• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Master Chief needs an additional key+ Some upgrades to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could try Gyazo as well.

Anyway, the agreed upon changes should probably be fine.

@DarkDragon

I still have to disagree with you on the suits. The Mark 1 explicitly increases the strength and toughness of the user; it's hardly a hunk of metal. I said it's described as human-powered defense structure b/c it's so large and bulky. as well as being a tethered unit. It's not slow though: regular humans can keep up a sustained pace of 20mph while wearing it and lift 2 tons easily. Also the guard didn't just collapse; John broke the suit it was leaking hydraulic fluid meaning the armor was cracked open, so yes I'd say fighting and destroying several of those units warrants an 'At least 9B'.

Also I'm not sure what you're talking about when you say taking of the armor makes it weaker (It does make a Spartan much weaker but in terms of defense the armor still remains the same even when not worn, as it still has the hard outer layer, armored under layer, and energy absorbing gel that's really the key to a Spartan's increased defense)?

I see what you're talking about with the shields (It's kind of annoying how inconsistent they are) and I guess I can agree with that. Either way he's getting 8-C+ shields so yeah

Anyway though I still have to disagree with the stun rounds though, it's explicitly designed differently than regular infantry training stun rounds. They are used only for Spartan training (stated Ghosts of Onyx). The fact that it has enough force to knock over a something that weighs at the very least 1000 lbs. means that it has to be a higher velocity than normal stun rounds.

9-A for suitless Spartans is still highly questionable. It's a thick hunk of metal, but it's still a hunk of metal and more like a mech rather than a suit of armor. Still, it's more like the guard was piloting a suit that's stronger than him rather than it actually connecting to him. I'm aware of the 20 mph and 2 ton lifting strength, but that's still well weaker than Mk VI. 20 mph to 8.9 m/s is still Athletic Human movement speed. Even destroying cars is a 9-B feat and I'm positive those suits weigh less than cars and other vehicles; not to mention the guards wearing it aren't even Spartans is further proof of this. A speeding Warthog is still 9-B and that's still heavily implied to have more impact than suitless Spartans at least.

Edit when a Spartan takes MJOLNIR off, than the suit could just be an empty shell. Crushing a full soda can is harder than crushing an empty soda can. There's a lot more empty space inside the suit meaning it might be easier to crush or dent when no one's even wearing it. Still, when not worn by anyone, it's still an inanimate object and should be treated as such, denting one doesn't mean you scale to it. Otherwise, Snake would be 8-B

Actually, I looked into it. Halo: Uprising takes place between Halo 2 and 3, which he does have the Mark 6 at this point in time. Statements say Mk 6 is twice as strong as Mk 5 yes, but I need to point another thing. The reason Fuel Rod Cannons are 8-C in the first place is because it took 2 of them to vaporize a fully shielded Holly who was wearing Mk 5. So if one Mk 5 Spartan was That much more durable than another Mk 5 Spartan, then there'd be an outlier somewhere. Either Fuel Rod Cannon gets downgraded to 300 Megajoules, which would downgrade both feats, or taking 6 Fuel Rods is an outlier than can't be used. But anyway, it appears to be Mk 6 so that has 8-C durability. Mk 7 is the only suit getting the "+" sign.

Again, Calc stacking is against the rules on the wiki. Also, where does 1000 pounds come from? You do realize we're talking about Spartans that aren't wearing armor. Additionally, John with Mjolnir is 990 pounds which is slightly less than 1000 and that's actually above average. Jorge-052 is the only spartan who's over 1000 pounds; (1030 lb to be specific). Also, does it really take that much energy to knock over a large person? All it really takes is a bad shoelace, unbalanced ground or element of surprise.

We can continue discussing and I want to wait for Soldier Blue since he has one of the best judgements here and is experienced with the series and past statements. I can take care of the accepted changes though.

Edit: I have edited the Spartans as well as Atriox and Fal Chavamee. Though, I've never directly seen Thel fight on par with anyone in Halo 5 or beyond, so I'm unsure and decided to leave his profile as is for now. But then there are other things to discuss. I have also decided to remove Tactical nukes from the profiles since they're pretty much outside help.

@Xing

The armors predating the Mk4 are just powered exoskeletons that where super bulky and required an outside power source to run.

I'm also going to edit in justifications for MC.

Okay so I just finished adding in justifications and fixing things. Are you sure you took your time editing DDM? Because there where some naming and Chronological errors in there

I had the name Kurt in my mind when I was thinking of Buck for some reason. And I was trying to seperate the keys, but that can throw me off from time to time. Also, I didn't quite know what every weapon or ability each character had, but just most of it. I seperated it best I could for now basically. The proper profile format was my primary concern.

@Dark Dragon.

Fair enough on the fuel rods, now that you've explained it I can see where it might come in as an outlier. Also, sorry I've been off site for a bit so I forgot exactly what calc stacking entailed, so yeah I'll drop the stun rounds thing.

One more thing though, I was actually only going for 'At Least 9B' for unarmored Spartans now, b/c while the Mark 1 did have increased strength, speed, and armor plating - it was never said that it had the hydrostatic gel layer that makes MJOLNIR so durable.

Actually that layer's why I said the durability of MJOLNIR would be the same even without someone wearing it, b/c it actually can actually pressurize and disperse hard impacts similar to when someone's wearing it so MJOLNIR wouldn't actually crumple when hit while empty (well if the layer was active). It's what allows Spartans to survive high drops that should kill them (eg. when Fred and Red Team emergency jump from their Pelican from orbit in First Strike and Master Chief orbital drop).

Why we're the nukes removed? I mean, for the Fury I get it because their numbers werent consistent but the HAVOK is almost iconic to the Chief.

It's generally considered outside help; and it's not something he carries around normally. It's something a UNSC ship usually carries and launches. Additionally, wasn't sure which key to put it as, plus it was another thing that was pretty much making his profile messy. Reppuzan I think agreed to have them removed a while back; and Weekly Battles also asked above why they stay if Mac was removed.

I could add them to Generation 2, but I want to here thoughts from other staff members, I was personally neutral on it as was Versus. Also, there is a difference between some of these characters. Nova actually summons the nukes telekinetically, and Doppelganger uses Reality Warping/Summoning to summon those nukes out of nowhere. John on the other hand does't carry the nuke, nor does he have supernatural powers to just summon them, and it's back up from the UNSC who uses them.

Most of the staff currently seem busy with schoolwork, but you can provide me with a summary of the conclusions so far if you wish.

Versus and I already took care of the conclusions; most notably the extra key. Next is just other things to discuss but haven't really been concluded yet. I think we could just keep the thread open for now and wait for someone like Blue to come back and give his thoughts.

Well:

I feel like timeframe is off, the Gravemind at the Forerunner-Flood war was very strong, the Prometheans of course would need a quick bombardment since they wont survive against a Gravemind for more than a minute or so.

Also Promethan squads are mostly composed of 1 or 2 knights so various sqauds could vary from 3 to 6, so Mid or High seems ok, (Mostly mid) 10 knights is kinda exagerated.

Just my opinion, also we still need to talk about Chief's nukes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back