• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many times has this match been done? Anyway, both characters are extremely versatile and hax'd; but I'll try to break it down best I can. Anyway, Samus has resistance to most of Mega Man's hax abilities, except for Space-Time manipulation. Given that Samus's power suit is not actually technology, but super advanced biology with supernatural features, Magnetism will also not work.

Mega Man has resistance to AZ, so Ice beam won't help for damage, but freezing multiple projectiles in line is another story. Wave Beam also bypasses force fields, so that part is helpful for her. Mega Man can also resist the Plasma Beam, given he's a super robot who withstood solar levels of heat as well as Samus. Samus also has great resistance to gravity manipulation. But she got Low-Mid regen, stellar area of effect, and precognition; those could give her an edge.

Their about even in terms of AP and Durability, Mega Man is 666 Zetatons, while nearly ever 5-B character in Metroid is far superior to the 73 Zetaton Tallon Metroid. They're extremely fodder, and a single power bomb, which Samus is immune to, atomizes multiple Tallon IV metroids in range. Not to mention on 1 G environments, the Power Bomb would be omni-directional on a planetary scale. Though, Megaman's time manipulation is easily better, Samus only slows down time where as Mega Man stops it completely. Though, Mega Man's time slow is only temporary and it gets turned off as some as he attacks; which Samus's precognition would warn her.

So both characters are extremely versatile with elemental variety and resistances. And both extremely tactical with the combat and arsenal. And both way above baseline planet level. Mega Man has slightly better ice, AZ vs Nigh-AZ, and can stop time completely, and has more arsenal variety. Samus has better range, healing, a better martial artist IMO, is probably smarter overall, but hard to judge, and her Precognition enables her to know her opponents every move.

I'm voting for Samus by a hair.

I'll vote for Mega Man high diff

There's little power difference between them, as stated above, but breaking down their other abilities, I think Mega Man takes it. I agree we should analyze their abilities to find who wins though. Will bold parts I deem to be important and include in my conclusion

SAMUS

Powers and Abilities:
Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Enhanced Senses, Scan Visor (Gives out basic information and weaknesses), Self-Healing (Concentration is Low), Precognition, Can see invisible beings, Can harm intangible beings, Regenerationn (High-Low when suit suffers breaking or cracks), Energy Projection, Weapon Mastery, Vehicular Mastery, Ice Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Can absorb and redirect energy projectiles, Can enhance her AP by charging her attacks, Barrier and Armor Bypassing with Wave Beam, Temporary Invulnerability and Damage upon impact with Electro Armor; Speed Boosting; and Screwattack, Energy and Life Absorption, Resistant to the following: Mind Manipulation and Acid Manipulation, Adapted to Gravity Manipulation. Can hit enemies with Intangibility (Spatial, Immaterial, and Elemental). | Same as before, plus Weaponized Plasma, X-Ray Visor, Speed Boosting, Rage Power, Internal Organ damaging with Plasma Beam, Healing (At least Mid-Low with Crystal Flash), Time Deceleratio with Phase Drift. Resistant to the following: Radiation; Atomic Destruction; Possession; Nigh-Absolute Zero; Gravity and Heat.

Enhanced senses are more or less irrelevent, her scan visor is useless since Mega Man has no real exploitable weaknesses (keyword, exploitable. He can be drained of sunlight yeah, but given that Zero's battery lasts for over a year in non-stop combat, I think it's safe to assume the fight will end before it comes to that. Samus has limited ammo for her stronger weapons too, so ammo is a non-issue). Precog is good, they both have energy-based powers in some form, they both mastered weapons in some form, vehicles are useless for Samus, her ice manipulation has no hope at all of working against someone who can walk through the attacks of Cold Man, Electricity Manipulation isn't too big of an issue, Energy absorption is a useful power, but not all of Mega Man's attacks are energy based and she can't do so passively, IE in time stop, her charged attacks aren't too big of a boost and they aren't her strongest attack anyway, Both have barriers, Her invulnerability is temporary and the speed boost is countered by flight (as Samus can't reach flying targets last I checked), Mega Man's gravity manipulation will not work very well, life absorption is useless against a robot, Mega Man doesn't have acid, plasma will not help because Mega Man can survive core-sun level temperatures, time deceleration is likely useless since Mega Man was not frozen by Flash Man, or even slowed dow. Her range of stellar is good but it's also irrelevent because Samus has never used such range for a fight as far as I know.

