• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mechikabura downgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
The argument for passive absorption was that the black hole was the swirly thing on Mechikabura's chest, and as black holes passively absorb, Mechikabura has the ability while in the form. From the final manga issue alone, that would seem to be true, since we see the characters pulled directly out of Mechikabura's chest... but the issue before shows the black hole as a separate thing, so that clearly isn't true.

I believe people have been assuming the black hole to be the "Chaos Ball" he previously nuked the multiverse with, because otherwise it makes his absorption rather unimpressive.
Thing is that the absorption starts after a whole while in manga, in the arcade it doesen't seem passive either since it didn't absorb them all immediately, but after what was likely Mechikabura's quote about "disappear in the darkness".

i was told that in the game the battle with TPU mechi starts and the absorbtion is already active , hence why the passive , smtg that isn't the case in the manga
Uhm:

Mechikaboola: Let me show you! The true value… of this discovered power of Time!!

(Mechikaboola absorbs the black hole’s energy and transforms.)

Mechikaboola: This… I’ll swallow all of the light with this. With my dark demon power!

Though you may be Demon gods, I no longer have any need for all of you… Disappear in the all-consuming darkness…!

Towa: Ku… I can’t escape…! Mira! Take Fin and get out of here…!

Kaioshin of Time: Trunks! I’m going to use Toki Toki! Everyone, come by my side!

Mechikaboola: With this, all will end… Fufufu… FUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Nothing here implies he does with mere presence, because they didn't get immediately absorbed, but only after the Disappear in the all-consuming darkness…! quote.
I already quoted the arcade version

I already quoted the arcade version
yeah as soon as he absorbs the black hole , everything gets absorbed with him right ? that's what i got from that , and ntg abt that proves that the absorbtion isn't passive , it just won't activate until he absorbs the black hole and become TPU MECHI , which is irrelevant anyway cuz in VS matches he starts with the black hole already in him , making it passive by default

yeah as soon as he absorbs the black hole , everything gets absorbed with him right ?
No, the dialogue is too vague to justify that, is more that Mechikabura activates said absorption properies due of the dialogue.
that's what i got from that , and ntg abt that proves that the absorbtion isn't passive , it just won't activate until he absorbs the black hole and become TPU MECHI , which is irrelevant anyway cuz in VS matches he starts with the black hole already in him , making it passive by default
The dialogue, as I said, contradicts such.

The speed of the absorption happening is irrelevant, it could be argued that it just took a few seconds for the characters to be absorbed. The bigger issue is that the manga shows that the black hole is separate to the form, thus he has to actively summon it, thus it isn't a passive ability.

if anything the dialogue supports it , he absorbs the blackhole and the next thing you see towa getting absorbed aswell , the way i see it , it's too vague to support a downgrade
They got absorbed only after Mechikabura's monologue tho

On the first glance the proposed removal of passive absorption and HDE looks fine.I dont understand how absorbing black hole which can consume space and time exactly means HDE so far I am agreeing with this thread

The speed of the absorption happening is irrelevant, it could be argued that it just took a few seconds for the characters to be absorbed. The bigger issue is that the manga shows that the black hole is separate to the form, thus he has to actively summon it, thus it isn't a passive ability.
also this , if u want to yeet the passive so bad then ur better off using the manga , which as you all know is quite different than game when u look at the overall dark demon realm saga

Passive Absorption and HDE do seem erroneous based on what I’ve read, so I agree with the removals

Last edited:
Wouldn't that just be the range. The black hole is growing.
ntg proves it's not passive , towa could've just been getting absorbed as he was monologuing , his avatar didn't do any gesture suggesting he activated it , he just talked and towa got absorbed

he's just standing there talking while towa was getting absorbed , if he had to do smtg then they would've at least made his avatar do a hand gesture or smtg
Headcanon, the arcade was always pretty vague about movements and this isn't an exception. We see that the absorption only after that Mechkabura finished talking, so the safest bet without violating Occam's Razor is him activating the Black Hole.
he's just standing there talking while towa was getting absorbed , if he had to do smtg then they would've at least made his avatar do a hand gesture or smtg
Thought-based hax is a thing. Next?
Wouldn't that just be the range. The black hole is growing.
It was already absorbing space-time so moot point.

towa could've just been getting absorbed as he was monologuing
It was after the monologue, stop distrorting basic dialogues to fit your headcanon

Also, as said before, manga can be used as it doesen't contradict the arcade script, and how's Mechikabura using a "Dark Ball" to absorb anything contradicting the arcade when it could happen during the monologue, especially when, as said, the Arcade script is vague asf about movements, so him having to create constructs to absorb isn't contradictory to the arcade script.

