• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaReaperMan

Bronze Supporter
Nice big can O worms.

So. Here's the thing. 6-C comes from a blink-and-youll-miss-it 5 Gigaton statement on Thanos's snap. Thanos himself was severely injured by it (lost the use of the entire arm) and Thor would've only tanked at most 50% of the blast.

Now then, the only person who tanked the full blast lost the usage of an arm because it was skinned damn near to the bone. That's a pretty heavy downscale to the point where they'd drop into High 7-A+. It's only .7 Gigatons away after all.

Nice big can O worms.

So. Here's the thing. 6-C comes from a blink-and-youll-miss-it 5 Gigaton statement on Thanos's snap. Thanos himself was severely injured by it (lost the use of the entire arm) and Thor would've only tanked at most 50% of the blast.

Now then, the only person who tanked the full blast lost the usage of an arm because it was skinned damn near to the bone. That's a pretty heavy downscale to the point where they'd drop into High 7-A+. It's only .7 Gigatons away after all.
Two things wrong in the case of Thanos:

1. He was already mortally wounded by Stormbreaker before his first snap

2. It took 2 snaps to actually cripple Thanos and bring him near death.

An "At most 6-C" rating seems much better.

Two things wrong in the case of Thanos:

1. He was already mortally wounded by Stormbreaker before his first snap

2. It took 2 snaps to actually cripple Thanos and bring him near death.

An "At most 6-C" rating seems much better.
1. I accounted for that by actually not mentioning it, I only mentioned that an entire arm got pretty much skinned to the bone

2. Ah, my bad then, point still stands however, if not as strong

I'd prefer a "At least High 7-A, at most 6-C" rating in that case

1. I accounted for that by actually not mentioning it, I only mentioned that an entire arm got pretty much skinned to the bone

2. Ah, my bad then, point still stands however, if not as strong

I'd prefer a "At least High 7-A, at most 6-C" rating in that case
That'd work for Thor, but Thanos and Captain Marvel should definitely retain their 6-C rating. Seeing as the first Snap wasn't enough to bother Thanos that much even with a big axe in his chest, but it was the second snap that permanently put him out of business.

Also the whole skinning thing happened post-second snap. First snap only left some severe burn marks but Thanos was able to use his left hand to escape just fine.

Last edited:
Two 5 Gigaton hits skinned Thanos's arm nearly to the bone. I think scaling only to 6-C is off the table. I stand my ground on Thanos and Captain Marvel scaling to "At least High 7-A, at most 6-C"

Though Impress thinks it's an outlier and shouldn't be used, that is a can of worms I am definitely not equipped to handle.

I don't think this isn't the best moment to make a revision of the verse. There are multiple feats that need to be calculated and evaluated at the moment, like some new feats of the series What If that would scale to the main verse too. The one that I can think of at the moment are Captain Marvel having the power of ten nuclear bombs with her punches, her punching Thor to another Continent and most of all her dragging Ultron to the center of Xandar.

Two 5 Gigaton hits skinned Thanos's arm nearly to the bone. I think scaling only to 6-C is off the table. I stand my ground on Thanos and Captain Marvel scaling to "At least High 7-A, at most 6-C"

Though Impress thinks it's an outlier and shouldn't be used, that is a can of worms I am definitely not equipped to handle.
Again, the first snap wasn't what actually skinned Thanos's arm, it was the second snap that did the most damage. Thanos and Cap Marvel would get an "At most 6-C" rating while the rest get the "At least High 7-A, at most 6-C" rating.

Regarding what Impress thinks of it, I disagree, that feat is Thanos's selling point, not to mention the 6-B cap for MCU where Surtur dies to Asgard blowing up. Removing it is out of the question. Only way that feat could've become an outlier is if it exceeded the Asgard explosion, but it's nowhere near close enough.

I'm 99% sure that scales actually to nobody.

Just because a feat is a characters selling point doesn't mean we can scale them to it willy nilly. If the second snap dealt thst much damage to Thanos I'd question the consistency of the snap AP in the first place. Which means that Thanos had an arm skinned to the bone to a single 5 Gigaton attack, IE "At most High 7-A, at most 6-C" is the best call

Also Impress thinks most of the MCU is wanked on the wiki, so I wouldn't worry about that.