MEGA MAN

Powers and Abilities:
Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Absolute Zero Ice, Gravity Manipulation, Fire Manipulation (Said fire is hotter than the Earth's core), Water Manipulation, Earth Manipulation, Strength Augmentatio, Transmutation, Weather Manipulation, Flight, Magnetism Manipulation, Forcefield Creation, Space-Time Manipulation, Fusionism (Can merge with his mechanical dog Rush in a variety of ways), Creation (Can recreate virtually any materials required for the usage of his Variable Weapons System), Resistance to Absolute Zero and EMPs, Immunity to Soul Manipulation and Mind Manipulation (As a Robot, he lacks the soul of an organic being, and can't be manipulated through typical mind manipulation techniques), Meteor Summoning, Can breathe underwater

Absolute Zero Ice >> Nigh-AZ, especially with resistances since Mega Man fought Cold Ma, while Samus has no such resistance to Absolute Zero, only Nigh A-Z, meaning that it's still very much a useful weapo, His strength augmentation gives him a huge advantage in h2h combat (not to mention Samus has never really used physical attacks to harm people, instead using weapons. While she can counterattack, in the game it doesn't even hurt any opponent, just stunning them. It's easy to imagine that an attack that can't actually hurt a character who's 10x weaker than the person Samus is fighting now just won't be effective, simply being shrugged off. Not to mention, Mega Man has no biological weakpoints that any trained martial artist would go for. Lastly, her best feat was with the Vorash Physically. Mega Man is physically comparable to Duo. There's a big gap between them physically, if an unquantifiable one), magnetism is useless because her armor isn't even metal, water manipulation and earth manipulation are good for versatility, but they just provide variety in his attacks and nothing more, he has superior space-time manipulation and resistance because he copied it from someone else and wasn't frozen in time himself, his fusionism gives him flight and increased AP/Dura, and meteor summoning, while not a gamebreaker, does provide a useful little surprise, if nothing more.

TLDR;

Samus

+precognition

+arguably more intelligent

+Speed boost

+range

+Better healing

-While adapted to gravity manipulation, she still isn't immune to it, and would be flung upwards by it. She's not nearly as used to low gravity as high gravity, such as that of Zebes

-Once armor starts to wear down on both sides (healing won't work fast enough for either side), Samus' focus could break down if, say, Mega Man blows off her arm since Zero Suit Samus is like Town Level

-Smaller arsenal

-Already likely physically weaker, not helped by Mega Man's strength augmentation

-No defense against absolute zero, though I think she could get out of it eventually, she'll still be frozen for some time

-Precog does not help if you're attacked without warning instantly with time around you stopped

=immune to most other abilities either way

=Comparable experience iirc

=Barriers and Forcefields

Mega Ma

+flight

+can increase his dura/power with fusionism

+superior ice manipulation

+Superior time manipulation

+MUCH stronger physically

+Bigger arsenal, and by extension greater versatility

+Can survive grievous injuries bette

-weaker healing

-No counter to precog

-Not a creative fighter

-lower range

=Comparable experience iirc

=immune to most other abilities

=Barriers and Forcefields

I think Mega Man's advantages are more useful and more numerous, so I'm voting him, though this is really close.

I don't remember MM resisting Flash Man's Flash Stopper, or any time base abilitie, did this happen in some manga adaptation that I don't have knowledge?

BruceTheBatman said:
Her scan visor is useless since Mega Man has no real exploitable weaknesses

TLDR;

Mega Ma

+flight
1) Samus' Scan Visor wouldn't be completely usless since it would still give Samus a heads up on what weapons/abilities/equipment Mega Man has as well as things like behavioral patterns and such. The Scan Visor doesn't give a super in-depth analysis, but it gives more information than just the weaknesses of Samus' opponent.

2) Other than Rush, how can Mega Man fly again? I'm not very familiar with Mega Man so the only method I am familiar of Mega Man flying would be using the Rush Jet/Rush Adapters.

Samus's Space Jump giver her permanent flight, albeit not quite true flight as it's technically an endless number of mid air jumps. Mega Man isn't that much stronger physically, maybe in terms of lifting strength, but lifting strength is irrelevant compared to striking strength. And Samus actually has better striking strength feats in Samus Returns. Samus could also potentially steal some of Mega Man's power ups with her grapple beam.

