• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think having the other dimension doesn't ruin the movie by any means it's really the fact that the final fight was done in a unfulfilling way with them killing the main baddy who actually had good writing and chemistry with the cast for a lazy dragon with no personality
I don't think Wenwu dying was an issue tbh. Dude refused to listen to anyone throughout the whole movie and having him walk away scot free would be almost as bad as Wanda repeatedly avoiding consequence. Shang-Chi also originally swearing to kill him just to ultimately witness his father dying trying to save him (even though SC gave up on killing him moments before) was solidly poetic and fitting.

And then not to mention having Wenwu alive after establishing the fact that Wenwu is a centuries old warmonger who settled down for a miniscule amount of time comparatively and then continued after his wife died is rather weird.

Last edited:
Solid movie especially if your a fan of Raimi. But if you were expecting a cameo fest then it would be a very disappointing movie.
I did not expect a cameo movie (Though I got a feeling that those who believed that Shrek, Superior Iron Man, and Walter White would make a cameo definitely got walked out of the theater with a frown on their face).

However, I did expect a multiverse movie, so hearing that the multiverse aspect is just some bland alterations and generic designs does detract from any experience for me

I don't think Wenwu dying was an issue tbh. Dude refused to listen to anyone throughout the whole movie and having him walk away scot free would be almost as bad as Wanda repeatedly avoiding consequence. Shang-Chi also originally swearing to kill him just to ultimately witness his father dying trying to save him (even though SC gave up on killing him moments before) was solidly poetic and fitting.

And then not to mention having Wenwu alive after establishing the fact that Wenwu is a centuries old warmonger who settled down for a miniscule amount of time comparatively and then continued after his wife died.
Apologies I'm not saying him die alone is bad it's because it's not I'm saying trading him for a characterless dragon is not the best move for people who care about that but again I enjoyed it

Solid movie especially if your a fan of Raimi. But if you were expecting a cameo fest then it would be a very disappointing movie.
Personally a problem for me. It was the perfect occasion to put important cameos and use them cleverly. Instead, we just got a bunch of stupid heroes for the Illuminatis who barely had any development or scenes. Contrast this with No Way Home wich not only delivered us what we wanted as fans but also used them cleverly, as almost all of them (save for Sandman and Lizard and to an extent Daredevil) are perfectly integrated in the story, have an important part to play in MCU Peter's development and even have their own development to boot. The fan service was really well done in NWH, whereas in MoM it was lacking and wasted.

Not to mention this movie supposedly about the Multiverse only has three universes, two for real actually, shown. I get that Raimi probably didn't want to make a cameo movie but this is more or less what the movie should have been to a degree. It should have been much crazier

Last edited:
I did not expect a cameo movie (Though I got a feeling that those who believed that Shrek, Superior Iron Man, and Walter White would make a cameo definitely got walked out of the theater with a frown on their face).

However, I did expect a multiverse movie, so hearing that the multiverse aspect is just some bland alterations and generic designs does detract from any experience for me
The one thing I wanted to see in Multiverse of Madness was Strange take the frontline as a character and develop. And we got exactly that

I will never understand why people had a problem with Multiverse of Madness
Expectations were set too high with NWH and most were looking forward to cameos more than a solid story. I've seen stuff form Tom Cruise Superior IM to Nicolas Cage Ghost Rider

Same thing is happening with the Spiderverse sequels.

I will never understand why people had a problem with Multiverse of Madness
Overinflated expectations due to rumors and speculation about the plot played a large role, before the movie came out some believed the actual Fantastic Four (Not The Illuminati with Reed Richards in it) and Superior Iron Man by Tom Cruise were being put. Especially since NWH preceded it and that movie involved high-profile cameos

As for the movie itself, I heard that the theme was underwhelming, and the plot was extremely messy, with many believing Marvel edited parts of the movie, lowering it in quality

their whole motivation is supposedly that they want to go back to their original dimension but doing so recklessly would **** over our reality as they require as much energy as the sun generates to do so properly but they obviously don't have that but they're willing to ultimately **** over this reality and kill any civilians to get what they want so no they're not even delusional they're fully cognizant of their actions but are being displayed as somewhat sympathetic and misunderstood
Didn't really get sympathetic vibes from them. Kamala just thinks they're a group of people who are stranded, she wants to help them but doesn't know how to without making big boom. It isn't until the wedding that she realizes that they're pretty ******* crazy.

Okay lets do a quickie. Ranking Phase 4 projects. (not ordered)

S Tier (Gooooood shit) - Shang-Chi, NWH, Ep 4 and 9 of What if...?

A Tier (Solid stuff) - Hawkeye, Moon Knight

B Tier (Okay/Feasible) - MoM, FATWS, Loki, Ep 10 of What if...? ,Eternals

C Tier (Meh) - WandaVision,

F Tier (Kinda bad, if not, just straight up shit) - Black Widow, Ms. Marvel so far, The rest of What if...?

B Tier (Okay/Feasible) - MoM, FATWS, Loki, Ep 10 of What if...?

