• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scan Visor gives Samus the information, but she can still mistake one power for another if he changes colors. And if he doesn't change colors she's still in for trouble. As for pre-cog, it isn't going to activate her lightning shield and she's not gonna be able to dodge if time stops moving.

Probably will be late.

As for regaining ammo, that could just be a game mechanic. It was never an ability she gained (until she upgrades it at least) or had in the first place. It just appeared. But if this is gonna be a thing in the fight (which I feel might be the case), she won't be able to use it for Aeion energy. Which is what I meant by energy earlier.

So Mega Man won't have to worry about his ammo thanks to grab buster while Samus has to conserve her Aeion abilities at the very least.

I'm thinking Mega Man takes this now.

@TheAccursedHunter01 Composite Mega Man can use other abilities during Time Stop. And if Samus uses Phase drift, a time slow ability, it will appear like she's moving fast to him liek Quick Man. He can either slow time, or stop it completely.

And due to grab buster he's gonna get his ammo back.

@dracyo his ammo coming back isn gonna matter when he's going to be frozen under a star sized ice cube and will get shattered.

But it doesn't destroy his durability. Not to mention the setting is undefined, meaning it's in New York.

Samus won't be killing innocent bystanders just to try and to hold Mega Man in place.

By that logic, Mega Man's programming prevents him from harming or killing a human. It's the reason Dr Wily survived for so long, and even Bass spars his life.

You do know that the same thing can be said for Megaman as well right, for him not going to kill innocent people. Not to mention them being in New York doesn't mean jack shit since theyre willing to kill.

"State of mind: In character, but willing to kill. The characters will employ their usual battle strategies, including flaws such as being casual, however, must be willing to kill the opponent even if they usually won't." They are willing to kill, but doesnt change their character.

Mega Man isn't bound by the laws of robotics. His profile has been updated to relfect that. And I've said before, Mega Man is reluctant to fight in the city but isn't opposed to it. From the top of my head, He's literally done that twice. Samus even fought in the city at one point in the manga.

Point is they're trying not to hurt bystanders if they can. They're willing to kill eachother, yes, but to the point they'll do it by killing everyone around them? This is still in character. They're not doing that.

But if that doesn't sit right with you, then fine. Mega Man redirects the stellar ice beam for Samus to redirect it back (cause apparently this is a thing she can do). At this point they're playing zelda ping pong. Which Mega Man can end by stopping time to harm Samus. Now Samus has been frozen in the stellar ice beam.

Mega Man can't re-direct it because her Ice Beam, Wave Beam, and Plasma Beam are all stacked and the Wave Beam phases through everything. It was shown in Zero Mission that having all three of them freezes a line of projectiles in site and literally both phases and attacks all enemies in line. So it would phase and bypass Mega Man's mirror move.

Not to mention Samus's weapons can harm characters with Spacial intangibility, which is the strongest level of intangibility, so I'm very positive that Mega Man won't be reflecting Samus's Beams given the nature and level of her intangible attacks.

His mirror buster is NOT an actual object. The energy is taken and fired right back at the opponent. It's not an actual mirror he projects in front of him that reflects moves.

So yes, he will redirect the shot. And if that doesn't sit right with you, then take the route that either character is trying not to kill everyone in sight.

Which situation do you like more?. But in the end, either they decide to destroy everything (which isn't stated), or they go with normal strategy and Mega Man ends up catching her off guard.

Mega Man's mirror attack can only deflect smaller projectiles, not Samus's Stellar AoE Beam. It's still too big for Mega Man's mirror attack to reflect it. Also, his Mirror Buster is still a shield, Another type of material that Samus's Wave Beam bypasses. So even if it's not an actual mirror, Wave Beam also phases through energy shields too so it will NOT reflect her Wave Beam.

Before I say anything else, do any of you know where I can check out the stellar feat for Samus? The link for the calc does work, but the source jt references does not anymore. I tried looking everywhere for it. Anybody got a reference to it?

@SomebodyData When do you think it'll be back? It's kind of hard to have Metroid discussions when one of the feats go missing. Is there anywhere else we can check for it?

Idk, I think the manga / comic section is the last of their list of things to finish on. However, I'm not sure why that's an issue? Stellar range is pretty cut and dry.

Yeah, Metroid Database is reorganizing everything, so the best we could probably give at the moment is a page from a free online manga reading site, but it might take a while to find. It does come from S&J though.

I don't have much time to look into it right now, exams are a pain in the butt, but once I do find the feat I'll respond based off that.

The Stellar Ice Beam feat is from Samus and Joey EX, it's technically volume 4. The feat tself is in chapter 3 I believe. Hopefully that helps narrow down your search.

Newendigo said:
I don't believe that healing items would worth something in a battle where both opponents can one-shot the other with some many haxxes.
Oh, and I will make a Mega Man CRT, so this will become outdate ;) (Laughs maniacly).
Now, I believe myself that I exaggerated on this one.

Eh, letsseefirsthowthisends.

