• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonStarFallen

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Currently we have Doctor Strange, along with other Sorcerers, listed as Unknown in AP due to this CRT deciding the Sorcerers have no magic attacks that are directly AP, and thus they have nothing to scale to. Putting aside how this wasn't edited into the pages, how we were left with circular scaling withh no explanations as to why they are unknown, and how the CRT was not linked in the edit, so I had to spend a hour searching for it; the actual change itself is wrong. We do actually see him use offensive magic, and it does have a measuring stick.

Episode 4 of What If, Strange shoots blasts of energy that disintegrates animals created by Strange Supreme. And when Strange Supreme launched these, not only did he preasure Strange's shield, but he actually destroyed a few of them. Even better, he tears away at his protection spell that was crafted by both him and Wong with prep.

Strange's shields, as well as any Sorcerer's worth their salt really, is 7-B from tanking shots from Thanos's ship, so he should scale. Pre-Infinity War included, since both Stranges are equal to each other, so all this confirms really is that Strange's AP is somewhat comparable to his defensive powers.

While I do agree that Unknown is probably not the best for their AP, Strange Supreme, given the amount of beings he absorbed, should be more powerful than regular Strange, aka the one who fought him so if anything the destruction of those shields would only scale to him.

Also means Strange Supreme is At least 7-B physically cuz he punched away the protection spell but that's more an outlier

Not exactly, after all, this was before Strange Supreme absorbed normal Strange. Because of the Ancient One's split, they were equal in power.

Not exactly, after all, this was before Strange Supreme absorbed normal Strange. Because of the Ancient One's split, they were equal in power.
Hmm, fair enough I guess. Scaling should be fine as long as we allow cross scaling between What If and main MCU cuz I remember that was something being contested before.

Also now all I can think of is At least 7-B physicals for Strange Supreme lol

Hmm this seems like it should be fine, I definitely disagree with the Sorcerers being Unknown as I just think we have to much to go against that.

Yeah this is a NWH spoiler as well but Strange also even without magic
tanks green goblin pumpkin bombs from point blank range which falls in line with the calc for the physicals strange had in what if.

According to the Ancient One they were still more or less equal, Supreme just had a few hundred more years of experience.

Strange's shield also tanked a kick from Thanos and mirror dimension shield tanked a hit from power stone powered beam

It's not really a shield, he's using the MD to counter his attack so it's more a form of Reality Warping than anything else

Saw someone suggesting the Rings could make sorcerers 6-C due to Wong slicing Cull's arm, could they be put to "9-B physically, at least 7-B via Magic, 6-C via Rings"?

It's not really a shield, he's using the MD to counter his attack so it's more a form of Reality Warping than anything else

Saw someone suggesting the Rings could make sorcerers 6-C due to Wong slicing Cull's arm, could they be put to "9-B physically, at least 7-B via Magic, 6-C via Rings"?
Yep.

Why is it not being mentioned that strange and bubble spells in the mirror dimension that can effect the entire universe and more, man has some crazy sealing and we saw he do the same thing to people from what if when he bubbled killmonger and zola. It might not be related to his shields but it is another defense he has

According to the Ancient One they were still more or less equal, Supreme just had a few hundred more years of experience.
This actually has me a bit concerned, Supreme has clearly gotten more powerful given that that was the whole point of him slowly working up the food chain of demons. So it doesn’t really make sense unless regular Strange has somehow also gotten stronger over this time. Supreme’s statement about his power being diluted between the two of them could imply that Strange is also gaining these boosts, which would explain why he’s able to fight Supreme. Between the two statements, I’m not sure it makes sense to scale live action Strange to what if Strange (in terms of AP, magic knowledge/abilities would still be the same)

This actually has me a bit concerned, Supreme has clearly gotten more powerful given that that was the whole point of him slowly working up the food chain of demons. So it doesn’t really make sense unless regular Strange has somehow also gotten stronger over this time. Supreme’s statement about his power being diluted between the two of them could imply that Strange is also gaining these boosts, which would explain why he’s able to fight Supreme. Between the two statements, I’m not sure it makes sense to scale live action Strange to what if Strange (in terms of AP, magic knowledge/abilities would still be the same)
I mean if he got the boost in power, they'd be more or less equal no? My point wasn't that live action Strange is as strong as what if Strange, but that Strange's magical AP is as strong as his forcefields.

If by fighting you mean getting killed, impaled, obliterated, crushed, etc, over and over and over and over in the time loop for thousands of times, then yes, he did

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back