Also, Samus actually has great precognition, she scales to the Chozo, who see the future a ahead of time. And Samus could just prepare a position of temporary invulnerability, with Screwattack or Shinespark, before Mega Man stops time. There's also that one electrical barrier she could use to protect against Mega Man's attacks. Also, Mega Man may be able to stop time, but he doesn't have resistance to time stop.

Also, scanners can give Samus information about Mega Man's weaponry. Also, Mega Man's ice weapons are only better in terms of temperature, Samus's Ice Beam can still be stacked with Wave Beam and Plasma Beam with infinite ammo. Not to mention she still has better range, and combining her Ice Beam with those power ups still enables her to basically freeze a big line of Metal Blades, Mega Busters, ect and turn them into a line of floating platforms.

And actually, it isn't just resistance to high gravity due to living on Zebes. IIrc, she resisted the suction of a singularity in one of the games, I think it was Other M, but haven't touched that one in a while for reasons. And actually, she also consistently resisted low gravity throughout Samus & Joey; she shine sparked her way through space and blitzed Massively FTL+ ships; Speed is equalized either way.

I'm still positive that Samus takes this.

WeeklyBattles said:
Mega Man has no resistance to time manip
He still took it from Flash Man, who has that ability. Perhaps Flash Man used it and nothing happened?

While Flight isnt a game changer, its still a useful power

Fair enough with the Visor

Regardless, Samus has no resistance to time stopping either, so it's at worst something that goes both ways, and one's advantage is still considerably superior

Samus' Aeion Abilities are Scan Pulse, Electro Armor, Beam Burst and Phase Drift (slow down time). Samus has only had these the one time in Power/Varia Suit in the recent Samus Returns. Not sure if those are included in this fight or not. Currently my vote goes to Samus for DarkDragonMedeus' reasoning.

We include every power up that Varia Suit Samus had in these thread, including the Aeion abilities. Also, it wasn't accounted that Mega Man can only stop time for a short amount of time and that he cannot attack while time is stopped.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
We include every power up that Varia Suit Samus had in these thread, including the Aeion abilities. Also, it wasn't accounted that Mega Man can only stop time for a short amount of time and that he cannot attack while time is stopped.
Composite Mega Man can actually attack while Time is stopped, and can also slow down time and use any weapon, not to mention probably carrying 9 E Tanks (Full health restores) 9 W Tanks (Refils all weapons in MM7 and one weapon in most other games) and 1 M or S tank (Restores all HP and all weapon energy reguardless of the game, and though this is probably an easter egg and shouldn't be counted, turns all enemies on screen into extra lives if Mega Man uses it at full health). Mega Man FRA

The Smashor said:
Not to mention probably carrying 9 E Tanks (Full health restores) 9 W Tanks (Refils all weapons in MM7 and one weapon in most other games) and 1 M or S tank (Restores all HP and all weapon energy regardless of the game, and though this is probably an easter egg and shouldn't be counted, turns all enemies on screen into extra lives if Mega Man uses it at full health). Mega Man FRA
Then Samus would have every single Energy Tank, Missile Tank, Super Missile Tank and Power Bomb Tank she's ever had in the Power and Varia Suits which is a lot... the thing is, I've never actually looked at what that number would be instead of what Samus has at the end of her games. At the very least she'd have tens of Energy Tanks and hundred of both types of Missiles. She should also have the Omega Cannon which is pretty damn powerful.

The Omega Cannon is at least 5-A iirc; it scales to Gorea who's destroyed hundreds of billions of planets one by one, which likely includes gas giants.

I don't believe that healing items would worth something in a battle where both opponents can one-shot the other with some many haxxes.

Oh, and I will make a Mega Man CRT, so this will become outdate ;) (Laughs maniacly).

Both characters are durable enough to tank each other's shots, being all but immune to their lesser arsenals. Both have an immense level of silly hax that would normally invalidate other combatants. Samus has better range and combat tactics (via Scan Visor and Precog), Mega Man is way stronger and has the means to close any gap via Time Manipulation. Samus has more mobility whereas Mega Man has a wider arsenal. Most importantly, neither one of their main win conditions immediately invalidate the other.

