• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Medaka Box and NPI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is probably not going to go down to well but, Ajimu is described as non-existant/non-corporeal many times in the story and yet Kumagawa/Iihiko could interract with her with their abilities (Bookmaker and Irreversable destruction respectivley)

My proposal is that Medaka/Iihiko/Kumagawa should have limited NPI with their abilities.

I cannot find any scans to support this but it seems pretty straight forward to me (Ajimu is described on her profile to have non-existance/non-corporeal already)

I can see this post going no where lol.

Iihiko can already ignore defensive abilities so that includes a non-corporeal existence. Book Maker is also capable of bypassing defensive hax as well, but if you want that listed then go ahead.

By the way, I don't recall it ever being directly stated but it is shown and implied

The Causality said:
YuriAkuto said:
Never saw a single line saying Ajimu being non-existant or non-corporal in the whole series.
Because she isn't
People think that "born from void before existence" is a proof of Non-Corporeality or Non-existence but it isn't
Indeed true, at best she could get Acauslity Type 1, to me.

Type 1: Time Paradox Immunity: Characters with this type of Acausality are rendered immune to changes in the past and standard temporal paradoxes, but remain just as vulnerable in the present and can be affected by normal Causality Manipulation and similar abilities.

Looks good, since she altered time for Zenkichi's training without being affected.

If she altered times, I don't think it scaled to Acausality since we gave characters resitance to their abilities unless they shown or have resistance feats or statements.

I would only give her Acausality Type 1 if she was born from void before existence.

She has many abilities that provide her with non-existance. She even has an ability that lets her turn into a ghost.

Iapitus The Impaler said:
YuriAkuto said:
Never saw a single line saying Ajimu being non-existant or non-corporal in the whole series.
We either take it that she is non-corporeal, or take it that she is 3-A.
The second one is more logical than her being non-corporeal when it never was said anywhere.

Someone should probably contact Ant for this. He is knowledgeable on Medaka Box and also the one backing most of the policy regarding the series so his opinion will be incredibly valuable here

1 question btw.

When ajimu died she turned into a hologram and gave Kumagawa Hundred gauntlets, unskilled and the msg for Medaka. Didn't kuma physically interact with that ajimu by flipping her skirt and stuff? I'll find scans, gimmie a sec.

It was never stated to be non-corporeal. The fact that she can hurt Kumagawa and that the latter can interact with her proves that it was corporeal rather than Kumagawa having NPI

D1EED1C0-91F6-4F76-9F44-0C16FA8F2C03

Medaka and her mom is a different case. The two only talk to each other, and we're not even sure if it was Medaka's actual mother who was talking.

We are def gonna need Mod input here (even then I doubt this goes through) although it seems weird because we have already accepted Ajimu as non-corp as it's mentioned twice on her profile

TriforcePower1 said:
Medaka and her mom is a different case. The two only talk to each other, and we're not even sure if it was Medaka's actual mother who was talking.
We at least know that much though, that it was her mother. She even states "im so proud to have given birth to you". And it was heavily implied they could interact https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-g6wzeNI76WQ/UQG88CiBn8I/AAAAAAAAYyU/ZGs331P7uxo/s0/006.png from the fact that Medaka's mom was going to hand her the flowers which Medaka then refused.

Why? Ant might just close it, I just thought it would be more accurate on their profiles considering Ajimu's already has it.

Najimi could have used any number of her trillions of abilities to avoid the Big Bang. She could have moved to or been in another plane of existence for all that we know.

Look, I personally think that she is 1-B, but we know too little about her to set a tier.

In addition, just because one of her powers is to turn into an idea, doesn't mean that she does not generate a physical body to interact with others.

Yeah I don't want to give Ajimu a tier either, I'm just curious why we describe her as non-corp/non-existant and then don't give NPI to people who have interracted with her. She either shouldn't have non-corp/non-existance or Medaka/Iihiko/Kuma should get limited NPI.

Look, just because she can turn incorporeal doesn't mean that the body that she manifests isn't physical.

No problem.

What are you referring to about the scan? She basically created an A.I. recording of herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back