• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mega Man (Classic Series) Ability Revisions

I’m back with another Mega Man crt and I’m going to make ability revisions(additions and removals) for Proto Man, Bass, Roll and Duo. Rock is not here because he probably has enough stuff to get his own crt so I’m only going to stick with these four for now. This is going to be a long one so I used the Spoiler tag feature to separate the four characters so the op isn't just one big wall of text. With that being said, let's start.

(Non-Combat Applicable) Teleportation: He can become a beam of light to teleport in and out of areas.

Bodily Weaponry:He has an arm cannon

Attack Reflection: His Proto Shield can reflect projectiles.

Flight:He can fly using the Proto Jet

Summoning: He can summon Beat

Toon Force and Elasticity:He can recover from being crushed flat by the mad grinder

Power Mimicry:He can copy the power of defeated robots.

Weapon Creation: His variable weapon system allows him to recreate the materials or weapons needed to use copy abilities, For example, when he copies Shadow Blade his Variable Weapon System allows him to create a shuriken out of thin air.

Earth Manipulation: Via Super Arm and Power Stone

Explosion Manipulation:Via Magnet Missile and Commando Bomb

Sound Manipulation and Sound Absorption:Via Noise Crush(It allows him to launch damaging sound waves as well as absorb them)

Homing Attack(In his standard equipment tabber):Via Dive Missile(It’s a homing missile)

Air Manipulation(In his standard equipment tabber): Via Air Shooter

Resistance to Petrification: He can break out of being petrified.

Proto Man’s Absolute Zero should be removed. There are only two ice weapons in the classic series that reach AZ temperatures and Proto Man has neither. The coldest weapon he can use only reaches 200 degrees below zero.

(Non Combat Applicable)Teleportation:Bass can take the form of a beam of light and teleport in and out of areas.

Aura(explosive): He can surround his body in a green aura.

Summoning:He can summon his dog, Treble to assist him in battle

Bodily Weaponry:He has an arm cannon

Power Mimicry:Similar to Rock, Bass can copy the powers of defeated robots.

Earth Manipulation: via Super Arm and Power Stone.

Sound Manipulation and Absorption: via Noise Crush(It allows him to launch damaging sound waves as well as absorb them)

Water Manipulation(In his Standard Equipment tabber): Via Bubble Lead

Homing Attack:Via Dive Missile.

Air Manipulation: Via Tengu Blade and Air Shooter

Toon Force and Elasticity:He can recover from being crushed flat by the Mad Grinder.

Abilities granted via optional Equipment:
Information Analysis:Via the E. Analyzer and the CD Counter The E. Analyze item allows him to analyze enemy weak points and the CD counter item allows him to analyze an area to find missing CDs

Rage Power: The C.Attack item when bought grants Bass a power boost when on low health.

Intangible attacks: The Hyper Buster item grants his buster shots a low level of intangibility that allows them to fly through walls or terrain.

Absorption:The D. Absorb item allows him to absorb damage and use it to restore a little bit of his health.

Summoning: The I. Present item allows him to summon small containers that have energy capsules inside.

Bass’ AZ should be removed: Bass’ AZ comes from the Ice Wall which is a weapon that allows him to create a small wall of ice at AZ temperatures. This weapon can not be used to freeze others so it can’t negate durability. Rock’s AZ was removed for the same reason. I don’t see why Bass’ Ice Wall would be any different.

I would also like to propose a minor adjustment to his AP section. I feel Bass’ AP section should say “higher with Super Adapter” considering the fact that Bass fused with Treble(Another 5-A character) should logically be stronger than base form Bass.

Before I get to the ability stuff I want to add a piece of equipment to her profile. The Pop n Beat(Roll's Car from Mega Man Battle & Chase) should be added to her optional equipment. With the Pop N Beat, Roll would have a solid 5-A rating considering the fact that this car has a spin attack which is strong enough to harm Post Stardroid Invasion Rush(Watch the bottom screen, you can see Rush spinning out after Roll hits him)

Abilities that should be added:

Forcefield Creation and Statistics Amplification: The Yashichi allows her to create a shield that surrounds her and damages anything that comes into contact with it. It also increases her speed.

Explosion manipulation: She can create explosive mines.

Power Nullification: The Blocker item allows the user to nullify the opponent's special skill. As you can see the in the clip, when roll gets hit by the item, her special skill bar(the bar next to her portrait) gets blocked off and she can't use her special skill temporarily. Roll is capable of using this item as seen here, where she uses it on Rock and he can't fire his buster.

Transmutation: The Mine Transformer can turn enemies into land mines.