There is a couple of problems with the Mirror Buster that I think would cause it to not be diffinitive answer against Samus. First off, as I stated in the King of Nox fight, Samus has experience fighting oppenents who can redirect attacks in the form of the Ruins Test. Secondly, the Scan Visor would have zero issues informing her about the ability and thirdly Samus had more then enough speed/reation to dodge her own reflected attacks. She is also shown to be durible enough to survive her own attack in the less durable Fusion Suit when facing the SA-X while she was still weak to Ice based attacks. Lastly, the Mirror Buster has a limited energy pool where as the Ice Beam/Wave Beam does not. The Mirror Buster is a great utility move and would definetly help, but it wouldn't be a deciding factor.

Ruin Test is kinda of a different situation, because its abilities is more about the reflection of damage taken, rather than the reflection of projectiles.

Samus being able to survive attacks from SA-X in her base Fusion suit its a outlier.

While never reflecting attacks back at Samus, some types of Zebesians, Gandrayda in her Berserker-G, the Crystallite enemy all reflect energy beams. The Elite Pirates, as well as the Phazon Elite and the Omega Pirate are also cannotically equiped with Repulsion Shields that reflect Samus's weapons, though this isn't shown in game. Lastly the Golden Torizo also grabbed and reflected her missles in their fight and threw it back at her. The overarching point I was trying to make with the Ruins Test statement is that the Mirror Buster would instantly cause Mega Man a win as she has some experience with enemies that can deflect/reflect attacks.

Also how is Samus surviving a single shot of the Ice Beam an outlier? She has show rediculous durability feats before such as swimming in an ocean of acid and pools of lava without the suit that makes her immune to that. She has also faced ice affinity enemies, the most prominent are Noxus with his Judicator which Samus has also used before and Rundas. While you cannot equate their attacks to the Ice Beam exactly, it is shown that she has some resistance to Ice weaponry from her own universe. I am sorry but I am a bit confused by that statement.

BruceTheBatman said:
Samus

-While adapted to gravity manipulation, she still isn't immune to it, and would be flung upwards by it. She's not nearly as used to low gravity as high gravity, such as that of Zebes

-Once armor starts to wear down on both sides (healing won't work fast enough for either side), Samus' focus could break down if, say, Mega Man blows off her arm since Zero Suit Samus is like Town Level

-Smaller arsenal

-Already likely physically weaker, not helped by Mega Man's strength augmentation

Mega Ma

+flight

+can increase his dura/power with fusionism

+MUCH stronger physically

+Bigger arsenal, and by extension greater versatility
This is 5-B Samus, who's outright resistant to gravity manipulation via the gravity suit.

Samus's armor can regenerate on it's own, not to mention she has more than one way to heal, via concentration and Crystal flash, the former she can do even under heavy fire.

Her arsenal is going to get bigger when one of the CRTs are done, not to mention Megaman having a wider arsenal isn't really that helpful when he doesn't know which one will work on her.

Samus has fought people who are physically stronger than her and won, the elite and Omega Pirates, Metroid Prime, Ridley, Draygon, etc.

Samus has fought beings with the ability to fly before and has won, this is nothing new to her.

Samus can bypass durability with the wave and plasma beam, so his defense augmentation isn't going to help him

I already explained how that's not gonna help him that much.

Again, the fact that he has a bigger arsenal doesn't help him when he doesn't know which one is the best weapon to use against Samus.

Okay so it seems to me that Mega Man's time manipulation isn't going to be that helpful in this fight due to Samus' precog (according to the reasons above) which I can get behind.

However, what about his other hax like the black hole weapons? What about his Centaur Flash, a dimensional distorting weapon that bypasses defenses (I think it ignores durability even) and hits everything? What about his Concrete Shot, a transmutation weapon that can turn anything into concrete? Not to mention some other noteable weapons like Astro Crush (a meteor shower) and the famous Metal Blade along with his other ceratanium blades which can cut through anything (if they can pierce and cut through her armor that is).

Forgive me if I'm mistaken since I barely know anything of Samus, but Mega Man's black hole weapons, Centaur Flash and Concrete Shot to me seem like good advantages on his side.

Samus's great gravity resistance would protect her from the Black holes, and she has resistance to transmutation iirc. The Space-Time hax is pretty useful, but I'm still leaning towards Samus for the reasons I mentioned. Samus still won against the likes of Phantoon and Gorea, so that stuff isn't too far different.

Mega Man's black holes aren't real black holes. They BFR, but Samus has great resistance to the level of suction power. She dealt with Dark Samus's wormholes I should add.

Who's to say that Mega Man's black holes aren't real? All of Mega Man's weaponry has stayed true to their name. Besides, we're talking about a series so technologically advanced that time manipulation, time travel, gravity manipulation, ancient robotic aliens, free-willed robots, mining colonies in space, teleportation devices, space-time manipulation etc. exist. Even an ancient alien supercomputer that Mega Man faced created the very concept of evil.

With that considered, it isn't far-fetched to say that the creation of black holes (even miniature ones) is possible in his universe. Even though the black holes he uses seem weird, it is fiction and a video game weapon at that so they're definitely real.

Black holes that Mega Man creates are tiny, and pretty much every black hole in fiction is a fake black hole. Also, some characters who clearly aren't High 3-A have been shown to survive Mega Man's black hole weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back