• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan

VS Battles
Calculation Group
I brought this up in another thread. The speed of MCU peak humans need to be revised.

1. The calc that gives Hawkeye subsonic combat speed actually gives Hawkeye Supersonic perception/reaction speed, cuz it's 0.0098 seconds. That's not combat speed though, do not mistake perception speed and combat speed, combat speed takes distance into account.

2. In my opinion, peak humans should not automatically scale to peak humans. Gamora and some other Guardians of the Galaxy scales to Hawkeye, simply because they are superhumans and should be superior to peak humans. I think this scaling is very unreliable. They should either be downgraded to Superhuman/Peak Human because they are superhumans, or list them as unknown.

Yes. I suppose Matthew is busy as usual.

Half of the knowledgeable members are useless, 1 has left, 1 is banned, 1 is inactive, 1 never replies. That leaves the real cal howard.

This first one is extremely consistent because Black Widow can easily blitz people, and dodge bullets

I completley agree with the second one. Black Widow and Hawkeye clearly scale far above normal humans, they have also kept up with Chitauri and Ultron Drones in Combat.

Can I point out a problem with the speed stats that we have?

Winter Soldier: Supersonic combat speed

Black Widow: Subsonic combat speed

Sharon Carter: Subsonic Combat speed

Black Panther (without armor, haven't seen his movie yet so I assume that's what "depowered" means on his profile): Peak Human

Crossbones: Possibly Supersonic

Scarlet Witch: Supersonic

Hawkeye: Subsonic combat speed

Black Panther (with suit): Supersonic

Ok here we go:

1. Winter Soldier fights Sharon and Black Widow and they are capable of landing hits on him. Before hand Iron Man is equally capable of blocking and hitting Winter Soldier without a suit. Black Panther is capable of beating Winter Soldier without a suit.

https://youtu.be/Bn6_yTEKHBg The speeds we have for them don't add up.

2. Hawkeye reacts faster and generally out-speeds Scarlet Witch

At 3:36 https://youtu.be/BRi7ozh47do

3. Black Widow is capable of being faster than Crossbones while also landing hits (not AP worthy really) and dodging them.

https://youtu.be/LKTM53RDEEo at 7:55

4. Hawkeye briefly fights Black Panther (with suit) while managing to block a hit from BP

https://youtu.be/03nyBNelxY4 at 1:10

The speeds do NOT coincide with what we have on our profiles. Those with subsonic that I've mentioned should be supersonic and all others that scale.

Depowered does not mean no suit, watch the new movie.

Yeah, so that is why the peak humans should be supersonic, as well as the Hawkeye calc.

I think that this seems to make sense, but I do not have the best sense of judgement when it comes to these sorts of issues. It is better to ask Matthew to comment here. You can tell him that I would appreciate his input.

Okay. Perhaps you can politely request help from some other administrators as well.

I am not sure, but they are generally reliable, so most of them should be capable of helping out with this.

I suppose that you are correct. If nobody else is willing to help out by evaluating this, I suppose that I will have to make do.

Well, as I just mentioned, in lack of better options, I suppose that I will have to accept this on my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back