Summoning: the Lightning Bolt item allow her to summon a Kaminari Kaguro(You can see Ice Man getting hit by the item on the bottom screen), which strikes the opponent with a lightning bolt and decreases the speed of anyone hit.

Resistance to Corruption(Type 2):The Robenza virus is a virus that causes a robot infected to go berserk. Despite the fact that Roll was infected with the virus, she never went out of control and she had the virus for over a month.

Roll’s Ability removals:
This is an issue that I've seen people mention but not actually fixed yet. Why does Roll have a composite profile with abilities from non canon crossovers on it? A lot of Roll’s abilities come from either Marvel vs Capcom or Tatsunoko vs Capcom and the following abilities should be removed due to coming from non canon crossovers:
Fire Manipulation(Comes from TvC)
Healing(Comes from TvC)
Explosion Manipulation(Comes from MvC)
Energy Projection(Comes from MvC)
Air Manipulation(Comes from MvC)
Summoning(Comes from MvC)
Water Manipulation(Comes from TvC)
Fusionism(Comes from MvC)
Flight(Comes from TvC)

Resistance to Absolute Zero:This isn’t from a crossover game but I still think it’s invalid. I don’t know exactly where this comes from but I presume it comes from Mega Man Powered Up.In that game Roll can survive Ice Man’s Ice Slasher without freezing. Ice Man’s ice only reaches 200 degrees below Zero, meaning that Roll would just have a normal Ice Manipulation resistance instead of an AZ resistance

Non-Physical Interaction: He can hold energy in the palm of his hand. He does it a second time in Mega Man 2 The Power Fighters.

Clairvoyance:Duo is able to see into the minds of others and look through their memories. He is also able to sense the amount of justice an individual has.

Energy Manipulation: One of his attacks involves coating his fist in blue energy and striking the ground.

Summoning: He can summon Beat to shield him.

Teleportation: He should have it for the same reason as Proto Man and Bass.

Bodily Weaponry: He has an arm cannon

Toon Force and Elasticity:He can recover from being flattened by the Mad Grinder.

Power Mimicry:Duo can copy the powers of defeated robots. He does it multiple times throughout Mega Man 2 the power fighters.

Weapon Creation: He should have it for the same reason as Proto Man.

Water Manipulation: Via Bubble Lead

Fire Manipulation: Via Atomic Fire

Forcefield Creation: Via Plant Barrier

Noise Manipulation and Noise Absorption: Via Noise Crush(It allows him to launch damaging sound waves as well as absorb them)

Earth Manipulation:Via Power Stone and Super Arm

Electricity Manipulation: Via Thunder Beam

Homing Attack: via Dive Missile

Explosion Manipulation: Via Dive Missile and Napalm Bomb

Air Manipulation:via Air Shooter

Resistance to Radiation Manipulation: As an intergalactic space officer, Duo should have a resistance to cosmic radiations considering the fact that he constantly flies through space without harm.

Lastly, every character listed here should get Vehicular Mastery: All of them are capable of holding their own in the Battle & Chase kart racing competition, which has the drivers maneuver through multiple obstacle filled courses with stuff like sharp turns, enemies and other hazards.

That will be all for now.

Last edited:
This should be fine.

Also, I’m not even sure why the Robot Masters have Inorganic Physiology Type 2 on their pages given that they are pretty self explanatory.

Everything seems fine, not sure if the Dive Missile has been confirmed to be heat seeking.

As for Roll, I feel like this Is an important for her as a note:

"Roll's role as a protagonist in Mega Man Powered up is only a what-if scenario. As such, she lacks the combat experience she should have gotten in said game".

Everything seems fine, not sure if the Dive Missile has been confirmed to be heat seeking.
I double checked and you're right. It's only been described as a homing missile. I'll remove any mention of it being a heat seeking missile from the OP.

Agreed, definitely. I'd also like to add a few thoughts.

Though, wouldn't you say that instead of Rage Power the Counter Attacker is Damage Boost since Bass's AP is doubled only when his health is low? It's like a condition has to be met before it's activated and it doesn't seem like he's enraged when he does it.

Also, the Intang with Bass Buster is game mechanics IMO otherwise we can use the same argument for Rock and Proto's buster shots by standard and they haven't been shown to be like that in cutscenes nor does it make sense if it can hit certain solid obstacles in game. Bass's shots not going through walls is just a gimmick exclusive to him to show the difference between himself and Rock. It's the same for Rock and Proto so they can hit enemies despite the level design that may get in the way and make it annoying to play. Overall, no one's Buster shots should have intang, it's just that power-up for Bass makes him more useful gameplay wise kinda like how that one upgrade increases Bass's Buster shots from doing half damage to the same damage as Rock. It just makes him a much more pleasant experience to play as him. That's what I think anyway.

