• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically this. If there's a tech manual that states "The beams are light speed" or "Vision's energy blasts can cover 10 miles in under half a second" or something like that, you could use that speed to get a rating.

As an example of this currently Madara from Naruto has a speed rating to reacting to an attack with a stated SoL speed. You can therefore get a speed from that reaction, since the object attacking him has that set speed.
Okay I understand so then in which case you would calc any reactions using the actual set speed and that's how you would go about scaling reactions if it's applicable

Because that's calc stacking. Unless we have a set base speed to work from, both the feat and the reaction must occur in the same scene or its calc stacking.

Iron Man's wrist laser has a set speed of light speed. His repulsors have varying speeds and rely on power scaling. You could use the first to calc a speed rating but you could not use the second.
Ok then can we not get a set based speed from examing his other beam firing scene’s?

Ok then can we not get a set based speed from examing his other beam firing scene’s?
Not under our calc stacking system. If you can't find a source for a base speed, the beam's speed must be calced in the same scene to get a rating for whoever is reacting.

Or in other words if you want to calc Glaive blocking the beam you would need to find the beam's speed as well in that scene. Which may not be possible.

But if you have a set speed then you just plug that one in.

Not under our calc stacking system. If you can't find a source for a base speed, the beam's speed must be calced in the same scene to get a rating for whoever is reacting.

Or in other words if you want to calc Glaive blocking the beam you would need to find the beam's speed as well in that scene. Which may not be possible.

But if you have a set speed then you just plug that one in.
So even if said character was clearly bloodlusted and was using everything at there desposal to there fullest you still wouldn’t be allowed to calc stack regardless of in-universe reasons?

calc stack regardless of in-universe reasons?
Yes. Well yes with a singular small caveat. If there is some official calc or officially backed number, I would assume you could use that anywhere as long as its not really weird. All of our calcs, no matter how good or how used, are ultimately a fan estimation of something. We can't apply that fan assumption to everything in the story, because its not official.

Yes. Well yes with a singular small caveat. If there is some official calc or officially backed number, I would assume you could use that anywhere as long as its not really weird. All of our calcs, no matter how good or how used, are ultimately a fan estimation of something. We can't apply that fan assumption to everything in the story, because its not official.
So essential this couldn't even be listed as a supporting feat for visions profile in regard to one of the speeds of him firing his beam? Like not scaling anyone to it just a raw speed calc for the beam in this instance, it still can't be listed?
Well as a basic overview I guess
Assuming of course, they were in the dead center of town and fired at the longest possible distance. Other ratings will dump you down to single or low double digit mach.

So essential this couldn't even be listed as a supporting feat for visions profile in regard to one of the speeds of him firing his beam?
Oh no the pseudo-calc I made is usable as a speed rating. Just that you couldn't use it to calc a speed from Glaive reflecting the beam in IW or White Vision reacting to it in another scene of the show for example. Scaling people who block the beam or dodge it to the speed would still be usable. You just couldn't get a number from it other than "Scales to beam".

Oh no the pseudo-calc I made is usable as a speed rating. Just that you couldn't use it to get a speed from Glaive reflecting the beam in IW or White Vision reacting to it in another scene of the show.
Ah okay then that's perfectly fine I've no qualms with that

The vision discussion did drag though(my apologies for that) so refreshing what's already been agreed to and discussed and getting everything together again

This is where we stand right now in terms of speed scaling↓
If accepted we just adjust the scaling to MHS for Spider-Man dudes and MHS+ for the Hela tier people
Super Solider tier people would have subsonic travel/running speed.

Humans like Falcon or Black Widow would have peak human travel speed.

Captain Marvel will have MHS travel speed in atmosphere since we're scaling her to MHS+ combat speed.
And any other supporting feats can be listed on profiles for instances if feats such as the Qawsedf's vision beam calc

Is there anything more that's up for discussion? Or do you have any other things you'd want addressed in this Qawsedf?

Um ok

That's what I asked earlier if anyone had anything left to discuss, if we're done here I guess this can be applied and whenever the strange ancient one calc is done we can see what we'll do with that

I mean in reactions and combat. His flight is like Subsonic I think and his movement speed is probably average human

I mean in reactions and combat. His flight is like Subsonic I think and his movement speed is probably average human
Yeah it's the same deal he's still slow and doesn't really have any advanced systems or things to aid his reactions or combat in any sense

He also takes Bucky's gun apart after blocking the gunshot surprising him so yeah he should at most scale to him

The proposed calcs have to be accepted I think
So far the most important one left right now is the Spider-Man MHS calc I think.

The Hela calc's already been accepted by two calc group members, one of them being an MCU expert.

The first post in this thread seemed to make sense to me.

What are the conclusions here so far?

I've requested the astral projection speed calc. Not sure on the progress of the other calc.

The first post in this thread seemed to make sense to me.

What are the conclusions here so far?
Basically, god-tiers get MHS+ combat speed and reactions based on my calc here (Already accepted by two calc members).

While anybody below the god-tiers get MHS combat speed and reactions via scaling above Spidey's meteor calc (This one needs a bit more evaluation, already contacted Spino since he's both a CGM and an MCU expert but he seems to be busy as of late).

Watched back some important scenes and no Thor indeed didn't bring Stormbreaker to the Avengers HQ nor did we see him take it from any point until his climatic fight with Cap and Tony so Stormbreaker was still in Tonsberg

While anybody below the god-tiers get MHS combat speed and reactions via scaling above Spidey's meteor calc (This one needs a bit more evaluation, already contacted Spino since he's both a CGM and an MCU expert but he seems to be busy as of late).
Can't we try someone else if he's busy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back