C Tier (Meh) - Eternals, WandaVision

F Tier (Kinda bad, if not, just straight up shit) - Black Widow, Ms. Marvel so far, The rest of What if...?
I really enjoyed Black Widow and WandaVision

Makkari is best girl, I'd let her beat the shit out of me
Bonk-Memes-4.jpeg
Sub Relativistic bonking

My issue with MoM is that I feel like it has too much world building and not as much exploring or action as I'd like. Outside of Gargantos, Sinister Strange, and 5 seconds of defender strange's corpse, the only action in the movie was "Oh shit, its wanda oh god oh **** run." which doesn't feel befitting for a super hero movie. And considering the standards that the first movie set, you didn't really have any of that crazy world bending magic shit that you'd typically expect which was rather shocking to me. We could've at least had a longer direct fight between Wanda and Strange. Y'know, the main protagonist and antagonist of the movie?

I could honestly care less about cameos. If anything I'd actually prefer that the illuminati just not show up at all in the movie personally. All they did was get obliterated by wanda within a minute. I just expect more action from an action movie y'know.

My issue with MoM is that I feel like it has too much world building and not as much exploring or action as I'd like. Outside of Gargantos, Sinister Strange, and 5 seconds of defender strange's corpse, the only action in the movie was "Oh shit, its wanda oh god oh **** run." which doesn't feel befitting for a super hero movie. And considering the standards that the first movie set, you didn't really have any of that crazy world bending magic shit that you'd typically expect which was rather shocking to me. We could've at least had a longer direct fight between Wanda and Strange. Y'know, the main protagonist and antagonist of the movie?

I could honestly care less about cameos. If anything I'd actually prefer that the illuminati just not show up at all in the movie personally. All they did was get obliterated by wanda within a minute. I just expect more action from an action movie y'know.
I agree with the main point. There was too little action

The magic style with Wanda was random energy blasts. She gained power from a cosmic book and that is what she does??? The odd thing, was why did Wanda try to blast Haley and Rambeau when she could have done what she did right before with Reed and Black Bolt.

I agree with that point, but the standards were set by not just the first movie, Strange challenging Thanos and turning a black hole into butterflies in IW, and Wandavision seeing Wanda able to warp reality, it had some reasonable expectations, so seeing around 3 new abilities and standard whips and energy blasts, was pretty disheartening.

Last edited:
I expected her to start becoming more and more corrupted throughout the movie and when she finally takes a moment to think about what she wants, she goes for what she wants (her goal in the final version of the movie)

I really enjoyed Black Widow and WandaVision
I enjoyed Black Widow when it first came out but in retrospect its not as good. Its really just carried by Yelena imo. The action is ight, but the whole movie feels a littles stale when your main antagonist is a gross abuser of homeless girls who controls assassins behind the scenes whos ultimate weapon is a poor portrayal (Just wanna clarify that its not about Taskmaster being a female) of Taskmaster who isn't successful in ANY of their given assignments.

WandaVision was quite creative but it loses value by feeding into Wanda avoiding consequences and little character development (despite the characters having fun personalities). It's good as a general mystery/sitcom show but not quite as a marvel project.

The magic style with Wanda was random energy blasts. She gained power from a cosmic book and that is what she does??? The odd thing, was why did Wanda try to blast Haley and Rambeau when she could have done what she did right before with Reed and Black Bolt.
She could've but she wasn't totally psycho in WandaVision. It was more of a "shut the **** up leave me alone" thing with WandaVision, especially with Monica instead of "get out of my way and die".

Wandas way of combat is energy spheres and blasts but she can do more than that, as we've seen in WandaVision, they just... didn't utilize any of her reality warping stuff outside of a couple miniscule moments earlier in the movie.

Marvels is a must watch movie for me so i'll watch the show if Kamala has a big role in the movie.
Yeah i'm watching everything regardless because at the very least if I dislike something I have to do it properly but man sincr she likely will be a big part of Marvel's you may have to watch it but it's just such a bottom feeder show with how much they go above and beyond to change and assassinate the character with the villains having 0 charm or character

The main fight I watched is Wanda killing the illuminati, uses energy blasts and TK redirecting to kill two of the illuminati, honestly felt like PIS.

I wished there was a larger battle to show how much they learned since their last appearance, and to see what they can really do in combat
Nah she's snatching people through reflection, deconstructing people, mindhaxing them and doing everything

B Tier (Okay/Feasible) - MoM, FATWS, Loki, Ep 10 of What if...? ,Eternals

C Tier (Meh) - WandaVision,

S (Amazing) : Shang Chi, NWH, What if ep 4 and ep 9, Moon Knight

A (Great) : Hawkeye, MoM, FATWS

B (Good) : Loki, What If EP 10, Black Widow, Ms Marvel (even though I watched 1 episode), what if ep 2, what if ep 5, what if ep 7

C (Alright) : Eternals, Wandavision, what if ep 3, what if ep 6

F (not that good/terrible): What if ep 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back