• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU: High 6-C to 6-B Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
This should be a simple, quick and uncontroversial thread, or so I hope. This calc of Thor shaking Jotunheim has been accepted at 39.567 Teratons (Country level), so Thor and all the characters who scale from him should be upgraded from High 6-C to 6-B. The feat shouldn't be an outlier since it is weaker than the explosion of 126.187 Teratons (Large Country level) that killed Surtur.

Agree (5 staff and 10 users: @Aguywhodoesthings, @Propellus, @Emirp sumitpo, @Colonel_Krukov, @KLOL506, @Excel616, @Dalesean027, @Lacku, @The_one_you_least_expect, @ArkhamDC06, @Z's_Universe, @ThanatosX, @NHTkenshin2, @MARVEL_Future_Fight_Gamer, @Hellbeast)

Disagree (1 user: @Newendigo)

Last edited:
I agree without a doubt, it's about time for the MCU to go back to 6-B after years.

But didnt the explosion of Sokovia that currently every High 6-C scales to knocked his ass out?
When he performed the Sokovia feat, he was fighting for a long time against Ultron and his Sentinels and was visibly tired, so it makes sense that an explosion like that would blow him away and even knock him out.

It doesnt make sense for Thor to lower his durability so drastically after a small scruffle with Ultron (Because those sentinels didn't do shit to him, lets be real) that he was quickly knocked out by a blast that is 200x weaker than what is being proposed here.

And where it was stated that he was weakened before the fight?

It doesnt make sense for Thor to lower his durability so drastically after a small scruffle with Ultron (Because those sentinels didn't do shit to him, lets be real)
They actually scratched him up (Which should also be logically impossible to do but hey, gotta keep the movie interesting with tension, right?)

And where it was stated that he was weakened before the fight?
Ultron was choking Thor out when he states that he's running out of things to say. That would explain it. Right after that is the three-way beam standoff from Vision and Tony that melts off Ultron's armor.

Or we could just use Ultron beating up Thor during that timeframe before the chokehold.

The thing is tho, he recovered quite quickly from it and was mostly uninjured.
I don't remember how things went after the explosion tbh, but from the little I remember I don't think he was harmed, so yeah I agree with you.
In general, I don't see how that would be an anti feat.

The norns didnt sucked the life out of him, it just gave him visions of the infinity stones in a rather uncomfortable way, he was complety afterwards when he help create vision.
No they did

“The end result is horribly unbalanced: after rejecting ideas to simply have Thor find the answers that he sought in a library (“Thor... rockin' the Dewey Decimal system' - not very exciting” stated Whedon) the eventual way forward was deemed to be the supernatural cave sequence. Unfortunately, it tested badly with audiences, again and again, meaning that ultimately, we were left with a subplot that was so edited it really did seem tacked on as an afterthought. The extended deleted scene is considerably better, even without the presumed layers of CG that would have further given it credibility in the eyes of a sceptical audience. It sees Thor possessed by the supernatural Norns to resolve his quest for answers.

The longer version of the scene also adds a further layer of drama by revealing that Thor is sacrificing his life force by entering the pool.

https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/avengers-age-of-ultron-the-clues-in-its-deleted-scenes/

No they did

“The end result is horribly unbalanced: after rejecting ideas to simply have Thor find the answers that he sought in a library (“Thor... rockin' the Dewey Decimal system' - not very exciting” stated Whedon) the eventual way forward was deemed to be the supernatural cave sequence. Unfortunately, it tested badly with audiences, again and again, meaning that ultimately, we were left with a subplot that was so edited it really did seem tacked on as an afterthought. The extended deleted scene is considerably better, even without the presumed layers of CG that would have further given it credibility in the eyes of a sceptical audience. It sees Thor possessed by the supernatural Norns to resolve his quest for answers.

The longer version of the scene also adds a further layer of drama by revealing that Thor is sacrificing his life force by entering the pool.

https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/avengers-age-of-ultron-the-clues-in-its-deleted-scenes/
Kinda don't need this anyway because we have Ultron himself getting into a fight with the man, and the three man beam standoff, so...

They actually scratched him up (Which should also be logically impossible to do but hey, gotta keep the movie interesting with tension, right?)

Ultron was choking Thor out when he states that he's running out of things to say. That would explain it. Right after that is the three-way beam standoff from Vision and Tony that melts off Ultron's armor.
Scratches wouldnt explain how he got 200x times weaker Klol. Neither a chokehold

And, Ultron did that in the middle of the fight, I'm asking before the whole fight, after what Z's is (I think) implying.

Scratches wouldnt explain how he got 200x times weaker Klol. Neither a chokehold

And, Ultron did that in the middle of the fight, I'm asking before the whole fight, after what Z's is (I think) implying.
The one you least expect gave the information I was referring. It was stated in the movie that the norns take your life force. This was also brought up in the script (though I forget exactly where).

You mean this?
No they did

Dude, is not this part of a large can of deleted scenes?

And a large parts of deleted scenes, including Thor growing weaker before a battle, doesn't contradict the final product in which he didn't suffer such a power down before the battle?

Why do we even accept deleted scenes in the first place? They're deleted. Not canon to the main shit.

Also I've agreed to the calc in the other thread so you already know my stance on the upgrades

And a large parts of deleted scenes, including Thor growing weaker before a battle, doesn't contradict the final product in which he didn't suffer such a power down before the battle?
Ya because the scene wasn’t in the movie(though he still goes to the area if I remember correctly. We just don’t see what happened), that’s why it’s called a deleted scene
eitri-endgame.jpg

Of course, but there is a clear threshold.

Using a deleted scene in which a character explicitly grows weaker before a fight not only affects any feat that comes out of it, but the power scaling as a whole.

Ultron would only be superior to a weakened Thor, while also being able to tank hits from hulk in a damaged state, who is comparable to normal Thor.

Even tho he was damaged by a weaker thor in the three beam scene

Of course, but there is a clear threshold.

Using a deleted scene in which a character explicitly grows weaker before a fight not only affects any feat that comes out of it, but the power scaling as a whole.

Ultron would only be superior to a weakened Thor, while also being able to tank hits from hulk in a damaged state, who is comparable to normal Thor.

Even tho he was damaged by a weaker thor in the three beam scene
Actually it’s kind of constant since vision was capable of going head to head with him

that’s cuz of his vibranuim armor

I understand that we use the destruction of Asgard as a top since it killed Surtur, but having the same treatment with the destruction of Sokovia doesn't make sense, Thor just got knocked out without any damage and he quickly recovered from it

You don't undestand how large of a difference is ten thousand teratons and a couple hundreds gigatons.

Thor wouldnt have noticed the blast.

didnt thor himself blow up sokovia with his own power, so the explosion that knocked him out would just scale to however strong thor is and it just means thor going all out on an attack can momentarily knock himself out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back