• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, just did the Asgard calc and getting started on the Xandar one. Idk how I would calc them all blowing up at once other than just stacking all of them together which I don't think is allowed so I'm just sticking to Xandar by itself.

Btw, Asgard calc came out to Country+ cuz the fragments moved across Asgard in literally .2 seconds. It's literally like a hair away from Large Country lol

imo this episode would probably be better with like, an hour run time or something.
  • Initial set up
  • Show the Vision fight
  • Show Vision getting rid of Strange The Ancient One for the Time Stone
  • Thanos gets some stones and attacks Earth, but either have an actual fight or just cut to black afterwards with Ultron the winner. The soul stone can just be like, a Loki thing or something idk
  • Rest of the episode can be the same
That would fix the bulk of my problems with it.

Last edited:
Also it would've been cooler to have Ultron utilize both the mind stone and time stone to fight Thanos with the Gauntlet but no.

We gotta make the big bad of the entire infinity saga who's hyped as this extremely powerful dude look like a clown.

What no I ain't salty wdym

Hey man, I'm just saying, WandaVision started off great and ended terribly, FATWS was boring, at one point pushes racial politics, did pretty poor writing and maced characters, not to mention the queerbaiting, Loki was garbage through and through with him being absolutely incompetant the entire time and him having some weird half-incest relationship with himself, pushed feminism, Black widow was awful and just a complete shredding of characters entirely let's ignore the fact all the people were killed in the prison, and Shang-Chi 100% ignored the comics and did nothing special or surprising at all. These What-Ifs have been just awful, Captain Carter was the only that got me to a half-smile and that was it. Everything else in this show has been awful, f***ed powerscaling, maced characters, and just been overall uninteresting. I'm praying that Let There Be Carnage will be good and that Eternals (although I have low expectations for it) will pull through.
Yeah. I feel like a lot of the What Ifs either needed more time or more oversight to them.

Though that's probably just my salty fanfiction fanboy ideas butting into reality. Thanos was done dirty to much though.
I think you're giving yourself too little credit bro, you're definitely not wrong

And Thanos didn't spontaneously pop into existence at that time either lol
I guess in my like, perfect world this episode would've had
  • A Vision vs Avengers fight, with Vision winning with phase spam
  • Vision and the Ultron legions post-nukes to attack and kill the mages to get the time stone
  • Some alien alliance comes to back Thanos, since he can use the IG to beat Vision. Which is how he gets the Power, Space, and Reality Stone
  • The Soul Stone can maybe come from Loki killing himself to make up to Thor idk
  • Vision beats Thanos then goes on to wreck the rest of the MCU and I'd include a scene of him stomping Hela as well. Maybe just add her in with the CM fight

I mean hey, Guardians were where they were supposed to be.... I think
GotG2 was in 2014, just later on iirc. So yeah they were in the right spot. Thanos was..... way ahead of schedule though.

idk how to calc the other planets in combination tho
Here's an example of two calcs that feature multiple celestial objects exploding: 1 2

Easiest way would be to use the first calc. So do an ang sizing calc to get a distance from the front of the screen (the furthest planet) to Xandar, get a distance, then get a surface area, then divide the GBE by that Surface area.

Here's an example of two calcs that feature multiple celestial objects exploding: 1 2

Easiest way would be to use the first calc. So do an ang sizing calc to get a distance from the front of the screen (the furthest planet) to Xandar, get a distance, then get a surface area, then divide the GBE by that Surface area.
So just use the inverse square law method you suggested in the first calc?

So just use the inverse square law method you suggested in the first calc?
Yeah. As long as you get distance you can get SA of the explosion. Then get the Frontal Surface Area of the planet (just divide the Earth's SA in half) and plug in GBE, then you can get a number. If you need help with the last part, just give the me the distance you find and I can take it from there.
I know what I just realized? We have never seen a single fight with Odin. We’ve hear him box power beings and we’ve seen him about to fight but never a full on action secne. All he dose is so of a few abilities and die. Talk about a waste
The other thing I would change is expand on the "Ant-Man kills the Avengers" episode and end it with Odin demolishing Captain Marvel, only for a Worthy Cap to stop him before he kills her. Then he leaves after he realized what he's done.

Or something like that idk. That episode is the best time to have him fight someone though in my view.

Yeah. As long as you get distance you can get SA of the explosion. Then get the Frontal Surface Area of the planet (just divide the Earth's SA in half) and plug in GBE, then you can get a number. If you need help with the last part, just give the me the distance you find and I can take it from there.

The other thing I would change is expand on the "Ant-Man kills the Avengers" episode and end it with Odin demolishing Captain Marvel, only for a Worthy Cap to stop him before he kills her. Then he leaves after he realized what he's done.

Or something like that idk. That episode is the best time to have him fight someone though in my view.
Honestly I kinda blame the runtime, if the writers were given a bigger budget and run time I think what if could be so much better. Especially with episodes like the zombies

Okay, so slight problem, would I use the SA of a ring or something for the explosion since the explosion on Xandar just produces a ring that blasts its way all across the area and hits the planet? I'll probably just ask you once I find the distance honestly

would I use the SA of a ring or something for the explosion since the explosion on Xandar just produces a ring that blasts its way all across the area and hits the planet?
When I watched the video on frame by frame, the explosive ring didn't need to touch a planet to cause an explosion, since it missed two planets/moons and they still exploded. So I would just wager those are the fastest moving projectiles of the wave rather than just the wave itself.

When I watched the video on frame by frame, the explosive ring didn't need to touch a planet to cause an explosion, since it missed two planets/moons and they still exploded. So I would just wager those are the fastest moving projectiles of the wave rather than just the wave itself.
Okay, I got the total distance from Xandar itself to the planet. It's 1267908775 m

Ngl I think that distance is rather tiny but lets roll with it for now (for example Earth to Mars is like 54.6 billion meters)
  • SA = 4πr^2
  • SA = 4 * π * 1267908775^2
  • SA =2.02016052e+19 m^2
Earth's surface area is 510,000,000 square kilometers or 5.1e+14 m^2
  • 5.1e+14 / 2 = 2.55e+14 for the Frontal Surface Area
  • 2.487e+32 / (2.55e+14 / 2.02016052e+19) = 1.97025e+37 Joules (High 5-A)

I was gonna do him eating the galaxy and the blast it caused but then I realized I had no idea how to do that. Ultron's size in general though should be like 3-B considering his head alone was the size of a galaxy. I could probably do it rn if you want
Him destroying a portion of the galaxy would just be 4-A, which is much lower than what his AP would be

Him destroying a portion of the galaxy would just be 4-A, which is much lower than what his AP would be
The blast actually engulfed the whole galaxy but I had no idea how I would even calc that since I don't know any method I'd calc that. Anyways, I'm calcing his size rn and I'm gonna add it to the list of feats I made

Anyways I feel Ultron's rating is going to be weird. Like it'll vary depending on if he uses the Stones or not.
Yeah; he definitely has some good stuff based off Marvel just smashing him through Xandar so that should help
So maybe like, "Varies up to 3-C/3-A" or something?
I’m thinking that works
His nuking Ego could be good to calc tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back