• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
SPIDEYVENOM003.jpg

Dammit Tom! Calm the f*** down!

So I've been wondering. Our current MCU Iron Man page is kind of a composite between different models, notably mark 6 to 47 (Excluding mark 44). To avoid this, do you think we should do what the 616 Iron Man page does and create seperate profiles? Like yes, it's a long and tedious process, but I think it does allow for better accuracy. Also I should note, unlike the comics, I think only the most notable Iron man suits should have profiles, that being:

• Mark 1
  • Mark 2
  • Mark 3
  • Mark 6
  • Mark 7
  • Mark 42
  • Mark 43
  • Mark 44
  • Mark 45
  • Mark 46
  • Mark 48
  • Mark 50
  • Mark 85

Reasoning for this because a lot of suits between Mark 7 to Mark 42 have very little screentime and not that much significance. It's not like the Thorbuster where even tho it appeared for like one issue, the Thorbuster had a pretty significant appearance. As for Toy's page, I imagine it being like this:

Tier: 9-C. Varies up to At most 6-C with Iron Man Armors

We can just change link the armors in his Equipment section.

Last edited:
So I've been wondering. Our current MCU Iron Man page is kind of a composite between different models, notably mark 6 to 47 (Excluding mark 44). To avoid this, do you think we should do what the 616 Iron Man page does and create seperate profiles? Like yes, it's a long and tedious process, but I think it does allow for better accuracy. Also I should note, unlike the comics, I think only the most notable Iron man suits should have profiles, that being:

• Mark 1
  • Mark 2
  • Mark 3
  • Mark 4
  • Mark 5
  • Mark 6
  • Mark 7
  • Mark 42
  • Mark 43
  • Mark 44
  • Mark 45
  • Mark 46
  • Mark 47
  • Mark 48
  • Mark 50
  • Mark 85

Reasoning for this because a lot of suits between Mark 7 to Mark 42 have very little screentime and not that much significance. It's not like the Thorbuster where even tho it appeared for like one issue, the Thorbuster had a preety significant appearance. As for Toy's page, I imagine it being like this:

Tier: 9-C. Varies from 8-C to At most 6-C with Iron Man Armors

I can get behind this, also admittedly i've had a hard time reading through his page several times just because of how many keys he has
also this reminds me i should get around to watching the iron man movies

I think it is significant enough?
IIRC it's only feats were beating up Ivan by punching him in his exposed body parts after mostly getting trashed by Ivan

We do know it has Repulsor beams and the usual HUD system but does it have flight or anything else notable.

Same goes for Mark I Ivan he's 8-C in general despite just wearing an exposed power suit and being a regular human.

• Mark 1
  • Mark 2
  • Mark 3
  • Mark 4
  • Mark 5
  • Mark 6
  • Mark 7
  • Mark 42
  • Mark 43
  • Mark 44
  • Mark 45
  • Mark 46
  • Mark 47
  • Mark 48
  • Mark 50
  • Mark 85

Reasoning for this because a lot of suits between Mark 7 to Mark 42 have very little screentime and not that much significance. It's not like the Thorbuster where even tho it appeared for like one issue, the Thorbuster had a preety significant appearance. As for Toy's page, I imagine it being like this:

I think this is a good idea, but I don’t think all of those suits are necessary.

Like the Mark 4, did that really do anything too relevant? The Mark 5 definitely didn’t (even though it’s cool), and the Mark 47 was only in Homecoming and its only feat is pushing the boat iirc.

• Mark 1
  • Mark 2
  • Mark 3
  • Mark 4
  • Mark 5
  • Mark 6
  • Mark 7
  • Mark 42
  • Mark 43
  • Mark 44
  • Mark 45
  • Mark 46
  • Mark 47
  • Mark 48
  • Mark 50
  • Mark 85

Reasoning for this because a lot of suits between Mark 7 to Mark 42 have very little screentime and not that much significance. It's not like the Thorbuster where even tho it appeared for like one issue, the Thorbuster had a pretty significant appearance. As for Toy's page, I imagine it being like this:

I'm honestly down for that

I think this is a good idea, but I don’t think all of those suits are necessary.