Also along with teleportation, I think everyone who can do so should have BFR. In Mega Man 4, Proto teleported himself and Kalinka to Rock and Cossack's fight to stop them. In Mega Man 3, Proto teleported Rock out of Wily Castle 3 as it was collapsing and in Mega Man 8, Proto teleported Duo out of the fight between Rock and Wily after he was injured. Also, Rock used teleportation to escape a blast from the Wily Star and he consistently uses it to escape Wily's self-destructing fortresses so him using it for this purpose and other combat related purposes isn't so far-fetched.

And lastly, if we use the arcade games, Bass should have Martial Arts for being able to use the Crescent Kick (Guile's Flash Kick) and Weapon Mastery for Proto with his shield I guess.

Yeah that's all I got.

Also, the Intang with Bass Buster is game mechanics IMO otherwise we can use the same argument for Rock and Proto's buster shots by standard and they haven't been shown to be like that in cutscenes nor does it make sense if it can hit certain solid obstacles in game. Bass's shots not going through walls is just a gimmick exclusive to him to show the difference between himself and Rock. It's the same for Rock and Proto so they can hit enemies despite the level design that may get in the way and make it annoying to play. Overall, no one's Buster shots should have intang, it's just that power-up for Bass makes him more useful gameplay wise kinda like how that one upgrade increases Bass's Buster shots from doing half damage to the same damage as Rock. It just makes him a much more pleasant experience to play as him. That's what I think anyway.
I don't think it can just be written off as game mechanics considering the fact that the item's description explicitly states that it allows Bass' shots to pass through walls. Mega Man and Proto Man's situation is different because they don't have an in universe statement mentioning the shots passing through walls, unlike Bass who does.

I don't think it can just be written off as game mechanics considering the fact that the item's description explicitly states that it allows Bass' shots to pass through walls. Mega Man and Proto Man's situation is different because they don't have an in universe statement mentioning the shots passing through walls, unlike Bass who does.
That's true, but there's been other similar upgrades that blur the line between gameplay and actuality. For example, that one power-up about Rock having spare bodies (in-game extra lives) that have never been stated anywhere, upgrades that increase the drop rate of currency from fallen enemies, the upgrade that increases ladder-climbing speed and the exit upgrade that allows them to leave stages. Upgrades like these are undoubtedly exclusive to gameplay purposes and seem absurd for actuality unlike upgrades that focus on durability and AP boosts. The Hyper Buster upgrade seems like it's one of these, I mean don't you think it's strange that Bass has an intangible buster shot statement yet Rock and Proto don't despite them blatantly doing so?

Also other things. Don't forget upgrades like Super Armor that reduces damage taken by half. That should be Statistics Reduction maybe since it decreases enemy damage when the player is hit by their attack. Or maybe Statistics Amp idk.

Oh and info analysis is further backed up by Super Adventure Rockman when Rock inserts disc into his buster to read them (Bass should be the same since he's based off of his design) and possibly Mega Man & Bass since they both read the discs collected throughout the stages themselves.

That's true, but there's been other similar upgrades that blur the line between gameplay and actuality. For example, that one power-up about Rock having spare bodies (in-game extra lives) that have never been stated anywhere, upgrades that increase the drop rate of currency from fallen enemies, the upgrade that increases ladder-climbing speed and the exit upgrade that allows them to leave stages. Upgrades like these are undoubtedly exclusive to gameplay purposes and seem absurd for actuality unlike upgrades that focus on durability and AP boosts.
I don't think it's a fair comparison to equate stuff like lives and enemy drops(stuff that is clearly game mechanics) to a buster upgrade that shouldn't be different from any other.
The Hyper Buster upgrade seems like it's one of these, I mean don't you think it's strange that Bass has an intangible buster shot statement yet Rock and Proto don't despite them blatantly doing so?
Aside from the fact that Bass has a different creator than Mega Man and Proto Man, Bass was also developed with Bassnium. It wouldn't be too far-fetched to assume that Bass has abilities that Mega Man and Proto Man don't have. Especially since Bass has displayed abilities that Rock and Proto don't have like the ability to surround himself with a green aura or the ability to levitate on his own.
Also other things. Don't forget upgrades like Super Armor that reduces damage taken by half. That should be Statistics Reduction maybe since it decreases enemy damage when the player is hit by their attack. Or maybe Statistics Amp idk.
I don't think that the Super Armor lowers the strength of any enemy in the vicinity like you're suggesting it does. I'm pretty sure the armor would either be Damage Reduction, or it's just better armor that grants the wearer higher durability.

Last edited:
Back