• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quake is up! :3

image0-1-1-3.gif

So Spider-Man's shockwave is so powerful it travels all the way to MJ when she's at the statue of liberty, while Spider-Man is somewhere in Queens if i recall
Assuming Spider-Man was at the edge of Queens for lowballing that's a distance of about 11.74km or 11740m
unknown.png

The shockwave didn't have a lot of pressure as it simply knocked MJ back, however it seemingly damaged the metal railing so i will use 0.2757 bars as the pressure
Shockwave Yield = 11740m^3 x ((27136 x 0.2757 + 8649)^(1:2) : 13568 - 93 : 13568)^2 = 10164143 Tons of TNT or 10.16 Megatons (City level)

So far the reviews I'm seeing from Empire and Independent Magazine are pretty good, even if the shows not perfect if it ends up being something with its own identity and endearing in its own right I'll be more than happy with it

Ok just watched it

Thought it was pretty good. Oscar Isaac is definitely great in the role, he perfectly displays paranoia and madness, every scene he's alone notably really give us that feeling he's helpless (the "I can't give you that, it's not me" scene is excellent). The costume doesn't appear often but it's neat. Harrow is a bit meh, the actor is great an all but once again he's a misguided bad guy who wants to heal people and sees himself as good but commits many atrocities in doing so. The "snap" sequences are quite good to, we really have that impression of a sudden moment of change. The glass scene at the end wasn't that great, even a bit cliché but still good.

Khonshu (probably the aspect I wanted to see the most) zig zaggs a bit. He's a bit too humorous for my taste, sorry not sorry but I had serious Venom vibes from it (the first movie, the so-bad-it's-good one) when he's possessing Marc but at the same time, he's really imposing when he appears by himself (love the design btw). The atmosphere is really good and different from the rest of the MCU, Egyptian Mythology is not my favorite (I largely prefer Greek, Norse and Mesopotamian) but it's fascinating and I'm glad we get more of it and I hope they will make it as interesting as possible.

Overall, it was quite good and encouraging, though not exceptional nor without flaws. 7,5/10

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back