• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Yeah it was a mirror dimension portal. He was gonna shunt Thanos into the mirror world with it before he broke with with the space stone.

Ok. I'm currently watching Doctor Strange, I'll look for quotes and feats.

Basically the only real feats in the movie: Kaecilius with power from the dark dimension blows up a room (they later show it largely intact with bricks scattered everywhere) and the Ancient One is intact after falling far above a skyscraper, through a glass plate, and onto the ground. She dies after a period of time and there's only cuts on her face. Wong, Kaecilius and his Zealots destroy a large section road and parts of buildings in their fight (note that the buildings destroyed were due to Dormammu). Kaecilius creates a large shockwave that covers a street. So they have Small Building level feats, but I think they should just be Unknow since their powers don't really seem to focus on destroying everything.

According to Wong, "While heroes like the Avengers protect the world from physical dangers, we sorcerers safeguard it against more mystical threats." It has been expressed that this is more directed against beings Dormammu, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Everyone knows this, but it's worth mentioning, imo. This is reality hax, but in the Mirror dimension, where they Zealots and Ancient One is explicitly stated to be more powerful, people can easily warp a multitude of buildings to crush opponents, warp churches or temples, and even cities or massive sections of them. Their strikes also bend skyscrapers and create craters, but this seems to be reality warping also. After drawing power from Dormammu they can warp stuff outside it and even tear holes in it.

Why would Strange be High 6-B again? Who did he scale to when literally zero of his damaging attacks did nil? The only one I know that did damage was the portal cut, and that was haxx, and was not on Thanos.

Also, he only held Thanos down with his Crimson Bands, and that scales more to lifting strength with that particular spell and the other with multiple copies of him doing so simultaneously.

He also neither did damage to Thor and Loki, the only thing of note being he pulled hair from Thor's head, and we can't scale that from anything.

Strange briefly fought with Thanos, it was short, but the latter is well over 4 times baseline and the fight made him use some effort. His cape completely restrained Thanos, forcing him to slide it off with a good deal of effort rather than just effortlessly tearing it in half. The band around Thanos' arm totally restrained him, forcing him to knock Strange out and break it. Rather than directly getting hit by Strange's ground blast, Thanos actually preferred to dodge it. Not to mention that he had multiple power stones, one of which (the Aether/Reality Stone, unless the Power Stone also does that) possibly amped his strength.

No offensive attack of Strange in that fight hit, and his prior offensive attack (the sword thing) did nil.

His cape doesn't scale to him at all.

The effort there is that Thanos has literally zero ranged attacks and haxx without the gauntlet.

The Crimson Band restraining him is for lifting strength. As is the shadow clone jutsu wire thing.

Thanos is a fighter, of course he'd dodge stuff. Hulk was barely a threat to him and still preferred counter punching as the first move.

The stones giving a passive amp is an assumption that needs to be backed up with examples.

It still required Thanos, who very casually (non-hyperbolically) threatened to crush Thor's skull and is far superior to Ebony Maw, to put in effort both to fend it off and break it.

And it's never been considered an offensive weapon or ability that he commonly uses in a fight (aside from flying or that one time it suffocated a Zealot).

It still restrained him, and that wouldn't just be lifting strength, Thanos couldn't break it or destroy it with physical strength. Restraining Thanos there is not the feat, him using both the Power and Soul Stones to break it is.

If an attack would do absolutley no damage, he probably wouldn't dodge it, Thanos didn't do that against anyone else. Hulk actually staggered him somewhat with blows, and he wasn't just doing it to dodge.

Malekith got an amp just by wielding it.

Uh, no? Thanos was literally taking it to the back like an annoyance while he dealt with Drax.

Yes, still not his AP.

Grapples, of which struggling against magic string is, has always been lifting strength, as far as I know. The Crimson Band was there for a very little amount of time before Iron Man came in and took over in holding his arm at bay. Also, they were restraining with extreme difficulty, a single arm. That said, the soul stone didn't do anything to the string, just forcing Strange's clones back to the original.

Why wouldn't he? He shielded himself from bullets, and a thrown vibranium spear.

