• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mechikabura downgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to specify that he naturally starts with an aura as he transforms and upon entering that TPU state, until he suppresses it later and stops, so for the sake of a battle it would be active at the start unless OP specifies otherwise, since that would inevitably come up on how it functions.
I have some issues. Anime doesen't start the him absorbing the Black Hole, so is like that he later activated it.

Arcade doesen't help since is just too vague on that part.

It would still be "likely passive" still, but yes we should clarify it would start activated under normal circumstances either way.

Well when we see him for the first time in anime his aura is already present, and during transformation he would be emanating his aura to, in general energy emanates from a fighter when they are powered up in DB and not suppressed, so unless you start him suppressed his aura should be active at the start imo.

It would still be "likely passive" still, but yes we should clarify it would start activated under normal circumstances either way.
Let's sum a bit:
  • Manga: Clearly not passive, he created a Black Hole to absorb
  • Anime: Shows him having an aura which is likely related to absorption, but we don't see if he had that immediately after that he absorbed the black hole
  • Arcade: Doesen't show nothing visually, making it unusable.
Well, we can't have a proof of him already starting with Aura, and the other medias don't support such, heck the manga even says otherwise about this, so Mechi doesen't start with aura since 2 of the medias don't say anything on the sort and the last media says that he doesen't start with it.

I would argue the anime does show he has his aura from the first time we see him in TPU form, even at rest and before he powers up or moves it is present, and also in general DB characters have an aura upon transforming, the only reason they wouldn't is because they are actively suppressing or controlling it, so I think its unlikely that he would start suppressed and without his power emanating in his TPU form.

So I would personally have him start with said aura like is shown unless OP specifies otherwise.

He never uses the absorption in the anime in the first place, so it's unlikely that his aura was supposed to be how he did it.

At best we have a dubious implication from a dubious source, and a more reliable source that contradicts it.

I would argue the anime does show he has his aura from the first time we see him in TPU form, even at rest and before he powers up or moves it is present, and also in general DB characters have an aura upon transforming, the only reason they wouldn't is because they are actively suppressing or controlling it, so I think its unlikely that he would start suppressed and without his power emanating in his TPU form.

So I would personally have him start with said aura like is shown unless OP specifies otherwise.
Likely true, but we still see him expanding said aura to use the absorption property tho, as we don't see everything being sucked in with the "regular aura".

He never uses the absorption in the anime in the first place, so it's unlikely that his aura was supposed to be how he did it.

At best we have a dubious implication from a dubious source, and a more reliable source that contradicts it.
Plus this to further support my point

Well they do directly imply the aura is what "enveloped everything in darkness" when showing it in relation to the scene, which is explained more as the absorption of history in arcade. Manga clearly follows different events though in regard to the absorption from arcade and anime.

Anyway, no point in repeating ourselves. I think we have analyzed the content as much as reasonably possible.

I would recommend "likely passive" or "possibly passive" absorption based on anime and implications from arcade, which should be active from the start at rest, although he does expand it for sure.

HDM should be added.

Gonna wait to see if Ultima can clarify standards for HDE.

Well they do directly imply the aura is what "enveloped everything in darkness" when showing it in relation to the scene
We don't even see the aura absorbing tho? He expands it, with him being hit from a blast which explodes normally on him without being absorbed.

On the Absorption being passive; I am neutral. Higher-Dimensional Existence, while I am neutral, might be legit. In the past thread on the topic, Kepekley23 and others did bring good that histories absorbed indeed part Mechikabura's body like in here not just some form of absorption.

I don't think using other pages as evidence are proper arguments. Sometimes, pages tend to be outdated or have widely different contexts for the feats which can make them inapplicable to the thread's contexts, from what I saw.

1. Chronoa did said that the void inside Mechi was a space-time(the source someone else already up in page 1), and what we saw in the manga that the Time Patrol when inside the Black Hole, the void is endless which is infinite, though you guy could said that this is NLF and headcanon. So atleast with Chronoa statement the blackhole itself is legit 4-d construct.
2. Like some others said, history and time still intact inside the void, appeared as some kind of fog. Unless we assume that Chronoa is unreliable informant.

About Absorption, i remember that, the moment the Black Hole appear, it immediately sucking the multiverse. So the black hole itself is passive. But well, thing get weird with manga all and all, so it is likely that Mechi could.....well....turn off Black Hole absorption. I don't know if there is any case of passive turning off out there so i'm agree with possibly passive thing.

Also like SSjRyu said, Mechi could manipulating the void inside him, and the void is time and history still intact, HDM is likely the case

My personal suggestion, for an even more conservative end, is to correlate Aura and Absorption, as it's like the various ""passives"" of Nen, which are activated when Aura is on.
Something that has to be activated, like the aura, is by default not passive.

So what are the conclusions here so far?
Generally:
  • Ottavio, Dominodalek and Ned agree with both HDE and Absorption being passive being a no
  • AKM and DDM agree with absorption not being passive
  • Anyone except SSJRyu agrees with me on both HDE and Absorption being passive being a no
  • Higher Dimensional Manipulation and Black Hole Creation will be put in correlation with the new Absorption
  • New scan for the Type 3 and 8 immortality will be used

Okay. Thank you for the information. What AKM and Medeus have accepted can probably be applied.

I agree with the absorption not being passive and removing HDE. Absorbing timelines certainly means he has 4D power, but not that his body is necessarily 4D in itself.

After hearing Elizhaa's response, I'm also more neutral by the way. I will know SSJRyu makes good points.

Ultima said on their profile:

Depends. If he absorbs them and they become extensions of his physical body in the process, then, yeah, but if they're just dumped in a pocket dimension inside of him (Or something similar), then, no.

And is pretty much the latter, since literally nothing says that nor the Black Hole he absorbed was 4D, nor that Mechikabura became the dimension with the timelines that has inside of him.

Aka is just Higher Dimensional Manipulation and nuff else.

It is probably fine to apply them. Should we only unlock the Mechikabura page, or are any other ones required?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back