I'm fine with the removal of HDE.

For the absorption, all I know from the game is that he absorbed a black hole that was passively absorbing space-time and when he absorbed the black hole into himself he started to absorb anything (I'm not sure on this,but I think the absorption stopped after he absorbed the whole multiverse),while the manga one clearly isn't passive. So I honestly don't know what to do here.

Also, as said before, manga can be used as it doesen't contradict the arcade script
if u wanna play this game then no , in the manga mechi was already in TPU waaay before he absorbed everything and in the game he did it as soon as he transformed , there u go contradicted , now u should stop
It was after the monologue, stop distrorting basic dialogues to fit your headcanon
Who's being rude now

Headcanon, the arcade was always pretty vague about movements and this isn't an exception. We see that the absorption only after that Mechkabura finished talking, so the safest bet without violating Occam's Razor is him activating the Black Hole.
No gesture equals no activation , whenever he would do smtg they'd show him raise his hand as u can see in the video above , even tho u completely ignored this detail you don't see me acusing u of twisting the narrative to fit ur headcanon

and in the game he did it as soon as he transformed , there u go contradicted , now u should stop
It started absorbing after the freaking monologue, what's so hard to understand.
No gesture equals no activation , whenever he would do smtg they'd show him raise his hand as u can see in the video above , even tho u completely ignored this detail you don't see me acusing u of twisting the narrative to fit ur headcanon
As told already before, about movements the Arcade Script is extremely vague, and nothing of it contradicts the manga.

if u wanna play this game then no , in the manga mechi was already in TPU waaay before he absorbed everything and in the game he did it as soon as he transformed , there u go contradicted , now u should stop
Different circumstances, nothing says he couldn't have gone TPU without the black hole in the arcade if he had absorbed the Demon Gods prior.

The gestures aren't there to show him performing actions, the arcade doesn't do that.

Everybody please calm down. This is not important enough to get upset about.

It started absorbing after the freaking monologue, what's so hard to understand.
he didn't do any gesture , what's so hard to understand THAT
As told already before, about movements the Arcade Script is extremely vague
when he absorbed the blackhole into himself he raised his hand , literally 3 secs later when he absorbs everyone else he does no gesture , so u can't just assume he did smtg to activate it because ur own headcanon, especially since we know that the black whole was passively absorbing space times before , so no your argument doesn't work , you have more evidence supporting it being passive than not
, and nothing of it contradicts the manga.
i just showed u how the manga was contradicted but let's pretend u didn't see it

he didn't do any gesture , what's so hard to understand THAT

when he absorbed the blackhole into himself he raised his hand , literally 3 secs later when he absorbs everyone else he does no gesture , so u can't just assume he did smtg to activate it because ur own headcanon, especially since we know that the black whole was passively absorbing space times before , so no your argument doesn't work , you have more evidence supporting it being passive than not

i just showed u how the manga was contradicted but let's pretend u didn't see it
I already told how the Arcade works, so did Dominodalek, if you wanna continue stonewalling then sure.

i said what i have to say , it's up to Dominodalek and Ottavio_Merluzzo to decide on which interpretation is more valid .
Both of them agree with me:
Different circumstances, nothing says he couldn't have gone TPU without the black hole in the arcade if he had absorbed the Demon Gods prior.

The gestures aren't there to show him performing actions, the arcade doesn't do that.
I agree with the OP then, unless someone brings up other arguments

when he absorbed the blackhole into himself he raised his hand , literally 3 secs later when he absorbs everyone else he does no gesture
He performs the exact same gesture twice before during regular conversations during that mission alone, it's just for emphasis.

rip Dragon Ball Viability in 2-A

Agreed, though. I always did think that it was a little weird for it to be seen as passive. It's quick to activate, sure, but not passive.

In this case, should we also remove Fusion Zamasu's Higher-Dimensional Existence since he and Mechikabura have it for the same reason (Merging with 4-D constructs; Zamasu with the universe and Mechikabura with the black hole)?

In this case, should we also remove Fusion Zamasu's Higher-Dimensional Existence since he and Mechikabura have it for the same reason (Merging with 4-D constructs; Zamasu with the universe and Mechikabura with the black hole)?
False equivalence as Mechikabura didn't merge but absorb, also Black Hole being 4D was already debunked, so moot point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back