• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This. This is one of the things I want to see the most in the series, a universe with an Odin taking things in his own hands and going all-out to show some crazy feats and hax
Like we know he was a conqueror in the past so the What If? could be about if he never changed? Like imagine him genociding the Frost Giants and raising Thor and Hela as his executioners, using them to dominate the Realms and the unvierse at large?
You could have a strange hodgepodge of Avengers based on resisting the Allfather's rule. Imagine Star Lord, Captain America, Thanos and others all being a desperate resistance movement against Odin and Thor.
Let the carnage begin...
Hope he takes a friend, one is the loneliest number after all

More Magic and more Odin, that's all I need. Give use PRIME ODIN. Also an episode with Ego winning. We might get that one day, there's a shot in the trailer fro the final episode where we see him using a tentacle of light on Peter. Maybe the season will end on a cliffhanger with him winning

Also good to see Quicksilver doesn't exist (outside an unfunny joke in WandaVision) in the MCU anymore. S2 of "What if...?" above all else needs to give other characters some attention (We barely got to see other Avengers like War Machine, Scott Lang (Ant-Man), Falcon, etc get any action).

Meanwhile they have no problem killing off Tony at every opportunity... :/.

*What if... Quicksilver survived the AoU?
*What if... Iron-man joined the GotG?
*What if... Loki was worthy?
*What if... Zombies (Part 2?)
*What if... New Avengers?
*What if... Hydra won?
*What if... Mutants?
*What if... Odin never stopped his conquest?
*What if... The Eternals intervened from the beginning?

Also good to see Quicksilver doesn't exist (outside an unfunny joke in WandaVision) in the MCU anymore. S2 of "What if...?" above all else needs to give other characters some attention (We barely got to see other Avengers like War Machine, Scott Lang (Ant-Man), Falcon, etc get any action).

Meanwhile they have no problem killing off Tony at every opportunity... :/.

*What if... Quicksilver survived the AoU?
*What if... Iron-man joined the GotG?
*What if... Loki was worthy?
*What if... Zombies (Part 2?)
*What if... New Avengers?
*What if... Hydra won?
*What if... Mutants?
*What if... Odin never stopped his conquest?
*What if... The Eternals intervened from the beginning?
Adding to this
  • What If..... Thanos won the Endgame?
  • What If...... Scarlet Witch became Sorceror Supreme?
  • What If....... Spider-Man joined Captain America?
  • What If?....... Ego succeeded?

Just finished and it was ok not good and not bad

I feel like they should have developed the relationship between eddy and kletus more since he apparently knows a lot about eddies past and wanted to be his friend or some crap. Ditto for venom and carnage, I like how they actually give carnage a personality and stuff but I would have liked to see venom somewhat conflicted on killing his own son and maybe vice versa but that’s just me. Also the cop getting powers out of nowhere was very weird with like no build up or foreshadowing. The comedy didn’t slap as much as the first but it was decent. Overall I think I’ll give this like a 6/10

"reliable scooper Daniel Richtman revealed that Marvel Studios is planning to give Daredevil his own project again down the line with Charlie Cox in the leading role. However, in the meantime, Richtman goes on to say that the upcoming Echo show will feature the return of most of the main cast from Daredevil, who will all play big parts.

Richtman mentions how the show may feel like Daredevil Season 4 because of it, but clarifies, saying: "to be clear, this is still very much Echo's show," and that "Echo is still the lead and it's her show."

The scooper divulged how these returning characters will be "somewhat soft rebooted into the MCU," What does this mean?

Well, they will all still have a history with one another, but some may look different in ways and boast slightly new backgrounds. The same actors will be bringing them to life through this change, though."

I mean with how much we've been getting told about daredevil stuff coming back into different properties and the characters making appearances with the same actors reprising their roles I'd think it's somewhat safe to say at the very least of any if the Netflix marvel shows were to still somewhat be Canon it'd likely be daredevil and that we should hold off even longer before actually deciding which shows are still canon to the MCU

"somewhat soft rebooted into the MCU," What does this mean?
A soft reboot means that stuff will be taken from the original but not everything will be carried over or made canon.

For example the 2008 Hulk movie is a soft reboot of the 2003 one. They end in the same area, the way Banner transformed is the same and there's other minor similarities between the two. When the former came out some people thought it was actually just a sequel to the 2003 version.

So at the moment except DD and maybe some actors to return, but major plot events may be changed or ignored.

A soft reboot means that stuff will be taken from the original but not everything will be carried over or made canon.

For example the 2008 Hulk movie is a soft reboot of the 2003 one. They end in the same area, the way Banner transformed is the same and there's other minor similarities between the two. When the former came out some people thought it was actually just a sequel to the 2003 version.

So at the moment except DD and maybe some actors to return, but major plot events may be changed or ignored.
Oh lol Ik what it means this is all quoted from the source😭😭
The scooper divulged how these returning characters will be "somewhat soft rebooted into the MCU," What does this mean?

Well, they will all still have a history with one another, but some may look different in ways and boast slightly new backgrounds. The same actors will be bringing them to life through this change, though."
See but thanks sorry I made you end up explaining that

For real though, what happened to making the Iron Legion and remotely piloted suits?
In Iron Man 3, self-detonating all his suit was a step for him get over his obssesion over the armors and to aliviate his relationship with Pepper.

After Age of Ultron, I do say he grew skeptical over having multiple Iron Drones flying around after a evil I.A took them over, so he decided to simply have a single suit active.

Granted, he still can remotely manipulate it, such as when he saved Peter from a fall while he was in India... And later rebuild another army of drones controlled by EDITH, so huh.

I'm hoping a soft reboot in this case is more like what The Force Awakens was for the original Star Wars trilogy, in that the previous movies are still very much canon and are referenced, but are not technically required to watch to understand the new story, which can act as a jumping on point for new viewers.

Ideally, the changes to the characters being mentioned are either retcons that aren't impossible to reconcile with the events of the show or results of the amount of time that would have passed since the end of Daredevil Season 3 (That I think took place somewhere around late 2017-early 2018, whereas the Echo series, assuming it takes place post Hawkeye/No Way Home, would have to take place somewhere around 2024/2025)

Really, none of the Netflix shows have anything that contradict the MCU as far as I can recall, as the Netflix shows were meant to take place before Infinity War, and I'm pretty sure no dates or references to time passing go beyond Spring 2018, which would stay before the Snap, so disregarding them as canon feels unnecessary.

Last edited:
I'm hoping a soft reboot in this case is more like what The Force Awakens was for the original Star Wars trilogy, in that the previous movies are still very much canon and are referenced, but are not technically required to watch to understand the new story, which can act as a jumping on point for new viewers.

Ideally, the changes to the characters being mentioned are either retcons that aren't impossible to reconcile with the events of the show or results of the amount of time that would have passed since the end of Daredevil Season 3 (That I think took place somewhere around late 2017-early 2018, whereas the Echo series, assuming it takes place post Hawkeye/No Way Home, would have to take place somewhere around 2024/2025)

Really, none of the Netflix shows have anything that contradict the MCU as far as I can recall, as the Netflix shows were meant to take place before Infinity War, and I'm pretty sure no dates or references to time passing go beyond Spring 2018, which would stay before the Snap, so disregarding them as canon feels unnecessary.
Yeah they're not contradictory and pretty much follow the main MCU timeline pretty accurately

Huh, I swear we did but whatever. Can you link a vid or scan for proof of said statement or showing?
Yeah I'm getting videos together
I think that some kind of Matter Manipulation should be added to the profile, but for the rest it's good.
We discussed matter manipulation previously I think it was dealt away with unfortunately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back