• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Given that the Soul Stone can affect souls it should be able to counter Soul Manipulation, and Thanos is very resistant physically.

It has no such feats though so it doesn't. Even if we say RC isn't a factor, Yhwach one shots since Thanos doesn't use his hax properly.

in the MCU , the gauntlet need to be closed to use the stone no ? beside for the snap at least .

Reiatsu crush is passive so thanos os dead before he can even think to close it .

stomp for yhwach

but i didn't saw endgame so the gauntlet specs might have changed.

No, Thanos doesn't resist soul-hax anymore than he resists mind-hax via the mind stone. It's a pretty baseless assumption that that he would resist the properties of a certain stone despite never showcasing this in any instance.

As it stands, This is a stomp in Yhwach's favor.

Not really stomp considering Thanos has multiple ways to win, he is just dumb. Swap it for base Yhwach and nothing changes.

Thanos used the soul stone to remove Doctor Strange soul in Infinity War. Thanos could change reality to where reiatsu crush doesn't affect him. I see many bleach-verse fans talking about feats for Thanos when Yhwach is all hype base on statements with almost any feats of his own.

EDIT: wrong stone lol

he may not have used it but its abilities shouldnt be much diffrent from the comics (significantly less powerful but similar powers and abilities.) and for its range and power it should scale to the other stones he did use.

When does Thanos ever remove Doctor Strange's soul? And even if he could rewrite reality to nullify reiatsu (And that's a big if), Yhwach's spirit pressure is passive and would still soul-crush Thanos before he could do anything to counter it.

And reiatsu crush isn't really overhype since weaker characters can also do this canonically.

Dzhindzholia said:
He didn't pull the soul.

He just returned the clones to the original.
Can you prove that? Doctor Strange enters his body after Thanos pulls it out. Doctor Strange clones wouldn't look like his soul did in Doctor Strange. PLUS, you can see the SOUL STONE in Thanos gauntlet been used.

I think you are exxagerating with this feat.

For me it looked like Strange's soul got staggered a bit,it didn't look like Thanos deliberately tried to pull Strange's soul out,it was probably the side effect of him using the stone to destroy the clones and finding the orginal.

Pretty sure that was just an effect of destroying the clones (Unless you're saying Doctor Strange cloned his soul). And in regards to Bazz-B, wouldn't that just be a feat of soul-hax resistance? That Thanos wouldn't scale from anyway? You still also have to prove that he resists soul-hax with Yhwach's potency.

And people who argue for Thanos; please don't scale his abilities to his comic book counterpart. We have no idea how the soul stone functions in the MCU or if Thanos even knows it's abilities beyond being a stone to complete the gauntlet.

Yhwach almighty says no u to everything Thanos can ever hope to do. He kills Thanos or absorbs him and takes the gauntlet for himself.

...... uh, Amlad? He doesn't have the Almighty. It was specifically restricted. Not sure why RC wasn't as well but what can you do?

I mean, reiatsu crush is soul-hax and a part of his own natural abilities. I don't think it's allowed to restrict abilities that don't result in a tier jump. Regardless, Thanos still gets soul crushed before he can do anything.

He already restricted Almighty while sticking Yhwach in his physically strongest tier. This already can't be added so there is clearly no point in leaving the passive win while removing an active one.

Pretty sure if we followed that logic any match where a character has passive hax would have them restricted to make it fair. But as far as I'm aware, we don't do that.

Not saying that this isn't a stomp. It is, as are the matches I described above. But we can't really restrict abilities if that's the case.

Though I could be wrong.

• Thanos used Soul Stone + Power Stone against Doctor Strange. We see that his soul was pulled from his body. It was his soul since that's how his soul actually looked in Doctor Strange, wherever or not all the souls of his clones returned to the original body is unimportant.
  • People be like - "Is not Soul Manipulation!"

Ignoring the fact we apparently used to do that before my time here, my point is that Yhwach is already having his shit that usually lets him stomp restricted so restricting a passive win of his makes perfect sense when it also makes it a stomp.

I'm not against it, I'm just pointing out something I noticed in several matches. Well, without Soul crush his only other immediate win-con is supposedly wiping Thanos from existence with Yamamoto's Bankai.

I'll wait for more knowledgeable members to comment.

Off the top of my head still can't see how Thanos takes this. Seems like a win for Yhwach either way

This is just what I found on Yhwach's page so I'm not exactly knowledgeable on the mechanism for erasure beyond knowing that it involves flames.

Poor Thanos.

Back