• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Love & Thunder Spoiler Thread

We're all realizing the dude is above the two celestials present, anything odin has done with stars that's 4-B, and the 4-A egyptian god shit by statements but because the celestials are the only ones with 4-C physicals that's what were going with

Why do we assume all average celestials are 4-C? Eson is a celestial and he isn't 4-C, and the celestials we see aren't even the giant planetary ones
Also there's literally a CRT to make Eson 4-C so that's not really an arguemnt his profile was made at a way earlier time and is heavily outdated to what we know average celestials are capable of and even from how they're birthed

Before I answer this, why is Eson considered particularly different? The only Celestial who is straight up stated to be different is Ego
Because afaik, Eson doesn't have reason to scale to 4-C, that and it's pretty suspect that he's 4-C when he's much smaller than the other celestials who do planetary to star level, and needed the power stone to perform a 5-A feat

Because afaik, Eson doesn't have reason to scale to 4-C, that and it's pretty suspect that he's 4-C when he's much smaller than the other celestials who do planetary to star level, and needed the power stone to perform a 5-A feat
Eh he used it doesn't mean he needed it and we also see celestials at omnipotence city who aren't the size of planets but we still consider them to be no different than regular celestials and ignoring their literal lore and how they're created alone is downplay to them

Like we see Arishem create the universe in his palm but also see him at multi-solar system sizes and planetary sizes when close to earth so it'd probably be likely they can alter their size

The celestials we see creating stars are dudes who are giant sized, idk why we would consider much smaller ones to do the same, when we know the smaller ones have much worse feats

After watching The Boys, you kinda want a more raw feeling from the movies, to go beyond boundaries and embrace what can potentially be a darker and more engaging story.
Wanted this so bad for love and thunder like I truely wanted this to be a genuine heartfelt story with a incredible scale to get behind it

After watching The Boys, you kinda want a more raw feeling from the movies, to go beyond boundaries and embrace what can potentially be a darker and more engaging story.
The comic Gorr the God Butcher and Godbomb storylines give you more of that feeling. I'd recommend checking those out. There's even a comic dub of them I went through.

When I went through those, I was like "Love and Thunder could never", and from what I heard and saw from the spoilers, I guess I was at least kind of right.

Idk, the tone is pretty mixed
It's pretty genuine at the end with Thor and jane and at the very beginning with Gorr but the fact they put all that story in the backdrop for most of the film to relegate the rest for jokes and an all around dumber and less heartfelt Thor is criminal especially when he fits exactly into the mold of gods that gorr is literally going after showings he's no different and that gorr is basically correct anyways unlike Thor in the god butcher story

OK, quick question: did Gorr fit the tone of the movie at all?
It's very mixed. The beginning (the best scene in the movie) perfectly sets up the character and his hatred for the gods and everytime he appears, the story gets darker (especially since he's genuinely creepy) and serious and the end is downright tragic but whenever it's just Thor and the others, it's all about jokes that are very hit-and-miss

I think I heard someone say Thor kills more gods in the film than Gorr lol
That's one of the problems with Gorr, we see corpses and images of the gods he killed but he never kills anyone major on-screen, the only god he's shown murdering is one of his own at the beginning and that's it, he should have had more scenes showing him murdering some deities to build his threat in a better way

It's pretty unfortunate cause Christian Bale is amazing in the role, the intro with him is very tragic and really good, the visuals with him are genuinely creepy, almost disturbing at times, the powers he displays are very sinister, his design works much better than expected, his ending is genuinely sad, etc. In short, the only things that prevent him from being a truly memorable villain and one of the best in the MCU are the fact that he's only seen killing once and he's not as strong as he could have been even without reaching the same level as his comics version (also I think redeeming him was a bad idea and he should have stayed evil till the end but his ending is still good)

Last edited:
That's one of the problems with Gorr, we see corpses and images of the gods he killed but he never kills anyone major on-screen, the only god he's shown murdering is one of his own at the beginning and that's it, he should have had more scenes showing him murdering some deities to build his threat in a better way
Falligar👀

I would've liked the wrestle black holes statement

Falligar👀

I would've liked the wrestle black holes statement
You know what, even without the black hole statement, I would have cared, the guy killed a kaiju-size god that is several kilometers taller and bigger than him at least and cut the arm of Lady Sif, one of the greatest warriors in Asgard and the Nine Realms. Don't care about the black hole at this point, just show us that insane fight

Back