• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mega Man X vs Samus Aran

The Blue Bomber vs The Human from Zebes.

Due to the fact that Mega Man X is tons of times quicker than Samus, Speed is Equalized.

Due to my little knowledge on Metroid: Prime, use whatever armor you may wish that doesn't make this a spite for any of the sides.

Err... iirc, Samus is quicker than X (at her peak). By like a lot. Regardless, I definitely remember this being inconclusive in the past, so I'm gonna keep that inconclusive vote. Both have a ton of ways to put the other down.

According to both their pages and my calculations and feat lists, Samus is Massively FTL+ and so is Mega Man X, however I have much more substantial feats for X ( Outrunning lazers, blackholes and escaping a exploding city in seconds ). If you will,you and I could discuss this by picking a side and trying to decide this supposed inconclusive matchup. How about it?

Massively FTL+ is a ginormous category, and most of those feats are close to baseline FTL at best. X's best feat involves the Dark Elf. But I digress. Ok. I'll try to answer without saying inconclusive. Which will actually be pretty hard, given well, everything. I'd probably give a small edge to Samus. And by slight, I do mean slight. X has much greater durability and normal AP. He has just as much hax, with black holes, absolute zero, etc. and both don't have their personalities holding them back. And I'm pretty sure Dark Hold is a thing... Actually, I think I have to go with the reploid. For now anyway.

Actually, only reason it was inconclusive in the first place was because of Samus' speed advantage. Otherwise it's a stomp.

I personally believe X takes this 6.5/3.5 times against Samus. Samus and X's speeds are even ( I may not have made myself clear, CLASSIC Mega Man outran Black Holes. X is TONS of times faster than Mega Man ) and even lowballing his speed X would be even with Samus speed minimum which is Massively Hypersonic+ ( Classic Mega Man also was quicker than people who could outrun Lightning, and we all know how X is compared to Mega Man ) but that doesn't matter here since speed is equalized.

X is far tankier than Samus is. Samus' greatest feat of durability are tanking ( even if little ) Mother Brain's Hyper Beam, surviving Ridley's attacks in Super Metroid and match the SA-X ( since Samus got progessively stronger, Super Metroid is the second strongest version of Samus ( the first being Super Metroid Samus + Metroid Fusion Samus we see at the end of fusion ) and there she faces the greatest version of her enemies, like Ridley, who have far surpassed Dark Samus ).

X's greatest durability feats are tanking blows that can create Black Holes and tanking blows from Vile that can destroy Huge Stars. So this leaves us at Samus being Star Level and X being Large Star Level+ or possibly a bit higher.

In Striking Strength ( which Samus could possibly attempt to use ) X is far superior, while Samus is class TJ, X is class XTJ+ even though he isn't the most skillful of physical fighters.

In Stamina, both are even at near limitless, however I do give the edge to X since Samus, while being almost impossible to tire, is still human while X is a robot that runs on batteries charged by the sun. Both can only be slowed down by being damaged ( X becoming seemingly tired after being hit too much and the same for Samus ).

If we are going to use multiple equipments, then this fight is incredibly biased to the point where I may say that X would win against any Samus version using Dark Hold. Considering X's speed and the time Dark Hold gives him, plus his striking potency being extreme, it would take the time of Dark Hold for X to pull a Hitto on Samus. Time would stop, X would attack her with all he got, including his Giga Attacks. And even without considering Dark Hold, if we take the strongest version of Samus which is end game Metroid Fusion Samus due to her absorving Super Metroid Samus' power with her own Metroid DNA, she still wouldn't stand a chance to the immensely more powerful than X, Ultimate Armor X.

So yeah, TL;DR: X has the advantage on most stats and my vote goes to him 6.5/3.5.

IDK if you're new, but uh, Samus is RIDICULOUSLY faster.

Classic Mega Man and X are scaled to those black holes are up to 250 FTL

Samus is scaled to Ridley who kept up with her ship which is at 10,000,000 FTL.

So, yeah Samus is definitely faster. This has nothing to do with the fight, but just wanted to correct you since this is something you should see in the profiles.

Also, Dura wise, yes X is better, but Samus is Multi-Galaxy+ in AP via the White Hole which negated several Black Holes that were going to destroy the Universe.

That calculation of the ship is kinda weird, especially since in other ocasions, Samus' ship wasn't shown to be that quick or speed wasn't clear, like Zero Mission, where in a chase and at full speed ( or we can assume it was full speed ) it reached the Planet's orbit in a cutscene of time and then was shotdown. If we are to say her ship is 10,000,000 FTL, then I'd gladly do a calculation of Samus leaving Ceres ( which for all we know could actually be exactly where Ceres, the dwarf planet, is ), passing through the asteroid belt and coming back. I'm pretty sure if I were to do that, then she would still be FTL but with a more reliable calculation. Also, we don't know how long it took from Samus to Tetra, so for all we know, it could have taken months and months of journey and the calc mentions it being almost instantaneous.