Like the Mark 4, did that really do anything too relevant? The Mark 5 definitely didn’t (even though it’s cool), and the Mark 47 was only in Homecoming and its only feat is pushing the boat iirc.
Maybe so. I think excluding Mark 4, 5 and 47 is acceptable

I wish the Iron Legion got some more love. There's a lot of different models that are designed for specific purposes, but I doubt they'd get profiles 😔
Sadly yeah, they didn't really have much feats or any at all. At best, we can just say they should be more advanced than Mark 3, but eh.

As for the Mark 5, it's a bit of a weird one, as it logically seems like it's inferior to most other suits Stark made at that time to some extent, though it's unclear exactly what and how much was traded off to allow for the portability aspect of it. At the very least, it seems to be lacking in weaponry beyond repulsors, and it never demonstrates the ability to fly.

Whiplash Mark 1, which was made with considerably more limited resources (though using Arc Reactor blueprints) which Stark described as "a passable knockoff" of his own technology, could deal a decent amount of damage to the Mark 5 and the whips could stop repulsor blasts. This suggests that either Vanko's Arc Reactor technology could still output 8-C+ levels of energy despite the limited resources used to make it and the "not very efficient" design that Stark mentions, or that the Mark 5 is weaker than Stark's usual armors. The Mark 5 is obviously vastly lighter than standard armors, being handled like a regular suitcase, according to the design team of Iron Man 2, a standard armor was considered to weigh around 600-800 pounds.

As a note, I don't think Whiplash Mark 1's durability should scale to his AP. His harness doesn't seem like it gives that much protection, and the best feat he has is withstanding Happy ramming him with a car (which should be 9-B) When fighting Iron Man Mark 5, he never gets get by any repulsor blasts, blocking all of them with his whips, and Iron Man beats him in seconds once he gets in direct melee range.

This video has essentially all the feats of Whiplash Mark 1 and Iron Man Mark 5.

Most relevant feats:

Whiplash easily slices cars: 0:26, 0:36, 1:21, 2:55-3:08 (Not sure what tier that would be, could be worth calcing)

Iron Man kicks away car: 3:30 (probably Class 5 LS)

So essentially, I do think there's enough to warrant a Mark 5 profile, if we can figure out how to scale it. Either keep it 8-C+ as it currently is, or calc Whiplash slicing cars and scale to that.

As for the Mark 5, it's a bit of a weird one, as it logically seems like it's inferior to most other suits Stark made at that time to some extent, though it's unclear exactly what and how much was traded off to allow for the portability aspect of it. At the very least, it seems to be lacking in weaponry beyond repulsors, and it never demonstrates the ability to fly.

Whiplash Mark 1, which was made with considerably more limited resources (though using Arc Reactor blueprints) which Stark described as "a passable knockoff" of his own technology, could deal a decent amount of damage to the Mark 5 and the whips could stop repulsor blasts. This suggests that either Vanko's Arc Reactor technology could still output 8-C+ levels of energy despite the limited resources used to make it and the "not very efficient" design that Stark mentions, or that the Mark 5 is weaker than Stark's usual armors. The Mark 5 is obviously vastly lighter than standard armors, being handled like a regular suitcase, according to the design team of Iron Man 2, a standard armor was considered to weigh around 600-800 pounds.

As a note, I don't think Whiplash Mark 1's durability should scale to his AP. His harness doesn't seem like it gives that much protection, and the best feat he has is withstanding Happy ramming him with a car (which should be 9-B) When fighting Iron Man Mark 5, he never gets get by any repulsor blasts, blocking all of them with his whips, and Iron Man beats him in seconds once he gets in direct melee range.

This video has essentially all the feats of Whiplash Mark 1 and Iron Man Mark 5.

Most relevant feats:

Whiplash easily slices cars: 0:26, 0:36, 1:21, 2:55-3:08 (Not sure what tier that would be, could be worth calcing)

Iron Man kicks away car: 3:30 (probably Class 5 LS)

So essentially, I do think there's enough to warrant a Mark 5 profile, if we can figure out how to scale it. Either keep it 8-C+ as it currently is, or calc Whiplash slicing cars and scale to that.
I feel like you're putting it on the wrong thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back