Energy to destroy using a center-originating omni-directional blast = GBE x 4(¤Ç)(A/R)2

6.276e+41 x 4 x ¤Ç x (1908500000/6.955e+8)^2 = 5.9385834e+43 Joules, Large Star. (I did this here because the link calculation ended with a result of 4.993e+43 Joules of energy, 1e+43 less than in my calculation).

Well, at least one feat remains Large Star.

Conclusion
Therefore, feats involving Black Holes should receive Downgrade for their old method disobeying the Mass-energy conversion feats and Black Hole feats in fictio rules.

The mention of the Squeeze Bomb must change by stating that its energy is calculated as having 1.236372e+39 Joules (Not 3.51218 Foe).

The feat of Lumine remains Large Star, I think it can be put: Dwarf Star normally and Large Star in peak. For the characters in question. Or simply leave Large Star but remove the mentions of black holes that dwarfing supernovas and just leave the feat of Lumine.

Unless there is some information in the franchise speaking that they use mass-energy conversion in creating black holes. Something I did not find.

I'm obviously going to be biased here, so I'm going to want the the calculation group members before I say anything. But by the looks of things you might be right.

Just taking a swift look over the matter, if those calcs were already accepted I would guess just doing it like you suggested probably is correct in regards to the black hole feats.

If I read "The black holes take about half a second to bounce off of the walls to the ceiling" I have to ask, though: are this actually realistic black holes?

There also seems to be some calculations that calc the KE of the black holes to be in there. Those would stay correct.

Ehhh... being technologically advanced enough to do such a thing isn't justification of it being a realistic black hole, though.

Maybe quite the opposite: If you are that technologically advanced you are also advanced enough to create pseudo black holes.

Furthermore if he screwed with the black hole properties, how would we know that the properties we assume it to have in order to tier it were not screwed with as well?

I mean if its gravitational pull doesn't work like it should you can not really infer mass from its schwarzschild radius.

I do want to say that our current Black Hole uses rely too much on semantics, and even though there's ways to calc Black Hole feats, we use the method that throws them all out the window.

I agree, the problem would be that the mass-energy method would generate a shift also in the mass-energy conversion rules (Unless it is determined that it is only valid for black holes.).

Unless of course, using the mass and the black hole radius, the Black Hole GBE is calculated as it occurs with Celestial Body Feats

U = 3Gm┬▓/5r

r = 2Gm/c┬▓ > m = rc┬▓/2G

U = 3Gr┬▓c^4/2G┬▓5r

U = r x (3c^4/10G)

U = r x 3.36e+43

I think this might be a solution, but I do not know if it's something valid due to the various things that occur in a black hole that are beyond my comprehension.

A black holes GBE is infinite.

r=0 for a black hole.

Don't confuse the r here with the schwarzschild radius, which is something entirely different.

(Also consider that GBE is defined as the energy necessary to move the matter an infinite distance away from the black hole. That should already tell you that it is infinite, since pulling something out of a black hole is impossible)

@cal: As far as I am aware there is no reasonable way to calc creating them. Unless you want to calc the energy necessary to compress matter to black hole density, which is not only extremely difficult, but also not how any fiction I know creates its black holes (aka you would need the entire mass in the black hole to start with, so creating black holes would require destroying a star every time)

And Mass-energy is as arbitrary for that feat, as it is for creating planets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back