• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean it is pretty unordinary and awkward to reply to someone to ask them a question totally unrelated to their message. I think Newendigo was just the first to call it out.

I disagree imo since WoG states that somebody like Thanos could just straight up just tank a portal closing on him, which must mean that the rings have some sort of piercing damage that can be overpowered
Like how he tanked Strange’s magic attacks? I think this is more of an attribute of Thanos being stronger physically since Strange’s magic sword and whips are used more of an option instead of the sling ring piercing damage, which means that Stange thinks that using those instead of the sling rings would do more damage to Thanos

Like how he tanked Strange’s magic attacks? I think this is more of an attribute of Thanos being stronger physically since Strange’s magic sword and whips are used more of an option instead of the sling ring piercing damage, which means that Stange thinks that using those instead of the sling rings would do more damage to Thanos
In that fight Thanos was never really hit by any of Strange's attacks unless those whips do damage which isn't really made clear since they could've been only restraining him, but Strange opting to use those spells over forming a portal and shutting it on Thanos is a good point, potentially making Strange high 6-A in his Sorcerer Supreme key with Thanos being above that

From where?
Base energy of the Sun for interdimensional travel

I just remembered this statement from Ms. Marvel where Erik Selvig said in one of his books that the energy required for inter-dimensional travel would be the base energy of the sun which is high 6-A, if this is true wouldn’t that mean that America Chavez and Clea would be at that strong too since Americas whole deal is that she punches portals to other universes and Clea casually cuts a portal to the Dark Dimension into existence in the MoM post credits scene, idk if this is very sound but it could lead to good upgrades possibly

Though America isn't opening portals to other dimensions, instead opening mortal across the multiverse (There's probably going to be a whole argument over how that's stronger than dimensional travel)

I really can't speak for dimensional travel AP scaling if that's what its gonna be called. I can imagine several different debates and threads being made regarding that, along with a few revisions if that ever picks up. I quite honestly have no real way of judging its validity

I really can't speak for dimensional travel AP scaling if that's what its gonna be called. I can imagine several different debates and threads being made regarding that, along with a few revisions if that ever picks up. I quite honestly have no real way of judging its validity
tbf Erik Selvig is basically an authority on science in the MCU so idk how you could say it isn't true or invalid somehow

I'm honestly iffy about dimensional/multiversal travel = AP/raw power, yes it translates power depending on the amount of energy you need but translating them in AP feels very weird

Also I implore you guys on this. If you ever plan to upgrade Daredevil to MHS+, please please please don’t bring up the NWH scene again

I remember that being done the first time, but it’s absolutely not scalable to Peter in reaction and combat speed. Remember that because of where Peter and Matt were sitting, Matt was closer to the brick than Peter was. Basically, if somebody threw a baseball at you, and a guy who happens to be 3 meters between you and the pitcher catches it, that doesn’t mean they’re faster than you. It just means they literally had the chance to catch it first

Dodging attacks from She-Hulk actually holds some weight when it comes to upgrading Matt’s speed

Also I implore you guys on this. If you ever plan to upgrade Daredevil to MHS+, please please please don’t bring up the NWH scene again

I remember that being done the first time, but it’s absolutely not scalable to Peter in reaction and combat speed. Remember that because of where Peter and Matt were sitting, Matt was closer to the brick than Peter was. Basically, if somebody threw a baseball at you, and a guy who happens to be 3 meters between you and the pitcher catches it, that doesn’t mean they’re faster than you. It just means they literally had the chance to catch it first

Dodging attacks from She-Hulk actually holds some weight when it comes to upgrading Matt’s speed
I mean, Daredevil also scales to Kingpin who is also able to keep up with Kate Bishop who is MHS+, which strengthens it up

Pretty much. Regardless of where Daredevil and other characters are placed in speed, fights are much stronger evidence than Matt catching a brick instead of Peter because he was literally closer to the brick

It was pretty much agreed Smart Hulk was holding back against She-Hulk, so she does not fully scale
tbf I think both of those justifications for she hulk not scaling to smart hulk don’t take into account that jen actually did hurt and stagger bruce with some of her attacks which means she bare minimum scales somewhat, I’m not going to act like she scales fully but it’s not like jen was going all out and bruce wasn’t even trying, the intention of the scene was definitely to show that she hulk is comparable at least to a degree, imo I think a “likely large island level” rating would be fair for her

AFAIK nothing indicates that Smart Hulk is any weaker. Mainstream fans just have perception because he’s not punching people with cop car hands
I think it's because it's likely due to his age, not entirely sure

“likely large island level” rating would be fair for her
What about "At Most High 6-C"
At Most
Should be used to denote the higher cap of a character, if the exact value is indeterminate.

For AP/SS: She could somewhat stagger Hulk with her punches, though was overpowered by the Hulk afterwards. Her Thunder Claps, though inferior to the Hulk's, were still capable of incapacitating the Hulk.

For Combat Speed: Kept up with a casual Hulk, though was outsped and backhanded by the Hulk afterwards.

For LS: Could grapple with the Hulk and is able to pin his foot down.

I’m still kind of unsure about her getting a rating anywhere close to that. Like her thunderclaps straight up couldn’t do anything to him besides hurt his ears. Plus he pushed her back pretty easily with one hand alone. I’m just not seeing any real reason for her to scale to bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back