• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Raimi Peter was losing my because he was tired out right before the battle. He then forced himself to get up and he kicked Goblin’s ass

Not a rage amp
What do you call going from tired and not able to stand to stomping goblin ? That’s a rage amp it literally says he gains strength in the scan I posted

Now that the Tesseract is upgraded to At least High 6-A, likely 5-B and the Casket of Ancient Winters is High 6-B should we consider maybe upgrading Hela and other Post-Awakening characters? If we do we need to give a lot of thought to it and not rush into making a half-baked CRT that can be easily rejected.

People not understanding why people prefer MCU Peter to Tobey is like me not understanding why everyone praises the Avatar movies 😐

Even if we say Ikaris is comparable to Thanos and co, Shang Chi is nowhere near them, same for Abomination
Shang Chi was intended to be a Hulk level character, per the film's director, and What If Season 2 shows some promise, depending on how Hela's episode is set up. Abomination is in limbo at the moment given his being retconned in She-Hulk to not fighting Hulk, but I doubt he won't be treated as a peer to Hulk in the future.

What If Season 2 shows some promise, depending on how Hela's episode is set up.
We don't scale Sacred Timeline characters to their What If counterparts, except in cases where they are basically identical (e.g. Doctor Strange, since he basically followed the near-exact same path as his Sacred Timeline counterpart to become the Sorcerer Supreme until he tried to revive his gf)

There were multiple threads discussing this
Shang Chi was intended to be a Hulk level character, per the film's director
Pretty sure I already brought it up and it was rejected

Last edited:
Now that the Tesseract is upgraded to At least High 6-A, likely 5-B and the Casket of Ancient Winters is High 6-B should we consider maybe upgrading Hela and other Post-Awakening characters? If we do we need to give a lot of thought to it and not rush into making a half-baked CRT that can be easily rejected.
There's also the 4.75 multiplier of Iron Man's absorption. And I don't know if the 5-C scaling could be tried again using this statement along with what Rocket demonstrated in GotG 3, plus his statement about the snap being a power surge of ridiculously cosmic proportions and that no one's ever seen anything like that

We don't scale Sacred Timeline characters to their What If counterparts, except in cases where they are basically identical (e.g. Doctor Strange, since he basically followed the near-exact same path as his Sacred Timeline counterpart to become the Sorcerer Supreme until he tried to revive his gf)

There were multiple threads discussing this

Pretty sure I already brought it up and it was rejected
Which threads in particular would best represent this site's view on What If scaling? 2 and 7 are the one's I'm not on board with for scaling, but each site has their own views, so it would be good to know.

Odd, given Ikaris and the Eternals as a whole only have the cloud feat to support high tier scaling, with everything else being very low level.

Odd, given Ikaris and the Eternals as a whole only have the cloud feat to support high tier scaling, with everything else being very low level.
The difference is that the Eternals scale from a calculated feat that Ikaris performed in the movie. While Shang-Chi's is just a WoG statement with nothing to support it, like Namor being comparable to Thor, Adam Warlock being comparable to Captain Marvel and Thor, Thanos being the biggest and baddest villain in the MCU, Captain Marvel being the most powerful character in the MCU, etc

The difference is that the Eternals scale from a calculated feat that Ikaris performed in the movie. While Shang-Chi's is just a WoG statement with nothing to support it, like Namor being comparable to Thor, Adam Warlock being comparable to Captain Marvel and Thor, Thanos being the biggest and baddest villain in the MCU, Captain Marvel being the most powerful character in the MCU, etc
The last one is particulary egregious considering what happened in Endgame

I was looking through the 4-B MCU OWO thread, and the spire talk just lost me.

Tony points out the spire is vibranium, which he knows sends out the energy it is hit with, and thinks about getting Thor to hit it. That doesn't sound like Thor should hit it just to destroy the spire, but in an attempt to destroy the city. The spire, or core, is scanned separate from the casing around it. That would be the vibranium part, the part he cuts through the bottom cap to get to and heat up. We see that the magnetic field the spire/core is generating is just barely holding the rock together (rock is still falling from it when the helicarrier gets there). Thor hitting it would just overpower it.

