• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Master Chief vs Kirito

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zwei vs Kirito was a stupid idea, but we didn't have this fight on the site yet, so let's do it because why not?

Also because the gap between the dura and AP of these characters is much closer than the gap between Zwei and Kirito, this matchup might actually produce a result for one character or the other.

Kirito Dual Blades
Solo Player Beater

Master Chief
There's no alien invasion too small. There's no alien invasion at all.

This is Halo 5: Guardians-Era Chief (His current prime)
MC has standard equipment listed in the Profile of MC, though he has sticky plasma grenades instead of M9's because I like them more. MC has MK VI Armor with shields of course.

Kirito has any equipment from the era named in the round.

Fight takes place on the bridge of Undertale here (where you fight Undyne the Undying)

Bridge
Each combatant stands on the opposite ends of the bridge.

Who wins and why?

Round 1: GGO Kirito vs Master Chief

Round 2: ALO Kirito vs Master Chief

Round 3: SAO Kirito vs Master Chief

MC has better dura and comparable AP/Speed, while Kirito has the opposite.

This is pretty much a semi-tank vs semi-glass cannon, but I'm gonna go with MC at the moment due to better experience, skill, tactics/strategy and espescially range.

Master Chief has the advantage in skill, experience, range and CERTAINLY durability. He'll have trouble tagging Kirito at first since he's subsonic combat wise and Kirito has hypersonic reactions. However although I did disagree that stamina drastically decreases dura in the Zwei thread, I do think Kirito's fatigue will compromise his speed enough for MC to fight back. Plus MC's advantages should make him exhaust Kirito more than Zwei would have. Once Kirito is too tired he gets beaten up due to lack of skill, range or AP to finish him off.

My vote goes to Master Chief.

I'm just saying this now, but with pre-cog + similar stamina, I really doubt he'll be getting soon.

Theres also the fact that he can cut literally the majority of his weapons.

You know, it would have been a little bit more interesting to have a little mix: SAO Kirito with the looks, but GGO equipment. This Kirito would be in his prime, but he'd know how to deflect bullets. How does that sound?

Of course, maybe eventually MC would end Kirito one way or another, but that would make this fight a bit more fun to debate about, since they now have ranged weapons on them.

Edit: This is just an idea, don't really have to do it though.

SomebodyData said:
I'm just saying this now, but with pre-cog + similar stamina, I really doubt he'll be getting soon.
Theres also the fact that he can cut literally the majority of his weapons.
GGO Kirito is the only one with pre-cog

Also, that's debatable, I'm pretty certain MC's weapons are made of something more durable than a real-life rifle, but I can't confirm it.

Anyways, edited the OP. MC faces various incarnations of Kirito.

All versions of Kirito has precog. SAO Kirito has the highest reflexes among the three versions considering Death Gun's comment on how GGO Kirito was so rusty that SAO Kirito would've been ashamed.

SAO Kirito would likely win with Starburst Stream being strong enough to chunk out a health bar or so of a floor boss that soloed the army. Eclipse has even higher damage.

Note that sword skills amp attack speed by a significant amount that it is normally not possible for a normal person (gamers in the SAO-verse, you know, the guys with roughly hypersonic reflexes) to do mid-combat unless with very long amounts of practice of the same move.

ALO Kirito has the flight advantage and takes advantage of elemental attacks. Methinks an electric attack from Kirito would really hurt Chief, if not, hurt his armor's capabilities.

GGO Kirito's beam saber cuts through most things and has only been shown to be blocked by an estoc made of starship metal. I doubt Chief's weapons are that durable, his armor did survive atmospheric entry though so there's that.

TL;DR, SAO 7.5/10 | ALO 6/10 | GGO 7/10

Kirito's Photon Saber is unworthy of being called a lightsaber. It hasn't shown cutting power anywhere near a Lightsaber outside of the movies or Clone wars.

But I digress

MC: 2

Kirito: 1

Master Chief takes this against the SAO and GGO versions of Kirito relatively handily, TBH

SAO Kirito's only methods of potentially hurting his adversary are through Eclipse and Starburst Stream, both of which even if he uses them in tandem cannot bring down Master Chief's shields as, assuming Chief's dura and Kirito's AP (normally he's on a low end of building, but assuming SS and Eclipse boost him to high-end building) are on the high end of 8-B and 8-C, Master Chief is still 50.05x more durable than all of Kirito's 43 slashes, and they have long cooldowns last I checked. The Lightsaber/Photo Saber/Photon Sword doesn't ignore durability like the real-deal, so it's not going to do anything to MC's shields either and is actually a much worse option. And while he does have a gun, it's a standard Five Seven pistol which would do nothing to MC's armor, much less his shields as Chief's Armor >>> UNSC Pistols >>> Modern Weaponry

Plus Master Chief's 9-B to 9-A physically, but is also ranked as High 8-C with direct impact. So he could just punch Kirito while he's being attacked, and while I odn't think it will kill Kirito outright, he still will be dazed and possibly even significantly injured. Or even maybe roll away while Kirito's attacking him to recover his shields as Kirito's best attacks are also lengthy and I'm pretty sure he can't pivot on the spot.

Regarding Gemmysaur's comment, those people the Gleam Eyes took out aren't tier 8-c as they are inferior to Kirito by a vast margin and were likely underleveled due to their injuries as in an MMORPG an MMO full guild would wipe the floor with any 1 enemy they came across that wasn't a World Boss (like the Gleam Eyes). Heck Kirito is overleveled anyway compared to most enemies in the game so that may have shifted things in his favor along with Klein, Asuna and an entire army doing a reasonably sizeable margin of the boss' health.

@Somebody Data While they have similar stamina, Kirito will exhaust his far faster due to his fast-paced fighting style

He'd also fatigue and this on top of his weapons eventually breaking will slow him down, weaken him, make him less durable, and allow John to fight back, and Kirito will be practically helpless even in a fistfight as Chief's overall stats at that point will be far greater.

In other words, Kirito's odds of winning are very slim, tho SAO has a better chance than GGO, who honestly has no way of winning period since he can't amp his attack speed nor does he has any long combos to possibly chip down Chief's shields, which will regen during battle after a 2 second break should Kirito decide to run and heal.

Against ALO Kirito things get interesting. Kirito has a 20 minute flight advantage and electric attacks, but they aren't powerful enough to destroy Chief's shields outright, and they will regen anyway. Kirito himself likely will not use it as it's not his M.O., and if he sees that Chief's suit is electrical, then an electrical MMO enemy should be resistant to eletrical attacks (like the Powertech's from SWTOR), so he might decide to not use it altogether. This is far closer, but I'm still favoring John.

Overall,

SAO Kirito: John 8/10

GGO Kirito: John 9.5/10

ALO Kirito: John 5.5/10

okay, with Kirito's recent upgrades this is much tougher for me.

Kirito is at least low-end large building in ap/dura with hypersonic+ combat speed. Master Chief is low-end large building level, subsonic+ with city-block level+ dura

So Master Chief is 50.05x more durable around as powerful, while Kirito is around 25x faster.

His edge seems more relevant to me in that field.

Master Chief outclasses Kirito in every catagory, such as skill, experience, range, etc. except for their AP being roughly equal, and Kirito's massive speed advantage. I also think John's regenerating shields give him a solid edge over Kirito as his regen is much faster than Kirito's.

Ultimately now I see Chief winning with high difficulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back