• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't be the only one who finds the movie looks really... eh. Like nothing about it looks exciting.
nothing really... pops... sure, big feats, celestial introduction, but I'm all about characters and these characters look... bad... after the last year, I have no more faith in the MCU's ability to produce anything worth billions of dollars... WandaVision wasn't, FaTWS wasn't, Loki wasn't, BW certainly wasn't, and Shang-Chi wasn't either... I think it's safe to say the prime of this franchise has come and gone...

nothing really... pops... sure, big feats, celestial introduction, but I'm all about characters and these characters look... bad... after the last year, I have no more faith in the MCU's ability to produce anything worth billions of dollars... WandaVision wasn't, FaTWS wasn't, Loki wasn't, BW certainly wasn't, and Shang-Chi wasn't either... I think it's safe to say the prime of this franchise has come and gone...
Phase 4 is hi8t or miss imo and isn't as solid as the past 3 phases.

• Spider Man far from home was pretty alright, not as good as homecoming imo but still good.
  • Wandavision was good from the beginning and then just went downhill from there.
  • Falcon and the winter soldier as a whole felt shaky
  • Loki had a really rocky started but the finale was great
  • Black widow was terrible
  • What If was pretty good for the most part until the finale, although the finale is not the worst thing ever
  • Shang Chi was Good

Eternals looks meh but No way home and the Hawkeye series looks promising, and there's venom coming so there's that.

5kskno.jpg

AbandonedAggravatingBoilweevil-size_restricted.gif

*Spider-Man: Far From Home was okay. Had its moments like the illusion scene and the bridge fight.

*WandaVision was good. The set designs, the costumes, the intros. Elizabeth Olsen, Kathryn Hahn and Paul Bettany gave amazing performances. Wanda becoming the Scarlet Witch was really good moment. By looking at the amount of celebs that appreciated it, the show was a success.

*The Falcon and The Winter Soldier was not as bad as people say. Isaiah Bradley's past was really emotional. America's history being built by exploiting black people, and real life parallels to the Tuskegee Experiment. Sam becoming Cap was a really good moment. Walker killing the Flag Smasher was jaw dropping. I don't know about the Sharon Carter Power Broker twist, if they use it in future it could be good.

*Loki was fun. Tom Hiddleston ever charming. Owen Wilson, Sophia Di Martino, Wunmi Mosaku and Gugu Mbatha-Raw gave amazing performances. The anti-bureaucracy message was good. Johnathan Majors played a captivating mix of Architect from The Matrix and Willy Wonka. Natalie Holt's theme was 🔥🔥. And the Multiverse was finally introduced in MCU.

*Black Widow was okay. Good action. Florence Pugh as Yelena was a heartsteal. David Harbour's Red Guardian was funny. A few scenes were good, like the Smells Like Teen Spirit opening, the dinner table scene, "It was real for me too". I am indifferent about the Taskmaster twist.

*Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings was 🔥🔥. The action scenes were 🔥🔥. Wenwu was an amazing villain. The CGI was amazing. The Kaiju fight at the end was worth the theatre experience. The representation of Chinese mythology was pleasing. Shang Chi could be a worthy addition to the Avengers.

*I don't know why people hate What If. It was fun. It fixed a lot of previous MCU issues like lack of communication between female characters. Captain Carter waifu. The animation was really good. It gave a satisfactory Age of Ultron and a good closure to the story of the characters while setting up the future of the show. Jeffrey Wright's narration was ❤️❤️

Last edited:
*Spider-Man: Far From Home was okay. Had its moments like the illusion scene and the bridge fight.

*WandaVision was good. The set designs, the costumes, the intros. Elizabeth Olsen, Kathryn Hahn and Paul Bettany gave amazing performances. Wanda becoming the Scarlet Witch was really good moment. By looking at the amount of celebs that appreciated it, the show was a success.

*The Falcon and The Winter Soldier was not as bad as people say. Isaiah Bradley's past was really emotional. America's history being built by exploiting black people, and real life parallels to the Tuskegee Experiment. Sam becoming Cap was a really good moment. Walker killing the Flag Smasher was jaw dropping. I don't know about the Sharon Carter Power Broker twist, if they use it in future it could be good.