Speaking of Thor, it just doesn't comput that he could crack the core itself (the fricken handle he strikes shows up intact later, but that's unimportant). Note that this is just talk about that thread; I haven't read the surely dozens of newer threads on this subject. Thor is supposed to be weakened in Avengers Assemble, which is why he didn't destroy Cap's shield. How does that explain Vision not doing damage to Ultron with Mjolnir? That's Vision and Thor's strength combined, and yet even the novel points out how it didn't do much. Then there's Thor, Iron Man, and the Mind Stone having to ram up power (the audio description says build up, I believe) until they damage him.

Another thing. The Jotenheim and Sokovia destruction feats have similar calc yields, and yet Thor charging up for around 16 seconds is never brought up. On Jotenheim, it was just the barest of charge ups. How is that consistent? Not to mention Tony put in like 47 kilotons into the core (10 terawatt chest RT for around 20 seconds). I am confusion. As far as I'm aware, Thor is not taken as been sapped by the vision waters during battle.

(By the way, I'm curious. Not trying to be nosey, but what are some the calculation groups credentials. As in, how far does their knowledge go. All over the interwebs, people take issue will calcs because they come from randos on the internet. Like, why should I care about their "opinion", kind of thing.)

P.P.S - So, the 5 gigaton reading has been ignored following that one revision. Can the 286x reading still be used? Something something someone remarks that Rocket implies the two snaps are similar in yield. But how? No one had seen a surge of energy of that magnitude before, but then it happened again. OK, so what. It's another surge; that doesn't mean it was the same.

Last edited:
8572565-8317818017-unkno.png

8572563-ezgif-4-844809e275.gif

Infinite strength SpiderMan upgrade when

Oh, crap.

When Ikaris grabs Makkari, he ended meters away from the hillside. He likely caught her as she ran away, but before she turned around fully. Can that be calced?

If the did the math right (I just looked at the Ikaris flies into space calc), Ikaris moved around a tenth the speed of sound.

Rats

Consistant with Mach 4.5 Makkari. Tree level Ikaris is a fiend.

Just caught up with the latest Secret Invasion episodes. Holy shit
You weren't banned after the Ikaris LS thing? The plot thickens.

By the way, Cap > Ikaris. It's a fact. Ikaris is tree level.

Shotgun level Deviants > Ikaris.

(No, but serious, if his power is determined by his outlier, might as well give him the correlating strength.)

You can make a CRT if you disagree with the current rating of the Eternals rating, just stop flooding this thread with that
I see the Eternals in two ways. 1, they're very low level and could probably be wiped out by low yield missiles, and 2, they're all high tiers, with Ikaris simply experiencing 7.6 teratons of energy being as if you or I were standing outside on a windy day. So I'm indifferent to how they're currently ranked.

That said, understood. I'll cease these frequent and irrelevant comments.

Addition, so I don't post another comment.

This is just a thought experiment. Let's say Black Bolt was a non-enhanced human, and his .35 ton whisper is 30 decibels. The loudest scream ever recorded is 129 decibels, which would make the scream his suit took 3.1 gigatons.

Did Luke Cage's tire throw ever get a calc?

Last edited:
Did Luke Cage's tire throw ever get a calc?
Not that I'm aware of, though the direct statement of the tire being 400 pounds would be helpful for a calculation. Not sure that it'd end up being anything better than a supporting feat though. Cage did do this to a dumpster though.

Jessica Jones throwing Will Simpson's body out to sea might also be worth looking into. Also her bending chairs and a grate.

As an additional note, the information mentioned in this unevaluated calc might be useful for figuring out what Kingpin's car door tearing feat (though we don't know if Fisk's feat was done with one or two arms)

Last edited:
You weren't banned after the Ikaris LS thing? The plot thickens.

By the way, Cap > Ikaris. It's a fact. Ikaris is tree level.

Shotgun level Deviants > Ikaris.

(No, but serious, if his power is determined by his outlier, might as well give him the correlating strength.)
Huh, congrats. You made a reply that is completely 100 percent related to what I was saying. I give you this medal: 🥇

(In all seriousness, you were trying to start something weren’t you? Don’t even bother replying to this. You’re not worth the attention)

Back