• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mcu Captain America upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I brought this up in a thread that got closed; since cap took shots from ultron, who was able to punch a hole through steel in the same scene where he hit cap multiple times; and against iron man as well. Should cap not receive a boost? Ultron has large building ap for trading a few blows with iron man, and cap fought both of them

I agree, but many people say they are outliers. Ultron has City Level attack potency and durability and Cap kicked his shield into him. He also took hits from Loki. Should get at least Building Level. It isn't really an outlier because Batman is 8-C too.

Also look at the Civil War fight scenes he can damage Iron Man's armour. Many say Iron Man was holding back, but there is no prove. Instead, Cap and Bucky were on the defensive until Iron Man vaporized Bucky's bionic arm.

City-level Ultron is the one juiced on Vibranium cocktail. The one Cap fought isn't (in fact, another Ultron model got rekt by Iron Man during their dogfight in Africa).

Cap vs Loki was just Loki playing around (he was just pushing Cap, and then tried to keep him down and told him to kneel, you can't tell a corpse to kneel) and Cap not hurting him in any way at all.

Iron Man was holding back as he did not use his concrete-cutting lasers and small airplane-busting missiles on Cap and Bucky, and his repulsors weren't even made to kill (his repulsor beam in CW didn't even leave a burn mark on the ceiling, when his former armors' repulsors... ). Either that or his armor, as I've said as my headcanon before, was weaker than the previous ones and was meant to subdue instead of kill.

The chestpiece on Iron Man's armor is a unibeam that should be stronger than his repulsors, but I can't remember much instances of its use to prove that.

Well maybe his armour was weaker but you can't say he's holding back. Look how he slammed Captain America aside and punched him like that in the end. And he wanted to kill Bucky, how do you call it holding back? The Marvel Cinematic Universe Wiki even described Tony as "brutally beating down the captain". The wiki had said Tony prepared to kill Steve with the repulsor, how do you call it weak when it can kill a super-soldier? Tier 8-C would be OK, I don't think it's an outlier, DCEU Batman also had that level of strength. He also overwhelmed Spider-man too.

First of all, wikia is fanmade so we can't take that as fact. Second, DCEU Batman is irrelevant here. Third, he knows how much Cap can take, he's been with the guy through 2 large-scale battles already.

Fourth, Cap has done zero non-cosmetic damage with his punches, only actually doing anything with his shield. Ditto with Bucky and his metal arm. Fifth, a repulsor that can kill a super soldier that can punch through walls, but not strong enough to leave the slightest burn mark on the ceiling

Sixth, Spidey was massively outskilled, and again, the shield was a big factor. Spidey was hurt by the likes of a shield to the face, stressed by the airbridge dropping on him and taken out of the fight by Antman's swinging arm. Cap's physical capacity didn't seem to do much from what was shown.

If anything, the bolded part shows us that Iron Man's armor is weaker now than Cap being that high.

I think that Gemmysaur makes sense.

I opened this to reply before you made your second comment, so I didn't see it. Try to complete your comment in one post maybe?

Same case with that of Iron Man, only the shield did any damage, when Cap kicked it to Ultron's chest. He threw Ultron through a highway column, and it broke a large chunk of the column, but did nil to Ultron himself.

The shield is an established plot device at this point, more so than Mjolnir, in that it bounces when needed, pierces when needed, and doesn't disperse attacks consistently.

It depends on how much you destroy in a single strike. Busting a medium sized rock and busting a boulder obviously yield much different results despite both being the same substance.

The Bucky feat would have to be calculated first.

Bucky left a small crack on concrete which is like Street level+ to low Wall level.

Movie Batman is Wall level.

Also stop bringing irrelevant characters into your argument.

Cap has zero feats above Wall level

I see the repulsors having no effect on a bomb shelter is a point of contention. Well cap also tanked 2 of ultron repulsors which were strong enough to floor iron man as well as bust a steel door off a shipping container. If anything, Tony's were stronger since they actually hurt cap

So okay regarding giving Cap an upgrade, perhaps his AP is Wall Level but his durability might be building level due to his suit? In other words Cap is the opposite of a glass canon which I believe is called a stone wall (can tank hits but not dish our equivalent force)? His suit is body armor and was upgraded by Tony prior to AoU. I think that justifies some level of durability upgrade but only with the suit. Without his uniform - and shield - he is only wall level. That's my opinion anyway.

Edit: and the uniform's durability would probably only be for certain energy weapons and physical strikes. I'm sure someone who is physically stronger than cap could probably break his bones or something if they grappled him.

And for lifting strength, pushing, pulling, tearing, etc is also considered as lifting strength. So Deathlok pushed that 50-tonne tank he should get an upgrade.

Well, Cap without his suit is most likely Wall level in durability. With it, I am uncertain. Has it been stated that it offers any special protection?

Not really. Even the suit SHIELD gave him back during the Avengers barely protected him from Chitauri guns so what more can Tony add?

Perhaps we should close this thread?

However, this is turning into such an oft-occurring tiresome topic that it might be a good idea to work out a discussion rule forbidding it first.

So, does anybody have a suggestion regarding how to properly word the rule?

"Please do not make revision threads discussing scaling Captain America to Iron Man from their fight in Civil War, as this has been discussed many times before."

Perhaps: "Please do not make Marvel Cinematic Universe revision threads discussing scaling Captain America to Iron Ma from their fight in the "Civil War" movie, as this has been discussed many times before, and strongly contradicts the established scale of their respective feats."

This thread was scaling off of ultron, not iron man. But fine, apparently this site is not a good one to have discussions about ideas.

Regular repulsor beams are Wall level.(Every single time Iron Man has used them they were on this level).

So surviving them would make Cap's durability Wall level (which is pretty much what he is currently listed)

Also Iron Man's stats are extremely inconsistent and the profile rankings are far from accurate.

His regular physical and beams (as i mentioned above) are around Wall level, with more powerful attacks being up to Room level.

His arc reactor is said to produce Building level amounts of energy though he hasn't shown such level of attack power and while he has alarge building level feat the calc involves cinematic time and pushing doesn't necessarily make for the best attack method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back