• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, eternals just dosen’t do it for me tbh. it’s like dark world minus some of the redeeming quality’s(drama and characters). I didn’t really care for any of them expect for druig and makkari but that’s manly due to there chemistry(one of the few good things in the film that isn’t visual). Ikaris was a mid villain and they did the deviants pretty dirty at the end. Overall the movie was meh for me

Eh, eternals just dosen’t do it for me tbh. it’s like dark world minus some of the redeeming quality’s(drama and characters). I didn’t really care for any of them expect for druig and makkari but that’s manly due to there chemistry(one of the few good things in the film that isn’t visual). Ikaris was a mid villain and they did the deviants pretty dirty at the end. Overall the movie was meh for me
B-but your pfp😭😭

Eternals was solid I think there are some characters who’s whole existence adds nothing (cough cough, sprite), and interesting characters who didn’t get enough development either due to being sidelined or dead before they could get any.

outside of those general issues I thought Ikaris was a boring villain who’s reveal seemed predictable from the trailers alone
Ikaris was predictable as a villain due to one specific rule: if a character is played by a famous actor who looks all perfect and nice and isn't the hero, they're either the mentor or the villain. Ikaris wasn't the main protagonist (that would be Sersi) and isn't a mentor either so the villain was the only option left. Same happened with Jude Law in Captain Marvel

5abc2a22a5534.jpeg

someone needs to make the icing problem a more common meme. Since there are lots of times when two people, countries, companies, etc fight each other and the other one wins because they have something the other one doesn’t have.

I saw a youtube video once proposing that the deviant absorbing the eternals' powers could've been the key to creating the uni-mind, anyone have thoughts on that?

Think this summed up my thoughts on Eternals pretty well. There's ambitious ideas and visual style but the final script just somehow felt extremely boring and made me feel nothing.

The opposite for me. The story is not flawless but it's amazing for me, full of heart and epicness. We FINALLY got a genuinely serious MCU movie with a genuine moral dilemna, characters full of flaws that are perfectly understandable, cosmic-scale phenomenons and consequences. Probably because I'm a massive sucker for mythological epic stories and this is exactly what I got here. I honestly don't see what's boring in it but I guess it's a matter of opinions.

Heard thor love and thunder sucked

do any of you guys agree?

maybe cinemasins will have a field day with this one
Both. The movie is overall fun, full of beautiful images and Gorr is really good. But the tone is all over the place, many jokes are incredibly annoying and bad, Jane is wasted and Gorr misses scenes where he kills gods. The movie is entertaining but not amazing

I’m curious to see what cinemasins (even though cinemasins is not as good as it used to be) will think of it once he makes a video on it
Don't know about Cinemasins but Doug Walker made a small review video about it where he said "When it's a Thor movie, it's amazing but when it's a Minion movie, it sucks". I know not many people like him but I can't disagree honestly

Heard thor love and thunder sucked

do any of you guys agree?

maybe cinemasins will have a field day with this one
It was eh, it started off pretty bad and got better toward the end (What I mean by that is that it started to feel like a Thor movie the longer it went on. That's probably because of how Thor was acting and how the comedy around him worked, it started to feel correct right about when Thor called Zeus a coward.)

Sins can be taken off if a scene is too awesome and all that

also a scene can be given multiple sins instead of one sin if it’s really bad.

though You should know that the channel is simultaneously serious and a joke. A bit of a schrodinger thing as I learned from a quora user regarding cinemasins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back