• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Issei Hyoudou: 0

Haruka Osakabe: 0

Speed Equal

Issei Hyoudou (Apocalypse AnswerArms) and Haruka Osakabe used

If there is a unanimous incon vote then the match Turns into a Knife Heel deathmatch

Start 7 meters apart in the cave

In character

Let the fifth match of Round 1 begin

Who nominated these two?
Me and Imouto.

1) Now, Breast Language is definitely a good counter to Haruka's skill advantage (Assuming she had one here, although it's debatable), the problem is that he's facing someone way stronger than himself (She actually scales quite a bit above 96 Teratons) who can summon at least 6 monsters comparable to her (Who he cannot read via BL) and having a few abilities Issei can't counter (Like Stealth Mastery & Sealing).

2) Haruka also counters Boost and Divide with AOE Magic absorption (Which is good enough to make her stomp and blitz people comparable to her after like, a few seconds, and continue getting stronger. Which is why I said I plan on changing her rating to High 6-B over time), she also just straight up gets stronger passively as she fights even without magic absorption. Divide could still work on individual ranged attacks with some effectiveness, but the point still stands.

3) The nail in Issei's coffin is that he has no Pnull resistance. Which makes this battle a sealed deal, considering everything else she has.

So... Haruka for those reasons, even without Wings of The Saint (Which is actually a much more crazy ability than the profile suggests)

Assuming fear hax doesn't work here because of mind resistance, to make things more interesting, although in something like top 5 for every tier I would argue it works.

Last edited:
Me and Imouto.

1) Now, Breast Language is definitely a good counter to Haruka's skill advantage (Assuming she had one here, although it's debatable), the problem is that he's facing someone way stronger than himself (She actually scales quite a bit above 96 Teratons) who can summon at least 6 monsters comparable to her (Who he cannot read via BL) and having a few abilities Issei can't counter (Like Stealth Mastery & Sealing).

2) Haruka also counters Boost and Divide with AOE Magic absorption (Which is good enough to make her stomp and blitz people comparable to her after like, a few seconds, and continue getting stronger. Which is why I said I plan on changing her rating to High 6-B over time), she also just straight up gets stronger passively as she fights even without magic absorption. Divide could still work on individual ranged attacks with some effectiveness, but the point still stands.

3) The nail in Issei's coffin is that he has no Pnull resistance. Which makes this battle a sealed deal, considering everything else she has.

So... Haruka for those reasons.

Assuming fear hax doesn't work here because of mind resistance, to make things more interesting, although in something like top 5 for every tier I would argue it works.
Hey Yung, since you seems knowledgeable about DxD can you give your input here

i tried to message in your profile but it seems that you limit who can

Me and Imouto.

So... Haruka for those reasons, even without Wings of The Saint (Which is actually a much more crazy ability than the profile suggests)

Dude he does resist Power Null in the Key that he's in which is Apocalypse AnswerArms with his previous Key (True DxD) states the following "All previous abilities, Resistance to Power Nullification (Rizevim and Apophis couldn't nullify his abilities as a result of him possessing Ophis' power of infinity [27] [28])"

Means Divide and Dress Break are usable against Haruka which means that he can strip her of her clothing and constantly halve her and the Summon's AP adding it to his own (as he can interact with spirits). His Limited Durability Negation and Limited Resistance Negation is layered enough to injure somebody with resistance to both still.

Also, how exactly does Haruka's seal work because it says that she can make Ice Coffins and then seal things inside of them would this prevent somebody who can make portals from teleporting outside of the ice coffin? And seeing as Ice Coffin is magic and Issei has resistance to magic I doubt that they'd be effective on him. Plus how will she deal with his Attack Reflection and his ability to grope a booba to absorb energy from the booba to power his attacks?

Pailingal gives him the advantage in combat because it is not like she can tell her booba to stop talking meaning that she probably would even know that they are telling him her attack strategy. Issei himself is pretty smart and can think of plans to defeat more skilled opponents after seeing their powers being used, running away to plan an attack isn't out of character for him either. Couples with his range advantage she isn't getting close to him unless he wants her to.

Also in this key, all of his resistances and abilities are vastly enhanced plus he can manifest both Ddraig and Ryuuteimaru to fight alongside him. Ddraig himself shares most of the same resistances and abilities as Issei and can also summon other dragons to aid him in battle meaning that her six summons will be mogged.

Haruka's Wings of Saint seemingly has a numerical limit of use which for some reason is conveniently not mentioned on VSBW, but besides due to its limited uses and the fact that Issei can continually halve her AP and add it to his own this doesn't seem very useful, especially being that the resistance that she'd get from this ability would be bypassed by his Resistance Negation. (Do you have a scan for not saying it has a limit amount of uses because the wiki of her LN says that it does but also lacks citation so I guess that was a part of the upgrade that you mentioned) Even with the argument of her becoming resistant would be pointless due to him having layered durability and resistance negation and her not fighting anybody who would have layared resistance negation to prove that she is flat out resistant to such things as layared negations.