So, even if we consider that calculation, that would imply Samus without a ship is quicker than her ship, which is absolutely crazy. I mean, she can basically fly with the Space Jump, if she was that quick she could just fly away and leave her ship, unless she can't breathe in space due to her suit not having oxygen. It's base is also speculation ( Metroid Prime: Hunters ) since that game is almost non-canon ( the only thing that could possibly tie it with the series is Sylux's ship chasing Samus at the end of Prime 3(?) and even then, it's not confirmed to be Sylux in any other game ).

Also, isn't the mentioned Ridly META-Ridley? If so, he is shown to be QUICKER than Samus, so it makes complete sense. In fact, if it is MetaRidley, he is above Samus in speed and possibly in AP, since his defeat was caused due to weakness in his armor, not for being inferior to Samus in stats. This is stated in the wiki page of MetaRidley and in Metroid Prime. And Omega Ridley is superior Meta Ridley in basically everything but speed, which is the reason he is defeated.

A couple things. Firstly, having similar combat/reaction speeds to the ship isn't that crazy, because they're combat/reaction speed. Not movement/flight speed.

And secondly, being faster=/=completely out of opponent's league

I know both of these. Also, I'm trying to make the calc now using Super Metroid's intro.

Yes, but it allows blitzing, which is defeating your opponent

Well, good luck with the calc then.

Secondly, it depends by how much faster you are than your opponent to blitz, not to mention other factors like in character traits, dura, ap, power and abilities and so on and so forth play a huge part as well. Speed is not the only key to victory.

Well, here it is:

First, we need to take these into consideration:

Earth to Sun: 149.600.000 km

Earth to Jupiter:588.000.000 km

Samus travelled from Ceres to "hardly beyond the Asteroid Belt". Ceres IS in the Asteroid Belt, in the edge of it, so let's assume she went from the Asteroid Belt to Earth, since I didn't find any decent distance from the Asteroid Belt to Jupiter and the Asteroid Belt is still under study.

So, the distance varies. It is minimum to the distance from Earth to the Sun or from Earth to Jupiter, stated above. She got out of Ceres and went to the Earth, this would be either 149.600.000 km or 588.000.000 km. Let's first do it with the smaller number:

So, she made a travel of 149.600.000 and returned, so that makes it 299.200.000 km in what I will assume varies from 5 to 10 minutes ( since Ridley had to kill all thescientists maniacally and sadistically like he is and get the Metroid, however notices Samus go into the Station and decides to mount a trap ).

That makes Samus 774.000.000.000 km/h ( 5m ) or 388.800.000.000 km/h ( 10m ) depending on the time she got there. Or, we can make it 2 minutes, which would be 1.940.400.000.000 km/h. This, could also be translated to 2.15e+11 ( 5m ), 1.08e+11 ( 10m ) or 5.39e+11 ( 2m ), which would all be quicker than light, which is 1.079e+9, but way less exaggerated than the one made of Prime.

Now, if we are taking the bigger number into account, she would've travelled 1.176.000.000 km in 10, 5 and 2 minutes which would be 7.06e+9, 1.41e+10 or 3.53e+10.

So, yeah, she is still faster than light. Use these numbers as you will.

Edit: Note that the distance I used is probably not the best to use, but I had no other option due to distances of the Asteroid Belt and Ceres from basically anywhere are basically none currently. I also decided to make Ceres be exactly where our Ceres ( the dwarf planet ) is.

Uh, good effort, but unless you make this into a blog post, post this into the Calculation Evaluation Thread and have the Calc members approve this, we can't apply this.

Not to mention Speed's equalized, making this entirely moot. :p

That's what I plan on doing. The Prime Hunters based calculations is bullocks. Also no, it wasn't good effort, I struggled a lot on things I shouldn't have.

Also, I don't know exactly how much these are faster than light. From my calculations, none of them come close to X's 250 FTL, but they could be completely off. Anyways, I'll post this in a revision thread for her.

Speed equalized makes this a spite match. Samus has no way whatsoever of putting X down aside from the white holes (which she only used once and would need serious distance to use anyway), as X has faced and dealt with all hax she has. X is far smarter and more experienced, far more durable, far more powerful, far more haxed, etc. he's literally better than her in every way, shape and form.

Back