*Loki was fun. Tom Hiddleston ever charming. Owen Wilson, Sophia Di Martino, Wunmi Mosaku and Gugu Mbatha-Raw gave amazing performances. The anti-bureaucracy message was good. Johnathan Majors played a captivating mix of Architect from The Matrix and Willy Wonka. Natalie Holt's theme was 🔥🔥. And the Multiverse was finally introduced in MCU.

*Black Widow was okay. Good action. Florence Pugh as Yelena was a heartsteal. David Harbour's Red Guardian was funny. A few scenes were good, like the Smells Like Teen Spirit opening, the dinner table scene, "It was real for me too". I am indifferent about the Taskmaster twist.

*Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings was 🔥🔥. The action scenes were 🔥🔥. Wenwu was an amazing villain. The CGI was amazing. The Kaiju fight at the end was worth the theatre experience.

*I don't know why people hate What If. It was fun. It fixed a lot of previous MCU issues like lack of communication between female characters. Captain Carter waifu. The animation was really good. It gave a satisfactory Age of Ultron and a good closure to the story of the characters while setting up the future of the show. Jeffrey Wright's narration was ❤️❤️
This is quite literally the only take so far I can say I agree with wholely because I feel the exact same about for these things we've gotten from phase 4 so far, I'm actually quite excited and genuinely so too for what's to come which seems to be the hot take here unfortunately

WandaVision from what i heard is enjoyable but has teribile plot
The plot is great and for general audiences and a majority of people it was a hit but the finale could've been better though it was affected by covid such as a lot of other phase 4 stuff so I'd still say that cuts some slack to these works, also as laha said celebrities really love WandaVision too and it's a success whether you'd like to agree to that or not it's kinda just a fact

who hated What if tho? i can understand if thr talking about the ending with the ultron fight.

WandaVision is a hit. The show has ended 7 months ago but is still among the Top 10 streaming shows in US.
Just like Xialing succeeded Wenwu in MCU, Sasha should succeed Mandarin in the comics too. I mean, we have a biracial fem CEO who could be a worthy opponent to Tony Stark and is the heir to both Mandarin and Hammer's empires, but Marvel just forgot?
Eternals looks like a quality movie from the point of filmmaking. And believe it or not, MCU is lacking in diversity compared to DC properties. We still don't have a MCU project having a black woman as lead, DC does with Naomi.
What If fixed many issues previous MCU movies were criticized for. Lack of interactions between women, lack of chemistry between Jane and Thor, the whole of Age of Ultron, lack of stakes.
Spitting facts

Stark and Gamora became besties, T'Challa got a new brother- Peter Quill, Thor and Jane got their date, Peggy got her happy ending (?), Strange got a toy to play with, Killmonger got punished, Nat got a new home, and the Watcher got a new role in this vast infinite Multiverse. A perfect ending. Reminded me of the first Avengers movie

Eternals looks like a quality movie from the point of filmmaking. And believe it or not, MCU is lacking in diversity compared to DC properties. We still don't have a MCU project having a black woman as lead, DC does with Naomi.
"MCU is getting woke" no bro it is slower than DC in diversity. Eternals is having the first openly LGBT character that won't be one line of dialogue hinting their sexuality. DC had a trans woman as a superhero on TV years before Marvel. There is a change in Disney's policies and it's appreciable.

I can't be the only one who finds the movie looks really... eh. Like nothing about it looks exciting.
I'm quite excited about it actually (I think I've already proved it lol) but mostly for the world-building and feats it can give us. We're definitely entering the mythical and more cosmic aspect of the MCU and the movie will be the peak of this. Celestials and Eternals, their impact over the MCU, the fact that Eternals were worshipped as gods, the visuals with the golden powers that really highlights the divine-like aspect of theses characters, it's very exciting and promising for me. But again, I'm more about what this movie will bring to the lore and in terms of power and mythos, I'm not that excited by the story itself, though I hope it will be good

For me, the last MCU products are a bit of a zigg-zagg in terms of quality:

• FFH wasn't great honestly, it was fun but that's it, the only thing that was truly great was the illusion scene
  • Wanda & Vision was good at showing Wanda's issues and dealing with losses, Agatha Harkness was great, it finally introduces the Scarlet Witch, the costumes and multiple references were great to, same for the effects and the actors, overall the show was honestly really good but there were some moments a bit too slow and the Ralph joke was just baiting and a kind of stupid idea (I wish he was Mephisto instead)
  • Falcon & WS was better than I expected, Isaiah was a good character, ZEMO was great, the series didn't hesitate to tackle sensitive subjects in a good way and US Soldier was definitely really good but other than that, it wasn't mind blowing and far from being the best (I still don't care about Sam even if I have a better opinion about him as a character now and some episodes felt meh)
  • Loki was quite good, Tom Hiddleston is just as good as he always was and the other actors were great as well, the world-building is actually good, Sylvie is a good characte, it gives us Classic Loki and Croco Loki wich were quite memorable and He Who Remains was actually great but it wasted potential like President Loki or the supposed leaders of the TVA, the action sequences weren't great at all and, to my great regret, instead of a having a Villain Protagonist Loki out for himself wich would have been refreshing, they turned him into a full-blown hero, even more than the mainstream Loki
  • BW was really bad for me. Aside from Scarlet and the other actors being great and the intro being really excellent and surprisingly dark, the plot is stupid on more than one occasion, the action sequences are good at best but nothing we never saw in countless movies about explosions and car chases in big cities, the villain was ridiculous, the humor was really clumsy and forced (the dinner scene and the post-credit scene) and Taskmaster was wasted to the extreme (and we could have done something really great even by turning Taskmaster into a woman but closer to the comics version)
  • Shang-Shi was very good though, good actors (Tony Leung is great), Wenwu was a great character, the action sequences are great, the effects were really good, the fact that most of the time characters speak in Chinese was really immersive and it showed us a new aspect of the MCU but it also had its bad moments like Ben Kingsley being a comic relief, the Dweller being a bit wasted, humor that was clumsy at times and other stuff like that

Eternals is the movie I expect the most with Multiverse of Madness due to the sheer potential it has both in terms of power, feats and lore and the sheer scale it will introduce in the franchise. NWH is a bit more...controversial for me because I mostly want to see it just to see the mix between all the live-action versions of Spider-Man and the actual movie doesn't really interest me (unless they do pull out a twist, should it be Mephisto like some say or something else)

Forgot to put What if lol

For me, it was mixed. It was really great to explore the Multiverse and see alternate events from the main continuity, it gave us really cool elements to deal with. Strange Supreme is by far the absolute success of the series, between his design, his episode wich was absolute excellent and had everything we need (tragedy, impressive power feats, spectacular visuals, excellent ost, Cumberbatch being great and the surprisingly dark ending, and the character himself was great and proved to be the OG of the series, the Watcher is very cool as well and a well-developped character, the animation is cool, the actor is really good (R.I.P Chadwick), the action sequences are very cool as well, the series gave us some good twist (the Yellow-Jacket one) and the Ultron Won episode was great as well.

On the other hand, the series has many, MANY continuity errors, some elements were clearly wasted (Ego, Thanos as a whole of course), some episodes were meh (T'Challa and Captain Carter), the last episode was a bit ridiculous at times, Ultron doesn't use the full potential of the Stones (and once again, the Soul Stone does NOTHING even though it could be great to see something out of it) so we don't see more of what they're capable of in terms of hax, Tony becoming Kenny and Gamora's introduction being rushed since we didn't see her episode, there are moments that just felt like pure fan-service (and without being greatly done at that) and the episode lengths for each one are far too short to really expand upon them in full (except Strange wich perfectly balances everything).

Overall, It's actually quite good and even great on some aspect (again, STRANGE) but not as good as it should have been.

Last edited:
Btw what are yall predixtion of how strange got space time spell în nwh even though he lost the time stone ?
It feels really weird that a spell that is supposed to wipe out the memories of all people in the world ends up mixing timelines honestly (and a bit of a cheap excuse to mix the live-action versions of Spidey into one movie), hence why the multiple theories about something (or someone) being behind the spell going off the rail

It feels really weird that a spell that is supposed to wipe out the memories of all people in the world ends up mixing timelines honestly (and a bit of a cheap excuse to mix the live-action versions of Spidey into one movie), hence why the multiple theories about something (or someone) being behind the spell going off the rail
I Think is cuz the spell also warps space time for some reason
Iirc it was stated it does that în the trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back