As far as I can tell Haruka's summons hide in the shadows and Devils in Highschool DxD can in near pitch-black as if its day time in base meaning that he negs their Stealth Mastery unless I am misunderstanding what I read.

Oh and may I have a scan of her using Ice Coffins to seal time please?

Last edited:
I think that the real nail in the coffin is that she has never fought somebody that could match her in skill in combat, so she would begin to lose her cool due to her sub conscious fear of losing and her powers not working against a guy who doesn't look so tough.

Dude he does resist Power Null in the Key that he's in which is Apocalypse AnswerArms with his previous Key (True DxD) states the following "All previous abilities, Resistance to Power Nullification (Rizevim and Apophis couldn't nullify his abilities as a result of him possessing Ophis' power of infinity [27] [28])"
Somehow I missed that. Layered Pnull for the verse coming in a future CRT tho kek.
Means Divide and Dress Break are usable against Haruka which means that he can strip her of her clothing and constantly halve her and the Summon's AP adding it to his own (as he can interact with spirits). His Limited Durability Negation and Limited Resistance Negation is layered enough to injure somebody with resistance to both still.
Her equipment doesn't really grant protection or anything so dress break doesn't matter (Although it might work on ice coffins... might not becasuse of something I'll mention later in this post), and she resists divide's statistics reduction and can counter with AOE magic absorption (Which means as he gets stronger, so does she)
Also, how exactly does Haruka's seal work because it says that she can make Ice Coffins and then seal things inside of them would this prevent somebody who can make portals from teleporting outside of the ice coffin? And seeing as Ice Coffin is magic and Issei has resistance to magic I doubt that they'd be effective on him. Plus how will she deal with his Attack Reflection and his ability to grope a booba to absorb energy from the booba to power his attacks?
No clue. It might, but seeing as how time itself is sealed in the coffins, so anyone sealed gets put unconscious. No way of knowing. Although I don't think we generally accept teleporting outside of enclosed seal as valid here. Good question though... also.

Blanket magic resistance isn't useful against a Tsuki ga character (In the verse, having any amount of magic grants full-on resistance to magic abilities; something I plan on expanding on in a future CRT, with resistance being higher based upon the amount of magic energy you have)
Pailingal gives him the advantage in combat because it is not like she can tell her booba to stop talking meaning that she probably would even know that they are telling him her attack strategy. Issei himself is pretty smart and can think of plans to defeat more skilled opponents after seeing their powers being used, running away to plan an attack isn't out of character for him either. Couples with his range advantage she isn't getting close to him unless he wants her too.
This is facts, my counter to this was that he would also be fighting summons on her level as well (She starts with summons here), some of which he can't even sense or be aware of. Though, with the seeing in darkness point in mind, I don't remember if the people she fought also could see in darkness or not and didn't specifically list it on the profile kek. Wait... actually I'm pretty sure they can..
Haruka's Wings of Saint seemingly has a numerical limit of use which for some reason is conveniently not mentioned on VSBW (Do you have a scan for it being otherwise than what the Wiki says?)
The limit is probably as high as the number of times Issei can boost. Though that's only even happened against Makoto, who:
1) Is several tiers above her (Probably very many tiers, actually), and way faster, with Makoto saying he would have been stomped if they were similar in power/speed. Even then, when Makoto thought WotS would stop working it continued activating.

2) Can increase his hax and resistance on the fly.

3) Has resistance to her magic.

4) She presumably lost that weakness as the High Water Spirit, given that she could use WotS again after gaining that power.

Oh and may I have a scan of her using Ice Coffins to seal time please?
I could find that, but a lot of stuff having to do with Haruka outside of direct feats is gonna be really hard to find tbh.

So... to answer your previous question teleportation with the ice coffins, I actually went through and re-read Haruka's battle with Makoto, and magic teleportation is sealed but skill teleportation isn't.

โ€œIt may have been for a short moment, but this is the best method I could pull by using all my strength and the strength of the Water Spirit-sama. Now Raidou, letโ€™s rot together.โ€ (Haruka)

โ€œSo sealing was yourโ€”!โ€ (Makoto)

โ€œSix Ice Coffins, open!!โ€ (Haruka)

Luckily, it is not as if my magic has been sealed.

I canโ€™t move or undo the Magic Armor and it is sealing my own movements as well.

Too bad.

I still have teleportation magic.

With the spell that I am familiar with as much as bridd, I set the coordinates to the back of Haruka-san, and activate teleportation.

โ€œโ€ฆ..Oi oi.โ€ (Makoto)

But my familiar spell didnโ€™t activate.

โ€œIf it is teleportation magic, the Water Spirit-sama was looking out for the spell formation, and has completely sealed it. It is pointless.โ€ (Haruka)

Since whenโ€ฆ

The presence of the Water Spirit inside Haruka-san has disappeared.

