• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
a07g3zQ_460s.jpg

Everyone talking about Zeus flick but the real feat here is Thor's mind manipulation for getting women to fall unconscious simply by seeing him naked.
Thank god this version of Zeus is accurate to Greek mythology.
Not really, she’s pretty low tier in comparison to the higher tier villains. And she doesn’t have much depth to her from what I remember
I mean, she has more depth than 95% of the MCU villains...

Not really
I don't know about 95% but she's definitely better than most of them. Like (takes a deep breath): almost all villains of AoS save for HIVE, Vanko, Laufey, Malekith, Ronan, the pathetic shitty Russian villain from BW, Rumlow, the villain girl from Falcon & WS (can't remember her name), Davos, Mitchum, the Defenders villains (ALL of them), JJ season 2 and 3 villains, Elektra, Mysterio, Blonsky, Kaecilius, taskmaster (aka how to completely waste a fantastic character), Alexander Pierce, Darren Cross, Yon-Rogg, the Supreme Intelligence, Justin Hammer, the Runaways villains (save for Morgan), etc

Seriously, Hela is VASTLY superior to the large majority of the villains in the MCU

Last edited:
Also, something people should acknowledge, some villains DON'T NEED DEPTHS to be good. Morgoth from LOTR barely has any depths yet he's a fantastic villain. Iron Monger in the MCU isn't exactly a deep villain either yet he's a very good antagonist. Exdeath from FFV is literally just an evil sorcerer with an absolutely cliché evil laugh and is extremely good as well. Maleficent (the real one, not the one from the shitty live-action movie) is one of the best villains ever created by Disney (and to me THE best with Davy Jones), yet her motives are "I was insulted so I cursed a baby to death" at best and "I cursed a baby because I like to cause suffering" at worst.

You don't need your villain to have depths, you can make them power-hungry monsters who just want power/rule the world/kill for the sake of it without needing to give them depths or try to give them a tragic backstory (right Maleficent?) or good motives, you just have to make them interesting and memorable.

Also, something people should acknowledge, some villains DON'T NEED DEPTHS to be good. Morgoth from LOTR barely has any depths yet he's a fantastic villain. Iron Monger in the MCU isn't exactly a deep villain either yet he's a very good antagonist. Exdeath from FFV is literally just an evil sorcerer with an absolutely cliché evil laugh and is extremely good as well. Maleficent (the real one, not the one from the shitty live-action movie) is one of the best villains ever created by Disney (and to me THE best with Davy Jones), yet her motives are "I was insulted so I cursed a baby to death" at best and "I cursed a baby because I like to cause suffering" at worst.

You don't need your villain to have depths, you can make them power-hungry monsters who just want power/rule the world/kill for the sake of it without needing to give them depths or try to give them a tragic backstory (right Maleficent?) or good motives, you just have to make them interesting and memorable.
Your not wrong(I’ve gotten gotten used to complex villains so that’s mb) but agian in comparison to high tier villains she just isn’t as good. I mean like ultron is both entertaining and has some depth to him. With him basically going straight to genocide on the human race after going on the internet for a few seconds(lol) but still justifying his actions and all that

Your not wrong(I’ve gotten gotten used to complex villains so that’s mb) but agian in comparison to high tier villains she just isn’t as good. I mean like ultron is both entertaining and has some depth to him. With him basically going straight to genocide on the human race after going on the internet for a few seconds(lol) but still justifying his actions and all that
MCU Ultron sucks

I don't know about 95% but she's definitely better than most of them. Like (takes a deep breath): almost all villains of AoS save for HIVE, Vanko, Laufey, Malekith, Ronan, the pathetic shitty Russian villain from BW, Rumlow, the villain girl from Falcon & WS (can't remember her name), Davos, Mitchum, the Defenders villains (ALL of them), JJ season 2 and 3 villains, Elektra, Mysterio, Blonsky, Kaecilius, taskmaster (aka how to completely waste a fantastic character), Alexander Pierce, Darren Cross, Yon-Rogg, the Supreme Intelligence, Justin Hammer, the Runaways villains (save for Morgan), etc

Seriously, Hela is VASTLY superior to the large majority of the villains in the MCU
Her name was Carli or Carly, its that name but don’t remember the spelling

Either way the "one time generic MCU villain" trope needs to be toned down regardless, its getting beyond stale at this point and needs to be gradually weeded out imo. Thanos and Loki are the most popular MCU villains by a mile (both of which have appeared in multiple movies, go figure).

Who knows Love and Thunder might subvert the status quo and not kill off Gorr in the same movie he debuts in? (Unlike so many of his predecessors) Or perhaps this is just the hopeium speaking lol!

And yes we don't always need complex, multi-layered villains. I mean Frieza is a sadistic villain whose completely self-aware that he is evil, feared by many and he'll never change however he owns it, displays his power and shows some class while committing acts of pure evil (ohohohoho!) and BANG! you've got one of the most popular and iconic anime villains of all time (having a sleek as well as memorable design also helps too).

Anyway I digress... one more... ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back