How so? What amp did he get other than actually getting a ranged attack? The only feat he has prior is losing to a superior fighter in Frigga, and getting roasted in the face by a direct lightning bolt from Thor, which has never happened again.

Is that why he was mostly facing Strange during the fight and ultra casually delt with Drax?

That's not the point.

No, he dispelled bands when Spider-Man came to restrain him. It wasn't just pulling, Thanos couldn't destroy it at all, I will grant it was with one arm. Fine.

Shielded himself, he never actually dodged any attacks that couldn't harm him. Also, why would Strange (who likely does know Thanos' strength here) use an attack like that if it's going to be unable to harm him or do anything.

He got an amp in physical strength so massive that he went from being complete fodder to Thor, to actually being able to easily tank his attacks and fight on par with him.

Why? At least with Iron Man you have something with the Power Stone. Strange's only interaction with it is essentially teleporting the beam to another dimension which has nothing to do with AP or durability.

Strange literally blocked and countered Power Stone attacks. And the notion that all stones are pure hax with no AP minus Power Stone is ridiculous. There's also the fact that Wande help up four stone Thanos by herself and destroyed another Stone, and she sure as hell isn't more powerful than Strange as far as magic goes. She has a lot of potential but is inexperienced and he is the Sorcerer Supreme.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Strange literally blocked and countered Power Stone attacks. And the notion that all stones are pure hax with no AP minus Power Stone is ridiculous. There's also the fact that Wande help up four stone Thanos by herself and destroyed another Stone, and she sure as hell isn't more powerful than Strange as far as magic goes. She has a lot of potential but is inexperienced and he is the Sorcerer Supreme.
Again, which cases are these?

The two I was given were BFR-ing to a pocket dimension and transforming it into butterflies.

And I'mm 99% sure the stones were destroyed by less than 5-A powers as is.

Strange literally blocked and countered Power Stone attacks

When did he do this?

pure hax with no AP minus Power Stone is ridiculous.

There's more to them than hax, but the stones vary in power by a large margin. With the Mind and Reality stone being 7-A while the Power Stone is 5-A

There's also the fact that Wande help up four stone Thanos by herself and destroyed another Stone

Thanos was only using the Space Stone to block her push and the Mind Stone only has a 7-B statement and powers a 7-A robot. Neither support a 5-A rating.

Strange BFR'd a Power Stone attack once and never had to deal with it again.

No one said the other Stones don't have AP, as evidenced by Malekith getting stronger and Vision and Loki shooting beams from the Mind Stone.

Wanda did nothing to Thanos aside from briefly pushing him back a few feet after which he simpy walked through her blast with a shield up. She also destroyed the Stone due to her connection to it which allows her to affect it. She also doesn't use magic.

Sure. I have nothing against Strange being High 6-B. I just don't agree with his and Iron Man's 5-A scaling

That just means Strange's magic has High 6-B durability. He never once harmed Thanos with it. Thanos also used the Soul and ??? Stones to dispel the clones. Clones of Strange would have his normal dura and not that of his magic.

Yeah. Iron Man being High 6-B is okay in my book. I just don't think we should rate the shield at 5-A since the power stone has variable AP and it doesn't make sense for it to be that much more durable than his main body. Just "High 6-B, higher with shield" makes more sense to me.

So

• Ancient One is downgraded to 7-A/Whatever the mages are going to become
  • Strange becomes High 6-B and scales to Thanos' lifting strength
  • Iron Man's durability is High 6-B, higher with shield
Got that right?

Yeah. I thought all mages had seperate AP/Durability keys compared to their magic.

Because Strange is just far more talented and powerful. With barely a year of experience he was already on the level of other powerful Mages and IW is two to three years after that.

So what are the conclusions here?

Qawsedf234 said:
So
  • Ancient One is downgraded to 7-A/Whatever the mages are going to become
  • Strange becomes High 6-B and scales to Thanos' lifting strength
  • Iron Man's durability is High 6-B, higher with shield
Got that right?
This, with Ancient One becoming 9-B physically.

Okay. Are the rest of you fine with this?

One question, Thanos can control the gem power (as seems to catch Strange with power gem) why nerf Iron man when he was taking blast and punches of Thanos with the gem ?

Back