I'm 99% sure that scales actually to nobody.

Just because a feat is a characters selling point doesn't mean we can scale them to it willy nilly. If the second snap dealt thst much damage to Thanos I'd question the consistency of the snap AP in the first place. Which means that Thanos had an arm skinned to the bone to a single 5 Gigaton attack, IE "At most High 7-A, at most 6-C" is the best call
Maybe consider the fact that snapping humans away is an easier and less energetic task than reducing the Infinity Stones to atoms which contain immense cosmic power?

How is the MCU wanked? I see it only getting downplayed here honestly. I won't be surprised if people are able to downplay even Ultron eating a galaxy and make him an High 7-A character despite that.
I'm pretty sure that Ultron scales to like, nobody but whoever the guy he mainly fought was.
Maybe consider the fact that snapping humans away is an easier and less energetic task than reducing the Infinity Stones which contain immense cosmic power?
Which one was 5 Gigatons however, the first or the second? Id agree with scaling if it's the first snap that was 5 Gigatons and the second snap just Massively upscaled.

Maybe consider the fact that snapping humans away is an easier and less energetic task than reducing the Infinity Stones which contain immense cosmic power?
Yeah, this is something that I never see brought up. I don't think the snap itself is what damaged Thanos so severely, at least not fully. I think destroying the stones played a big role in that tbh. Surely reducing 6 cosmic stones that are essentially universal constants to atoms would have a bigger bang than dusting half of lifeforms in the universe.

I'm pretty sure that Ultron scales to like, nobody but whoever the guy he mainly fought was.

Which one was 5 Gigatons however, the first or the second? Id agree with scaling if it's the first snap that was 5 Gigatons and the second snap just Massively upscaled.
First one, obviously. The second one isn't even measured.

Why are we even making a downscale if that made such a damage? That's like downscaling humans to tigers because they can take attacks from them with "only heavy injuries but not dying".

Why are we even making a downscale if that made such a damage? That's like downscaling humans to tigers because they can take attacks from them with "only heavy injuries but not dying".
Apparently the second snap, the one that ****** Thanos up good, has no value and it was measuring the first one which didn't even phase the Mad Titan

Again, it's only the first snap that generated 5 gigatons and only gave Thanos's left arm burns here and there but was mostly fine and he himself was more or less unfazed by it (Remember, he was already mortally wounded by Stormbreaker lodged in his chest so he'd have been in better shape if he Snapped before getting hit by Thor). The second snap was a lot more powerful owing to the fact that he outright snapped away the stones to atoms which'd be a lot more energetic, and that was the one that almost put Thanos out of his misery.

Getting wounded in the chest =/= a wound in the arm.
It's still painful to say the least and the blood loss wouldn't have done Thanos any favors, not with Thor pushing it into him to make him suffer.

But regardless, conclusion is this: Only the First Snap was measured to be 5.2 gigatons and it didn't do much to the Mad Titan's left arm, it was the second snap that did a real good number on him where it took out not just his arm but also the entire left side of his body.

Well, yeah, but being wounded in the chest like that has no effect on how an arm is injured

Yeah but, that would still weird because we don't make downscaling from stuff that heavily damages you despite you're not dead. I mean, I'd put Thanos to High 7-A+ still for upscaling from Hulk and Thor without Mjornir, not because of some weird downscaling.

Yeah but, that would still weird because we don't make downscaling from stuff that heavily damages you despite you're not dead. I mean, I'd put Thanos to High 7-A+ still for upscaling from Hulk and Thor without Mjornir, not because of some weird downscaling.
It only burned his arm here and there. That ain't heavy damage from 5 Gigatons.

Uhhhhhhh, the first Snap didn't heavily damage him, it's the second snap that did. The scenes in Infinity War and Endgame are pretty blatant on this.

Again, the second snap is unquantifiable. It's never stated to be on par with the first snap. And I'm pretty that on its own. It's likely that the second snap would take more energy than the first one.

I was about to make a 6-C MCU CRT. Talk about inconvenience smh

So, should I contact a mod to close this thread? Or do y'all wanna tackle the downscaling of guys not-named-Thanos-or-Captain-Marvel in this one?
Just make it seperate. I'm still writing that kne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back