• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
bro what if by "the strongest Thor we've seen so far" they mean Thor (Jane Foster)
Honestly id really dislike that cause its just not hiw its ever been, Jane being stronger than Thor just wouldnt make sense given who they are without the power of being “Thor”, especially since we know of several instances of Thor or I guess Odinson being stronger than his current form such as Odinforce, RKT and OKT.

Im fully on board with Female Thor and getting Odinson but I dont want stuff that makes no sense.

I mean this is all assumptions that is what they will do/are meaning, and while Marvel has done some “woke” stuff I dont think they have done anything that bad so far.

Especially since it doesnt even make sense, Jane without the Thor boost is just a human while Thor could fight Hela, Hulk, survive the Power Stone pressed to his head and preformed his Nidavellir feats without Mjölnir or Stormbreaker, dudes still a “God” without it all.

So lets at least not just instantly jump to “They are making Female Thor stronger” just yet.

Anyway I just finished the Loki Finale, honestly I enjoyed it (Tho episode 5 was better).

I act quite liked He Who Remains/Kang and didnt mind how they did the Multiverse introduction (Tho this is pretty close to how I thought it would be done). Ngl im still iffy about the Loki x Loki thing but eh, like I said I overall enjoyed it

I don't know some weird stuff has been going on... Anyhoo, that's just my fear for the movie
Nothing quite like that however, its an understandable fear tho.

This is probably the movie im the most hyped about (Since Thor is my favourite MCU character) but yeah that plus them killing off Hemsworth/Odinson is my other big fear.

Overall imma obviously wait till I see it myself.

Last edited:
So the ending was "something" alright. I really liked how the TVA kinda got burned to the ground yet another TVA took it's place (adding to the overarching theme of chaotic freewill Vs lawful obedience). As for my takes:

*THAT Kang was pretty much what I expected, tired of the endless struggle of maintaining the timeline and wanting change after his eternity at the helm yet he ended up being killed and war has begun again which will only lead to Kang ending it again and creating another TVA apparently (it kinda seems like this wasn't his first time dying, perhaps there's an even bigger loop at work?).

*Loki x Loki did throw me for a loop tbh, I'm still not sure how I'll feel about it but considering how vain Loki can be it kinda makes sense he/she/they/whatever would only truly love themselves lol!

*I still kinda wished we got more out of Mobius this episode but a lore/exposition dump taking up are large chunk of the season finale makes sense I guess also it'll be interesting to see where Ravana ended up in S2, since she's trying to find "freewill" (who knows what was on those files that Kang gave her).

Overall a solid 7/10 episode that perfectly sets up both Loki S2 and Doctor Strange MoM but yeah I still prefer episode 5 overall. Also a minor nickpick about the TVA, they have tech that nulls powers yet it conveniently didn't affect the charm Odin cast on Loki to make him look Asgardian (we know what the meta answer is but in universe or should I say in multiverse it's a little jarring).

Okay I watched the episode and all I gotta say is wow.

Overall this was a solid season finale. I have a lot of thoughts but I'm genuinely not sure how to get the words out. I'm excited for season 2 but I have no idea when it would be in all honesty. Kang's acting was great and I do wonder if or if not they'll keep his personality the same for his "variants" that'll show up later. Loki is a very interesting set up for No Way Home and MoM, and I'm interested to see the ground level effects of Sylvie killing Kang. Though this does make me wonder a bit how exactly the MCU will be effected going forward.

We know Loki got scooped up from Gobi 2012, but like Loki said in episode 5, we have absolutely zero idea how long its been since then. We pretty much already know we're gonna be having ground level consequences because of Spider-Man No Way Home, but I'm not sure how this multiverse stuff will tie into stuff like WandaVision, FATWS, Hawkeye, Shang Chi, etc. Essentially what I'm trying to say is that our sense of time in the MCU right now is very ****** up.

We have statements in the finale that Alioth also consumes space and time, Alioth once again is confirmed to have consumed other realities and thus should be scaled as such
I don't deny the truth that Alioth consumes space & time, but I do think it will be important to be clear on what happens on contact with it for individuals, since we've seen it can act on such a small scale.
Sooooo damn that finale
No bohner moments here fellas🙏🙏🙏Immortus and Kang who would've thought
c6efa1e2dc12d6f2b58575c1fb9a9a3e.gif
Who in the episode was Immortus? The one called "He Who Remains", played by Jonathan Majors?
welp, that gave more questions than answers
Yep a hell of a lot more
Questions like what?
I was about to criticise this for being yet another poor finale when I realised it wasn't over lmfao

also well dunno if it's just me but I don't buy the Loki/Loki romance one bit
Yeah, I don't feel their romance that strongly either. But then again, I'm dispassionate about romance to begin with. I mean, I guess they have some stuff to bond over, but....
Well, what are the pros & cons of their romance? What makes it good & what makes it bad?
Loki (Variant L1130) (Equal to main timeline Loki but should have different equipment and enchantment abilities after episode 5)
There's another main character Loki introduced? How do you figure?
Wasn't our current Loki just sent back to a rewritten or alternate timeline, as opposed to there being a new Loki?

On another note, didn't He Who Remains mention that he "isolated" their timeline? This may be important information to keep in mind. I think he also claimed he harnessed Alioth's powers.
He claims to know everything that happens, up to a certain point -& we see when that knowledge ends- & that has something to do with how he can "teleport" around with his pseudo-Tempad thingy? Considering he has papers of all the dialogue.... I wonder if his knowledge is innate, in his head, or if he's just memorized all of the documents?
Also also, Sylvie, you jerk! Did you NEED to send Loki back to the torture chamber for him that is the TVA?