They have one upped me here.

โ€œHahโ€ฆโ€ (Makoto)

โ€œIroha, this mother of yours, pleaseโ€ฆโ€ (Haruka)

Maybe she took my sigh as resignation, Haruka-san began to send words towards Iroha-chan.

They did read a part of my cards, but my sigh actually meant that it was great that this was all they have done.

In other words, they havenโ€™t taken into account what comes further beyond.

That maybe thereโ€™s more left.

โ€œโ€ฆโ€ฆEh?โ€

I look at Haruka-san and the six open coffins.

In my hand, thereโ€™sโ€ฆAzusa.

Because I understood that the strength of my magic was lacking to destroy those coffins.

While I was buying time and was picturing myself โ€˜shooting throughโ€™ them, I learned about them.

A distance of around ten meters was opened between her and me.

Haruka-sanโ€™s face was dyed in surprise.

Her eyes were wide open.

The method was simple.

I have two means for teleportation.

One is teleportation through magic.

And the other is teleportation using the mist of Tomoe. This one is not even magic.

If I had to categorize it, I would say it is more of a skill. Thereโ€™s no way the Spirit who dealt with the magic formation and aria of the teleportation would be able to deal with this.

As a result, I was able to escape from the encirclement of coffins.

Three coffins sealed the body, and the remaining three sealed time; these fearsome tools crumble this time for sure, and in time, the six Ayakashis that were pierced by the arrows fell to the ground.

Makoto needed azusa as a power boost to destroy her coffins? Holy shit, she's a damn stone wall!!

I think that the real nail in the coffin is that she has never fought somebody that could match her in skill in combat, so she would begin to lose her cool due to her sub conscious fear of losing and her powers not working against a guy who doesn't look so tough.
Idk if Issei matches her skill tbh (She never lost a fight from the very first time she picked up a sword), and he certainly doesn't stomp her in other ways to bring out that fear in her.

I actually really appreciate that she's like a scardy cat, while being the strongest Hyuman in the world, only beaten by literal gods of the verse.
Scared eyes.

Haruka-san.

This person is not fit for battle.

Her techniques and body are polished to an unbelievable level, butโ€ฆthereโ€™s one thing.

Her heart is not there.

In aโ€ฆdifferent meaning from meโ€ฆ

If there were an opponent of the same level or higher, a meaning to battle would be born?

In regards to Haruka-san, that would be a mistake.

Until now, I haveโ€ฆmoderately cornered her, and had her expose all the skills that she can use.

She had some revelations and growth within the battle, making the job quite difficult, but she probably only has her last plan remaining.

Haruka-san is scared.

Scared of injury, scared of defeat, scared of death.

She hasnโ€™t conquered those fears at all.

Or more like, in all her life till now, she hasnโ€™t felt that kind of fear and has managed to survive with her overwhelming talent โ€”even when she was forced to the battlefield.

That part is actually miraculous, and makes me think about what a winner she is.
Haruka is actually a really cool character to be from such a meh series. I feel the same way about like Hatsuharu and Komoe; well-written characters in a badly written series. And while I like Mio and Tomoe, I'll acknowledge that they aren't particularly well-written. But back to the battle...

Haruka and Mio do seem like characters too good for their series from what I read of them

I'm not sure exactly where Issei sits he has fought, defeated, and trained with people who have years of combat experience to their names, such as Sun Wukong (yes that Sun Wukong that Goku and Mori Jin are based on and the guy from the Journey to the West) and Gressil (who has an ability similar to Wings of Saint). He isn't a stranger to being outclassed and out-gunned in a fight and then turning it around like a true shonen protagonist (albeit a horny one).

I have never really debated before so most of my questions about how certain abilities to work are mostly conjecture and trying to get an understanding of what can be done.

Last edited:
When did Issei hax is layered???. And and there is a reason why it is limited
Issei can continually halve her AP and add it to his own
False, he can halve, but can't add to his own AP, AxA is his uppermost limit, and the show clearly stated that he or Vali can't add more power when they are at their limit, and i don't remember it is his first move in this form. To be fair, he i don't remember he used any hax in this form aside from brute force, and it not last long either

When did Issei hax is layered???. And and there is a reason why it is limited

False, he can halve, but can't add to his own AP, AxA is his uppermost limit, and the show clearly stated that he or Vali can't add more power when they are at their limit, and i don't remember it is his first move in this form. To be fair, he i don't remember he used any hax in this form aside from brute force, and it not last long either
All I remember is that his gauntlet said boost a lot so maybe you are right about that and I am misremembering this.

The durability and resistance negation on his first (key) clearly states that he is able to use it on a person who would typically resist said abilities meaning that it is layered (right?)

Limited Durability Negation and Limited Resistance Negation (Can bypass defensive abilities[7][8] and inflict damage to the core of opponents [9]. It can also get through Gressil's Resistance ability [10])

Back