I think this is one of the better matchs, but they are also very close in terms of capabilities. Mega Man has an inherent disadvantage in experience not being use to fighting organics but that is a minimal issue whereas Samus on the other hand would not be use to anyone with that wide of an arsenal to keep her off balance. Mega Man could potentially win through shear brute force but he tends to treat physical combat as a last resort, usually prefering ranged combat which plays into her advantage. Samus also has actual CQC training, being use to tossing around physically bigger and stronger foes such as the Metroids in Samus Returns, so a physical assault wouldn't be a sure fire way to win.

I think the defining characteristic in this matchup would be durability and longevity. Samus has inhuman stamina, but she has a limit while Mega Man has unlimited as long as he has solar energy. Mega Man's weapons and more importantly his hax has only so much usage and will eventually run out, though Samus would also probably deplete most of her expendible arsenal as well holding him off. Mega Man is durable enough to tank a couple of hits from Samus, but his entire kit is based around offense with very little defensive capabilites. The Chozo Power Armor in comparison has most of its abilites based around mobility, defense and exploration. Even comparing Energy Reserves shows Mega Man is reliant on E-Tanks to maintain high energy outputs where as Samus has a vast reserve in comparison that replenishes itself. Samus has tanked simular attacks to Mega Man's best defensive output consistantly and more frequently. She has better defenses and could take more hits if the fight ended up being a ranged slugfest, especially if the fight ends up with their basic beam attacks.

This is only my subjective interpretation and honestly this matchup is so close it would be too close to call. I think Samus edges out slightly due to durability but I could easily see either one winning. My vote is for Inconclusive.

Mega Man does have the mirror buster, which can redirect Samus's attacks back at her. So while she does have the wave beam that could pass through Mega Man's barriers, the mirror buster could throw it right back.

I will say it does seem pretty close though. If the character pages do get updated this match will have to be redone or we can include the changes if they don't affect the current matchup too much.

It's something she has normally. She absorbs any projectiles thrown at her and fires back at her opponents.

I've never seen that in action. You sure she hs that normally? From the games I've played, I don't recall being able to do that.

Could you be more specific?

She gets attacked via energy projectiles, she absorbs it with her arm cannon, and she fires back.

Not to mention she can phase drift, making it much easier for Samus to bypass the shield.

The Wave Beam is an intangible projectile that phases through mirror objects that reflect projectiles.

And like people said before, Glassman, Mega Man can outright stop time. I'm still not following her being able to absorb energy projectiles. Please be specific, it's not that I don't believe you, I'm just a bit skeptical.

As for the wave beam passing through mirror objects, DarkDragon, I know the Wave beam can pass through walls and stuff, but I don't know about surfaces that relect stuff. I mean, the doors in Metroid prime reflected her shots if I remember correctly. Technically, alot of stuff within Metroid can outright block the Wave Beam. But I'm not sure if Mega Man has that capability.

And the Mirror Buster is not actually a mirror. It's called such because it redirects the attacks. Like looking into a relfection I guess. It isn't actually a mirror object.

Well its not that she can absorb energy projectiles (Though she can absorb energy directly), its more like she can redirect it by absorbing it into her charge beam.

Yeah, Metroid Prime 1 is not a very good example of how the Wave Beam is, Also, objects blocking the Wave Beam is a non-canon game mechanic. In the canon Manga, the Wave Beam is portrayed as being capable of phasing though various technological objects including armor, shields, barriers, ect.

Samus absorbed projectiles and redirected them in the manga as well. Also, Mega Man can only stop time for short periods and cannot attack while time is stopped. Additionally, Samus Precognition should notify Samus to activate her electro armor the same time Mega Man stops time, which makes her temporarily invincible.

Am I- Am I just a bad Metroid player? Is there actually something in Metroid that lets you absorb energy? Because I really just do not recall this at all. Is there a source or something I can check out?

Also why would Mega Man using time stop be any slimmer than Samus using her Phase Drift?

I thought that the wave beam mechanic was very inconsistent. I'm glad to see that it's just a non-canon game mechanic. As for not being able to attack in stoppped time, someone mentioned above that composite Mega Man can attack during the timestop. As for her precognition, I don't know much about that. What source should I check out for that?

cause Samus has scan visor, which lets her know what makes her opponents tick, and make sure she use the time hax much earlier than megaman can. Her precognition lets her sense incoming attacks that she couldn't see coming from not her normal senses, but her suit's senses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back