& of course there's the question of if Loki is in a rewritten timeline -If so, how did this rewrite 'cause no one to recognize him as even being a Loki? TVA enforcers pass him by & Mobius assumes he's an analyst, suggesting they may think the same.- or if it's an alternate timeline?

Regarding the episode, the pseudo-declaration of love makes sense, but I kinda see Sylvie's side; I don't think Loki would want to compromise his freedom by ruling the TVA. If he did take it over, it'd be massively reformed... & then war would likely break out anyway. Loki's logic wasn't bad, I think, but it amounted to inaction; Something has to advance things a lot, & if that's killing "He Who Remains", so be it.

That aside, I think the episode was a bit slow-paced. Also, really made it feel like just another teaser for the movies. Though I do wonder what they'll do for Season 2, whenever that is. I fear we'll be back at the TVA again.
Loki (Variant L1130) is the Loki that escaped with the Tesseract in Endgame and was captured by the TVA afterwards.

Mainline MCU Loki was killed by Thanos in Infinity War
Ah. So just 2 Loki profiles. Mainline MCU Loki, & Loki (Variant L1130)?

Well, we also have Sylvie (Variant L0852), Classic Loki, Boastful Loki, Kid Loki and Alligator Loki, who are all variants of mainline MCU Loki

Who in the episode was Immortus? The one called "He Who Remains", played by Jonathan Majors?
Yes Immortus is the future self of Kang the Conqueror or as they had him here He who Remains but we've already known prior to this finale that Jonathan Majors was cast as Kang and will be appearing again in the next Ant-Man and The Wasp Movie

I don't deny the truth that Alioth consumes space & time, but I do think it will be important to be clear on what happens on contact with it for individuals, since we've seen it can act on such a small scale.
It can honestly be any number of things we've already discussed since we know it consumes matter, energy, space, and time. It honestly warrants a few methods due to everything it consumes

On another note, didn't He Who Remains mention that he "isolated" their timeline? This may be important information to keep in mind. I think he also claimed he harnessed Alioth's powers.
He claims to know everything that happens, up to a certain point -& we see when that knowledge ends- & that has something to do with how he can "teleport" around with his pseudo-Tempad thingy? Considering he has papers of all the dialogue.... I wonder if his knowledge is innate, in his head, or if he's just memorized all of the documents?
Also also, Sylvie, you jerk! Did you NEED to send Loki back to the torture chamber for him that is the TVA?

& of course there's the question of if Loki is in a rewritten timeline -If so, how did this rewrite 'cause no one to recognize him as even being a Loki? TVA enforcers pass him by & Mobius assumes he's an analyst, suggesting they may think the same.- or if it's an alternate timeline?

Regarding the episode, the pseudo-declaration of love makes sense, but I kinda see Sylvie's side; I don't think Loki would want to compromise his freedom by ruling the TVA. If he did take it over, it'd be massively reformed... & then war would likely break out anyway. Loki's logic wasn't bad, I think, but it amounted to inaction; Something has to advance things a lot, & if that's killing "He Who Remains", so be it.

That aside, I think the episode was a bit slow-paced. Also, really made it feel like just another teaser for the movies. Though I do wonder what they'll do for Season 2, whenever that is. I fear we'll be back at the TVA again.
Yeah I hope it’s not retreading the early sections of this season again
Ah. So just 2 Loki profiles. Mainline MCU Loki, & Loki (Variant L1130)?
Sylvia could get it and I kinda think Classic could deserve one (he might be the strongest Loki)

tbh, i never really liked this episode of Loki. It mostly just left me confused but hey, at least low 2-C alioth exists now. Also, miss minutes was creepy in that episode lol.

I'm pretty sure we call all say no one agrees with this not a single soul

Eh, at this point I think my opinion on this version of Taskmaster largely depends on what they do with the character in the future (if anything). As it stands, the character felt a bit underused in the Black Widow movie, with little opportunity to showcase any notable personality (though I otherwise thought the changes made to the character served the story well, and the power-copying was fun to see on screen) but that could easily change with further appearances, and the time skip that would have passed from the Black Widow movie's 2016 setting to the approximately 2024 setting that the MCU is currently set in could prove interesting for the character. I feel like the fact that someone reasonably notable was cast to play the character, as well as the fact that the character is still alive, indicate that there are further plans for Taskmaster. The Black Widow movie already established Taskmaster's backstory and powerset, so further projects could easily have room to flesh out the character's personality. Now if Taskmaster never shows up in the MCU again, then that definitely would feel like a waste of the character.

I feel like the fact that someone reasonably notable was cast to play the character, as well as the fact that the character is still alive, indicate that there are further plans for Taskmaster. The Black Widow movie already established Taskmaster's backstory and powerset, so further projects could easily have room to flesh out the character's personality. Now if Taskmaster never shows up in the MCU again, then that definitely would feel like a waste of the character.
It's the only way the character would work or make sense in the context of this and for this movie them making the character the way they did for them to have connections to Natasha that I can agree on but with no context just outright saying your version is the version that makes sense I can't get behind.

I think it would've been cooler if he was a former member of Marc Spector's CIA squad, so they could've used him there too, (and you know, have it be a man) but after Marc disagrees with what's going on or however they want to write it happens, they split up and Anthony Masters goes whoever will pay the most.

Also what the hell is with Dreykov's "The one natural resource this world has too much of... GiRLs" That didn't make much sense to me at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back